Speedtest Time....Show us what ya got!!!

456.North.side

Rising Star
Registered
5363701053.png

I swear im going to get a device on that google fiber network for testing, I swear I am lol

(0_0)..l.. finger

A GOD
Certified Pussy Poster
The ping is the reaction time of your connection–how fast you get a response after you've sent out a request. A fast ping means a more responsive connection, especially in applications where timing is everything (like video games). Ping is measured in milliseconds

(0_0)..l.. finger

A GOD
Certified Pussy Poster
What does download and upload mean?

When you connect to the internet, the download speed is the pace at which data (websites, programmes, music etc) is transferred from another computer to your own. Currently, when it comes to home broadband, advertised download speeds range from 8 Mbps to 100 Mbps, but this is rising at a pretty quick rate and you can expect a broadband download speed of between 120 Mbps and 200 Mbps to become commonplace across the UK over the next few years.

Upload speed on the other hand is the speed at which data (such as your new holiday pictures and videos) is uploaded to the internet – perhaps to put onto a social networking site such as Facebook, or onto a file-sharing site such as Flickr; or even to upload photos to a photo print ordering company’s website. Essentially, the upload is going in the opposite direction to the download – from your computer to someone else’s.

Broadband upload speeds are generally much slower than download speeds. The reason for this is that people generally do far more downloading than uploading, and as such downloading is given priority by internet service providers (ISPs).

ISPs regulate how their networks deal with the various traffic flows competing to be sent across the ether. Upload speeds become more important to someone who needs to transfer large files from their own computer to another computer in a different geographic area. For example, someone who works from home and wants to exchange files with a remote network, or people who play a lot of online games.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
wow...mine is sh*t

just called home and made them try it out...

Ping: 12 ms
D/L: 56.97
Upload": 23.33

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Time Warner (Spectrum) did a speed upgrade for it costumers. I am suppose to be seeing 300 Mbps, but I got two active servers running, my wife is working (from home) and my router is out-dated, but these speeds are good for me for now.

Any router suggestions? Mine is an old Linksys E2000 from 2010. What router do yall suggest for 300 Mbps bandwidth speed?

5679376735.png

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
WTF! A speed test on the Windows 1o Enterprise system yields....
5745222169.png

Meanwhile a speed test on the Windows 7 or 8 system yields....
5745589285.png

Both test run via Ethernet connection. Anybody else have this problem?

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
5745622533.png

My shit is fast enough for how I use my internet--e.g., stream Netflix and Hulu. I pay about $100 a month for internet and cable. I could probably get a faster speed but I don't want to spend more money.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Time Warner (Spectrum) did a speed upgrade for it costumers. I am suppose to be seeing 300 Mbps, but I got two active servers running, my wife is working (from home) and my router is out-dated, but these speeds are good for me for now.

Any router suggestions? Mine is an old Linksys E2000 from 2010. What router do yall suggest for 300 Mbps bandwidth speed?

5679376735.png
Get a Netgear Nighthawk R700 or better. I have one now that I was using with my TWC before switching to Gigapower. It's a great AC1900 dual-band router. The neighbor's were like wow with how far my WiFi signal reached and at full strength. Only reason I'm not using it now is because I saw my speed cut in half while trying to use it with the modem/router AT&T gave me. There's something configuration wise on the AT&T device that is handicapping my router. I might end up having to sell it now :(

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Get a Netgear Nighthawk R700 or better. I have one now that I was using with my TWC before switching to Gigapower. It's a great AC1900 dual-band router. The neighbor's were like wow with how far my WiFi signal reached and at full strength. Only reason I'm not using it now is because I saw my speed cut in half while trying to use it with the modem/router AT&T gave me. There's something configuration wise on the AT&T device that is handicapping my router. I might end up having to sell it now :(

Thanks for the info.

Is AT&T still capping?

I use over 1.5 TB a month in bandwidth.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I heard they stopped capping and monitoring traffic but I haven't run anywhere near to that much data yet and also have a VPN so anything is possible

It's mainly my weather server, but the unlimited was the main reason I stuck with time warner cable.

I've been around and downloaded so much stuff for so long, that I honestly probably wouldnt even notice the difference between gigapower and 300Mb. I guess that's the patience from over the years.

I'll look into AT&T again.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
It's mainly my weather server, but the unlimited was the main reason I stuck with time warner cable.

I've been around and downloaded so much stuff for so long, that I honestly probably wouldnt even notice the difference between gigapower and 300Mb. I guess that's the patience from over the years.

I'll look into AT&T again.
I'm hearing from multiple people in my area who also made to jump to Gigapower that there are no data caps

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
i lowered mine once i got rid of cable. i stream from my amazon fire and box, surf the net on my chromebook and that's it.
5766830187.png

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
i lowered mine once i got rid of cable. i stream from my amazon fire and box, surf the net on my chromebook and that's it.
5766830187.png
Brighthouse is the only option available in Central Florida right? I heard nothing but bad things bout their service

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Brighthouse is the only option available in Central Florida right? I heard nothing but bad things bout their service
some places get fios. Brighthouse merged with Charter and is now called Spectrum. I'm paying $50 a month, it works fine for what i need it for. i was downloading some comics yesterday, a 800mb file took about 2 minutes to finish.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
some places get fios. Brighthouse merged with Charter and is now called Spectrum. I'm paying $50 a month, it works fine for what i need it for. i was downloading some comics yesterday, a 800mb file took about 2 minutes to finish.
What site do you download your comics from? I used to get mine from comix4free.com but looks like they got shut down