Sage Steele crying to white daddy about not being included in ESPN special on race because she’s not considered “authentically black”

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because they respect the boundaries of WS and understand their role as a "buffer". Blacks are bottom casted, so its easier to talk down and try to bully us than it is white society. I have biracial cousins, have dated biracial women, etc. Some view themselves as black only, some fence hop like you said, others are the "token" that only hangs with whites. Black people are always black no matter what. That in itself leads us to different experiences. The notion that Blacks have to see biracial as a default to blackness is racist in itself.

Exactly...I think they should be able to identify...

Whatever they want to identify with...

But stop all that I'm so persecuted because I'm mixed..

Please you got orgs that were set up to exclude darker skin brethren

Till this day we have no orgs that exclude our lighter skin brethren...

Till This DAY!!!!

Shout out to the Great Deontay...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ugly Dispute Involving Multiple ESPN Anchors Goes Public: TRAINA THOUGHTS
JIMMY TRAINAJUL 22, 2020
1. ESPN president Jimmy Pitaro has taken every opportunity he's had over the last few years to say "stick to sports," even though that was never a realistic option.
Pitaro always made sure to throw in the obligatory, "ESPN will cover politics if it ever intersects with sports," line, even though politics are always part of sports.
Obviously, things have gone to another level in this country over the past couple of months as far as politics and social issues are concerned.
ESPN could no longer ignore things and publicly scold employees for voicing their opinion on matters much more important than sports. Keep in mind, this is the same company that made sure to give Dan Le Batard a talking to because he, the son of immigrants, spoke on his radio show about Trump supporters chanting "send her back" at a 2019 rally.
Well, that Le Batard dust-up seems like a walk in the park compared with the latest controversy surrounding ESPN.
According to The Wall Street Journal, SportsCenter anchor Sage Steele claims she was kept off a recent network special on race by colleagues Elle Duncan and Michael Eaves.
The WSJ says Steele went to management to voice her displeasure with being kept off The Undefeated Presents Time for Change: We Won’t Be Defeated, which aired June 24. ESPN management denied Steele's claim that she wasn't used on the special because of Duncan and Eaves.
Here's what Steele told the WSJ: “I found it sad for all of us that any human being should be allowed to define someone’s ‘Blackness.’ Growing up biracial in America with a Black father and a white mother, I have felt the inequities that many, if not all Black and biracial people have felt—being called a monkey, the ‘n’ word, having ape sounds made as I walked by—words and actions that all of us know sting forever. Most importantly, trying to define who is and isn’t Black enough goes against everything we are fighting for in this country, and only creates more of a divide.”

Here's what Duncan and Eaves told the WSJ in a joint statement: “We wish we had more than an hour to include more of the many strong voices we have at ESPN; however, we are hopeful that this doesn’t distract from the important message conveyed that night.”
Some takeaways:
1) ESPN fired Adnan Virk because he leaked some meaningless information to Awful Announcing. This leak seems way more egregious, and ESPN must be livid.
2) Obviously, Steele confirmed the WSJ report with her quote. It will be fascinating to see how ESPN handles this. The network denied Steele's claim, but then Steele went public with an on-the-record quote that contradicts her bosses. If Steele's claims were true, the network wouldn't want to discipline her. They'd just want the matter to go away quietly. But with Steele publicly contradicting management, it doesn't seem the issue with go away quietly.
3) This is now a he said/she said situation. Steele says Duncan and Eaves kept her off the show. ESPN says they did not. He said/she said battles usually don't end well.
4) No matter how hard ESPN tries, it will never ever be able to just "stick to sports."

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
The WSJ says Steele went to management to voice her displeasure with being kept off The Undefeated Presents Time for Change: We Won’t Be Defeated, which aired June 24. ESPN management denied Steele's claim that she wasn't used on the special because of Duncan and Eaves.
Here's what Steele told the WSJ: “I found it sad for all of us that any human being should be allowed to define someone’s ‘Blackness.’ Growing up biracial in America with a Black father and a white mother, I have felt the inequities that many, if not all Black and biracial people have felt—being called a monkey, the ‘n’ word, having ape sounds made as I walked by—words and actions that all of us know sting forever. Most importantly, trying to define who is and isn’t Black enough goes against everything we are fighting for in this country, and only creates more of a divide.”

Shit just got real, things are getting intense now
I hear you talkin' 'bout we a lot, oh, you speak French now?​

DiamondKutta

Supernova
BGOL Investor
I mean.......

sage-steele-with-her-husband-and-children-1564897043.jpg
You can see those strong black genes. FUCK THIS BITCH.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

ESPN replaces Sage Steele with the woman she tried to get fired

Carron J. Phillips
Today 5:19PM

Sage Steele has been moved from her 6 p.m. SportsCenter gig.Image: Getty Images
Karma always finds a way to win.
Sage Steele will no longer be anchoring the almighty daily 6 p.m. edition of SportsCenter. According to ESPN: “Steele will move to the noon ET edition of SportsCenter as co-anchor after the College Football Playoff and will add a new periodic ESPN+ interview program to her slate.”

Steele is being replaced by Elle Duncan — the Black woman she recently tried to get fired, or at least demoted. Duncan will take over in February and co-host the show with Kevin Negandhi Monday through Friday. Despite how the press release reads, this is a demotion for Steele.

ack in July, Steele told the Wall Street Journal that two of her fellow Black colleagues, Duncan and Michael Eaves, allegedly worked to keep her from taking part in a special that took place in June, called Time For Change: We Won’t Be Defeated. The show was hosted by SportsCenter anchors Duncan, Eaves, and Jay Harris, along with Maria Taylor, as they led a conversation that “explored Black athletes’ experiences with injustice.”

When a journalist goes to another publication with allegations about their coworkers, it’s not to get them promoted. It’s to tarnish their reputation, damage their credibility, or get them fired.

Sage Steele is ESPN's Candace Owens, and It's Time For Her To Go
Timing is everything.
Read more
According to WSJ, Steele believed that Duncan and Eaves told management that she “wouldn’t be accepted by what they considered the Black community,” while leaving out the fact that arguably the two biggest Black voices at ESPN, Stephen A. Smith and Bomani Jones, didn’t participate in the program, either.

“I found it sad for all of us that any human beings should be allowed to define someone’s ‘Blackness,’” Steele told the Journal. “Growing up biracial in America with a Black father and a white mother, I have felt the inequities that many, if not all Black and biracial people have felt — being called a monkey, the ‘n’ word, having ape sounds made as I walked by — words and actions that all of us know sting forever. Most importantly, trying to define who is and isn’t Black enough goes against everything we are fighting for in this country, and only creates more of a divide.”

Black people are not a monolithic group. We are very diverse. It’s one of the reasons why we look out for each other, especially in this business of sports journalism.

But you will be hard-pressed to find a Black person in the industry with glowing things to say about Steele. Her allies of color are few, and it’s not hard to understand why when you consider what she did to Eaves and Duncan.

“The disappointing part for me seeing a story like this, is that as far as I know, that whenever Sage has been caught up in various controversies I don’t recall any of her Black colleagues going out of their way to amplify those controversies,” Jemele Hill told Deadspin back in July.

“To pin it on Elle and Mike as if they made a decision like this in a vacuum, it just seems to be taking an unfair shot at your colleagues for no reason,” Hill said.

When that controversy took place during the summer, it was a Black ESPN employee who initially informed me about it. And shortly after, it was another Black employee that called me from their car and was so infuriated by Steele’s accusations that they “almost got into an accident.” A senior producer in the ABC/ESPN family previously confirmed to Deadspin that they had to “convince panelists to do a Black History Month speaker series that Steele was a part of,” which featured other prominent Black female voices like Maria Taylor, Pam Oliver, and Lisa Salters.

But, as good as Steele is at her job, her greatest talent is her tone-deafness. This is what the Indiana alum tweeted earlier this month.

According to CBS Sports, at least 135 football games have been postponed or canceled this season due to COVID-19. And according to the CDC, over 300,000 Americans have died from the virus, while there are over 16 million American reported cases.

Way to read the room, Sage.

The tweet was just another to add to her long list of public remarks that prove that she doesn’t care about anything else besides her own self-interests.

In 2016, she attacked Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ wide receiver Mike Evans for sitting during the national anthem. In 2017, she complained about her flight being delayed due to people protesting Trump’s immigration ban at LAX, and told a crowd in Florida that the “worst racism I see comes from Black people.” Later that year, Steele had expressed how she didn’t want to hear about Charlottesville on SportsCenter, defended NFL owners for not signing Kaepernick, and told the world why ESPN needed to “stick to sports” — only to publicly accuse Eaves and Duncan of blackballing her from a program that didn’t “stick to sports” less than three years later.

This is who Sage Steele has always been. During the summer, I labeled Steele as ESPN’s version of Candace Owens and suggested that FOX News would be a better fit for her.

The person that Owens and Steele’s ideologies both line up with recently lost the presidential election. It wouldn’t be a surprise if all three of them were looking for work in the near future.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
The person that said all this below wonders why she wasnt included on a panel regarding black atheletes? Black ppl dont all think the same but i am sure most of them on the panel dont share her point of view or politics. Besides doesnt she want to stick to sports? Why would she want to be on a panel discussing race and potentially politics?

In 2016, she attacked Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ wide receiver Mike Evans for sitting during the national anthem. In 2017, she complained about her flight being delayed due to people protesting Trump’s immigration ban at LAX, and told a crowd in Florida that the “worst racism I see comes from Black people.” Later that year, Steele had expressed how she didn’t want to hear about Charlottesville on SportsCenter, defended NFL owners for not signing Kaepernick, and told the world why ESPN needed to “stick to sports” — only to publicly accuse Eaves and Duncan of blackballing her from a program that didn’t “stick to sports” less than three years later.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

ESPN replaces Sage Steele with the woman she tried to get fired

Carron J. Phillips
Today 5:19PM

Sage Steele has been moved from her 6 p.m. SportsCenter gig.Image: Getty Images
Karma always finds a way to win.
Sage Steele will no longer be anchoring the almighty daily 6 p.m. edition of SportsCenter. According to ESPN: “Steele will move to the noon ET edition of SportsCenter as co-anchor after the College Football Playoff and will add a new periodic ESPN+ interview program to her slate.”

Steele is being replaced by Elle Duncan — the Black woman she recently tried to get fired, or at least demoted. Duncan will take over in February and co-host the show with Kevin Negandhi Monday through Friday. Despite how the press release reads, this is a demotion for Steele.

ack in July, Steele told the Wall Street Journal that two of her fellow Black colleagues, Duncan and Michael Eaves, allegedly worked to keep her from taking part in a special that took place in June, called Time For Change: We Won’t Be Defeated. The show was hosted by SportsCenter anchors Duncan, Eaves, and Jay Harris, along with Maria Taylor, as they led a conversation that “explored Black athletes’ experiences with injustice.”

When a journalist goes to another publication with allegations about their coworkers, it’s not to get them promoted. It’s to tarnish their reputation, damage their credibility, or get them fired.

Sage Steele is ESPN's Candace Owens, and It's Time For Her To Go
Timing is everything.
Read more
According to WSJ, Steele believed that Duncan and Eaves told management that she “wouldn’t be accepted by what they considered the Black community,” while leaving out the fact that arguably the two biggest Black voices at ESPN, Stephen A. Smith and Bomani Jones, didn’t participate in the program, either.

“I found it sad for all of us that any human beings should be allowed to define someone’s ‘Blackness,’” Steele told the Journal. “Growing up biracial in America with a Black father and a white mother, I have felt the inequities that many, if not all Black and biracial people have felt — being called a monkey, the ‘n’ word, having ape sounds made as I walked by — words and actions that all of us know sting forever. Most importantly, trying to define who is and isn’t Black enough goes against everything we are fighting for in this country, and only creates more of a divide.”

Black people are not a monolithic group. We are very diverse. It’s one of the reasons why we look out for each other, especially in this business of sports journalism.

But you will be hard-pressed to find a Black person in the industry with glowing things to say about Steele. Her allies of color are few, and it’s not hard to understand why when you consider what she did to Eaves and Duncan.

“The disappointing part for me seeing a story like this, is that as far as I know, that whenever Sage has been caught up in various controversies I don’t recall any of her Black colleagues going out of their way to amplify those controversies,” Jemele Hill told Deadspin back in July.

“To pin it on Elle and Mike as if they made a decision like this in a vacuum, it just seems to be taking an unfair shot at your colleagues for no reason,” Hill said.

When that controversy took place during the summer, it was a Black ESPN employee who initially informed me about it. And shortly after, it was another Black employee that called me from their car and was so infuriated by Steele’s accusations that they “almost got into an accident.” A senior producer in the ABC/ESPN family previously confirmed to Deadspin that they had to “convince panelists to do a Black History Month speaker series that Steele was a part of,” which featured other prominent Black female voices like Maria Taylor, Pam Oliver, and Lisa Salters.

But, as good as Steele is at her job, her greatest talent is her tone-deafness. This is what the Indiana alum tweeted earlier this month.

According to CBS Sports, at least 135 football games have been postponed or canceled this season due to COVID-19. And according to the CDC, over 300,000 Americans have died from the virus, while there are over 16 million American reported cases.

Way to read the room, Sage.

The tweet was just another to add to her long list of public remarks that prove that she doesn’t care about anything else besides her own self-interests.

This is who Sage Steele has always been. During the summer, I labeled Steele as ESPN’s version of Candace Owens and suggested that FOX News would be a better fit for her.

The person that Owens and Steele’s ideologies both line up with recently lost the presidential election. It wouldn’t be a surprise if all three of them were looking for work in the near future.

GOOD!!!!! I wish they would just fire Sage's annoying ass. I always change the channel when that POS is anchoring Sportscenter. She is so unlikable and unwatchable.