Sage Steele crying to white daddy about not being included in ESPN special on race because she’s not considered “authentically black”

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
I don’t care for her

what I see here is a ton of ignorant people tho

me personally I consider a mixed person black but at the same time I can understand if they’re mixed and support WS views how black people can disregard them as not being black, because it’s a choice of theres which race they choose to favor.

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I mean.......

sage-steele-with-her-husband-and-children-1564897043.jpg
Well....there is your answer

SKATTA

International
International Member
Unless you're from the motherland recently chances are you're not pure "Black". Frankly, I don't subscribe to these definitions of so-called Racial identities as all of this is part of the "Machinery" of White Supremacy. When you play that game you propagate the thing you are resisting. The most effective forms of oppression have the oppressed participating in their own denigration. When you play the who is a black or "real black" game you're doing their work for them. Remember that Race is a social construct. Again part of the "Machinery" of White Supremacy with white always at the top of the food chain...

Seriously,so now most black ppl in the western hemisphere can identify as mixed??

or are you saying that biracial ppl dont exist and they are all black?

which would contradict with the first statement.

not everything is so called white supremacy,

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Seriously,so now most black ppl in the western hemisphere can identify as mixed??

or are you saying that biracial ppl dont exist and they are all black?

which would contradict with the first statement.

not everything is so called white supremacy,

What I'm saying is it "Don't Matter". Race determination based on skin color is Man-Made or in this case its White Supremacist doctrine that has become normalized in American culture. To answer your 1st question of course we are all mixed. You know all these plantations were running like Fox News. Raping all the time. So if you can trace your family back several generations at some point an ancestor of yours was raped directly or married someone who was or was a product of such behavior. So it is a moot point. Don't confuse Culture with Color.

SKATTA

International
International Member
What I'm saying is it "Don't Matter". Race determination based on skin color is Man-Made or in this case its White Supremacist doctrine that has become normalized in American culture. To answer your 1st question of course we are all mixed. You know all these plantations were running like Fox News. Raping all the time. So if you can trace your family back several generations at some point an ancestor of yours was raped directly or married someone who was or was a product of such behavior. So it is a moot point. Don't confuse Culture with Color.
so if asians recognize race as well,they they are practicing white supremacy...??
so black ppl in the western hemisphere dont exist,we are all mixed
when the census comes do you and your family put mixed or black,if a business or the cops discriminate against you
do you say oh its because im mixed....

i dont understand you guys.
one day youre black next day your mixed...
this is no different than what sage steele is doing...conveniently black and conveniently mixed.

althugh my overall coment was bi racial...

IMDATDUDE

Rising Star
Registered
Biracial people are not the same as a Black person that has 2 Black parents. That doesn't mean a biracial person cant ID with their Black side, it just means they have different experiences than a full blooded Black person.
Just curious do you feel the same way of a black person having only 1 ADOS parent vs 2? Or can we not compare the two? I'm thinking of Biracial kids that grow up only with the black side of their family would only know the black experience.

I was going to use that 1 ADOS parent vs 2 b/c my dad from Africa but I was raised by grandma on my mom side so I know very little about my father's side. Only thing I feel I lack is what a two parent black household looks like but the black american experience is the only way I know

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Just curious do you feel the same way of a black person having only 1 ADOS parent vs 2? Or can we not compare the two? I'm thinking of Biracial kids that grow up only with the black side of their family would only know the black experience.

I was going to use that 1 ADOS parent vs 2 b/c my dad from Africa but I was raised by grandma on my mom side so I know very little about my father's side. Only thing I feel I lack is what a two parent black household looks like but the black american experience is the only way I know

Yes. If you only have 1 ADOS parent and belong to more than 1 ethnic group that is a different experience than someone with 2 even if you were only raised by your ADOS side.

I have a cousin in NYC, he is half ADOS, half Trini. He didnt grow up with his Trini family like that and has been around his mom's Black side his whole life. But he is waaaaaay more familiar with Caribbean culture than me and he can even speak Spanish. Thats a different experience than someone like me who grew up in a house with 2 FBA parents rooted in the US South.

And there are half ADOS who don't even claim it and have 0 connection with their Black side. Several rappers and celebrities do this publicly. We see half ADOS on Twitter who only rep their non-ADOS side flag and dont promote their ADOS heritage, people with 2 ADOS parents don't have that option.

At the end of the day, whether you half, full, or non ADOS, one can advocate for reparations and our justice claim. Some of our biggest voices in the movement are half-ADOS.

IMDATDUDE

Rising Star
Registered
Yes. If you only have 1 ADOS parent and belong to more than 1 ethnic group that is a different experience than someone with 2 even if you were only raised by your ADOS side.

I have a cousin in NYC, he is half ADOS, half Trini. He didnt grow up with his Trini family like that and has been around his mom's Black side his whole life. But he is waaaaaay more familiar with Caribbean culture than me and he can even speak Spanish. Thats a different experience than someone like me who grew up in a house with 2 FBA parents rooted in the US South.

And there are half ADOS who don't even claim it and have 0 connection with their Black side. Several rappers and celebrities do this publicly. We see half ADOS on Twitter who only rep their non-ADOS side flag and dont promote their ADOS heritage, people with 2 ADOS parents don't have that option.

At the end of the day, whether you half, full, or non ADOS, one can advocate for reparations and our justice claim. Some of our biggest voices in the movement are half-ADOS.
But I have not been around African culture other than visiting my Dad out in Cali(the food he ate sometimes?) and can't speak the language at all, I wouldn't be shocked if a full ADOS could school me on African Culture.

I just can't think of any way my experience would be different than a full, roots are traced back to Marksville, Louisiana upbringing the same any other southern black American. Now 2 FBA parents yeah I can't relate, I guess I can't relate to many since I didn't grow up with mom or dad, but there are many full FBA that grew up in the same situation I did

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
I see no problem, she can come race me. I can guarantee her a win and a happy ending for us both. :D

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

Gotta disagree with you here, at least as it relates to your cousin. His experience is different from yours as a result of where he grew up, not his background. He’s more familiar with Caribbean culture and speaks Spanish because he grew up in NYC, which is more culturally diverse than North Carolina. Someone of a full ADOS background would probably have a similar experience as your cousin in NYC, although it may vary by borough.

But I have not been around African culture other than visiting my Dad out in Cali(the food he ate sometimes?) and can't speak the language at all, I wouldn't be shocked if a full ADOS could school me on African Culture.

I just can't think of any way my experience would be different than a full, roots are traced back to Marksville, Louisiana upbringing the same any other southern black American. Now 2 FBA parents yeah I can't relate, I guess I can't relate to many since I didn't grow up with mom or dad, but there are many full FBA that grew up in the same situation I did

Unless you inherited money or property from your African father (btw what country/ethnic group?), then I’d say your experience is full ADOS.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Gotta disagree with you here, at least as it relates to your cousin. His experience is different from yours as a result of where he grew up, not his background. He’s more familiar with Caribbean culture and speaks Spanish because he grew up in NYC, which is more culturally diverse than North Carolina. Someone of a full ADOS background would probably have a similar experience as your cousin in NYC, although it may vary by borough.

Unless you inherited money or property from your African father (btw what country/ethnic group?), then I’d say your experience is full ADOS.

Being from NY is part of it. But he's also been to Trinidad and can enjoy citizenship as his dad lives there now. A full ADOS doesnt get those perks fam. And most ADOS in NYC agree with me, if you dont got 2 ADOS parents, theres a difference then someone with just 1.

Its just like Goodfellas. Paulie was half Italian, so he could never be made even though he was Italian. If you are half ADOS, you are part ADOS and are due, but thats different than someone fully rooted in the culture on both sides. Part of the movements goal is to reinforce our family structures and you cant do that passing off a "1 ADOS parent is the same as 2" ideology. People only do this with ADOS. You dont see half white people proclaiming to be just as white as someone with 2 white parents. Or someone half Jamaican/half irish saying theyre just as or more Jamaican than someone with 2 Jamaican parents.

And the poster you quoted his experience is as a half ADOS disconnected with his non ADOS family. To have a "full ADOS" experience, his mom and dad would both need to be ADOS.

IMDATDUDE

Rising Star
Registered
Nigeria

Being from NY is part of it. But he's also been to Trinidad and can enjoy citizenship as his dad lives there now. A full ADOS doesnt get those perks fam. And most ADOS in NYC agree with me, if you dont got 2 ADOS parents, theres a difference then someone with just 1.

Its just like Goodfellas. Paulie was half Italian, so he could never be made even though he was Italian. If you are half ADOS, you are part ADOS and are due, but thats different than someone fully rooted in the culture on both sides. Part of the movements goal is to reinforce our family structures and you cant do that passing off a "1 ADOS parent is the same as 2" ideology. People only do this with ADOS. You dont see half white people proclaiming to be just as white as someone with 2 white parents. Or someone half Jamaican/half irish saying theyre just as or more Jamaican than someone with 2 Jamaican parents.

And the poster you quoted his experience is as a half ADOS disconnected with his non ADOS family. To have a "full ADOS" experience, his mom and dad would both need to be ADOS.
I'm just gonna have to just disagree with you getting back to the point of the thread on Mixed people. Yeah I see biracial people as that, I just don't think you can deny that other side of you, but I think biracial people can have the full experience of one of their sides based on the the situation they are in. Physically they can not claim it but some are just as light or dark in appearance as full white/black person so they will be treated as such adding to the experience.

So I think my experience in America is full ADOS but I can't be full ADOS with my Nigerian father.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Biracial people are not the same as a Black person that has 2 Black parents. That doesn't mean a biracial person cant ID with their Black side, it just means they have different experiences than a full blooded Black person.

Biracial people can also promote WS and anti black sentiment while having deep seeded hatred for their Black side if they see it as a barrier to accessing whiteness (ex: Sage Steele).

Biracial people curiously never challenge being seen as "authentically white". They seem to see the one drop rule as divine and respect WS ideology that says if you have any melanin you cant be white. But will demand being seen as " authentically black" when the reality is Black people can determine who they consider one of their own and put a gate up just like cacs and every other group does.
Well said!!!

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

How would a biracial person know what a Black person goes thru? Biracial people can be just as racist as their white parent and have the same sense of superiority for being closer to whitenesss. Being biracial doesnt entitle you to lord over Blacks and dictate who they accept or see as their own. Go lord over whites and demand they see you as "authentically white", the gate is up over here.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How would a biracial person know what a Black person goes thru? Biracial people can be just as racist as their white parent and have the same sense of superiority for being closer to whitenesss. Being biracial doesnt entitle you to lord over Blacks and dictate who they accept or see as their own. Go lord over whites and demand they see you as "authentically white", the gate is up over here.

Again... Well said... :lol: I've known mixed people that claimed black, I've known mixed people to say they're biracial. Known a few that like to helicopter in and out of claiming black vs mixed... Never once have I heard or seen them claim white though. Wonder why???

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Again... Well said... :lol: I've known mixed people that claimed black, I've known mixed people to say they're biracial. Known a few that like to helicopter in and out of claiming black vs mixed... Never once have I heard or seen them claim white though. Wonder why???

Because they respect the boundaries of WS and understand their role as a "buffer". Blacks are bottom casted, so its easier to talk down and try to bully us than it is white society. I have biracial cousins, have dated biracial women, etc. Some view themselves as black only, some fence hop like you said, others are the "token" that only hangs with whites. Black people are always black no matter what. That in itself leads us to different experiences. The notion that Blacks have to see biracial as a default to blackness is racist in itself.