Taraji P. Henson breaks out crying mid interview when discussing her financial situation

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

So Oprah made Taraji Bend the knee.
Monique told yall when she was beefin with oprah that there were more actors
behind the scenes talking shit about oprah
she even fell out with one of her good friends kimberly
and to be fair i never thought she was speaking about oprah
i mean this not a blockbuster movie

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Monique told yall when she was beefin with oprah that there were more actors
behind the scenes talking shit about oprah
she even fell out with one of her good friends kimberly
and to be fair i never thought she was speaking about oprah
i mean this not a blockbuster movie

Not blockbuster but they most definitely expecting awards.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
It’s not a hustle. It’s propaganda. What’s sad is young black children see videos of certain influencers making millions and they aspire towards that. And they’ll never see the money and they’ll continue drinking the sand in hopes it turns to water. Mission accomplished.

Actors and influencers make their dollars off of eyeballs so they have to be conspicuous. When those dollars turn to millions everybody knows because they were already watching. That's not propaganda, it's the nature of the business.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
It ALL comes down to money management. You can't make a few million in a couple years and live like people who make millions EVERY year... there's a BIG difference!

Some of these stupid ball players and rappers goes out and buy Bentleys and helicopters but they act like they're going to make that money for the rest of their life but it's usually a very short period of time and then they wonder why they're broke, like MC Hammer quickly found himself.

Managing your money wisely is the key to wealth and being wealthy. Stop trying to look like you're rich, when you're really not.

At least athletes get a steady paycheck. Rappers and actors get large chunks of infrequent money.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
At least athletes get a steady paycheck. Rappers and actors get large chunks of infrequent money.

That's only for team sport athletes in the bigger leagues, not the case for athletes in individual sports barring a few anamolies. Also large infrequent payments aren't a bad thing at all, more so of how the individual manages and their team manage them

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
That's only for team sport athletes in the bigger leagues, not the case for athletes in individual sports barring a few anamolies. Also large infrequent payments aren't a bad thing at all, more so of how the individual manages and their team manage them

True, but it still comes without its own problems.

If you work a square job that pays you the same amount every two weeks it's easy to figure out what you can afford for a mortgage, car payments, etc.

But when you make $10,000 in one day and nothing else for the next 3 months it becomes a lot more difficult.

It's more than just living below your means. You might be slamming trailer park doors with a million dollars in the bank.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If she wants to get her pay up then she needs to start saying slick s*** about me. Be indispensable for white supremacist and be their ally.

Look at the ones that have made it this is their road map to how they got ahead.

Unfortunately, Hollywood is going on a crazy binge putting all my s*** in their movies. After having brief interactions with them I wouldn't want any dealings with them no matter how much money they try to offer me. I just want them to stop using my s*** and to stay away from me.

Last edited:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
True, but it still comes without its own problems.

If you work a square job that pays you the same amount every two weeks it's easy to figure out what you can afford for a mortgage, car payments, etc.

But when you make $10,000 in one day and nothing else for the next 3 months it becomes a lot more difficult.

It's more than just living below your means. You might be slamming trailer park doors with a million dollars in the bank.

That still goes back to managing/planning finances, especially with the ones that are actually really making the high amounts per project.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Again Taraji should of married someone who had a name. She squandered her looks being independent. She approaching that wall.
4w0e1bhkfmmme0bm.jpg

yep she was with common years back-if she had married him she wouldn't be having financial problems now

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
Registered
The irony a movie supposedly about empowering Black women is actually disempowering Black women by not paying a decent salary to a Black woman by a Black woman. To quote Kevin Samuels you can't make this shit up!!!!

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It’s not money management.

It’s negotiating that contract which all these actors work under. They ain’t hourly/salaried workers.

Like I stated earlier a lot of actors are broke. It’s all due to that contract negotiation.

Eddie Murphy left SNL and went Hollywood. His people negotiated that multi picture deal with Paramount which set him up for life with the money he made. A number of actors followed his lead back then.

Ted Danson renegotiated his contract with NBC for Cheers getting a million dollars per episode, actors after him followed.

Tom Hanks got that script for “Forrest Gump” and did the math realizing that script was a Lottery ticket and negotiated that contract getting a percentage of the gross and made out like a Fat Cat.

William Shatner got that gig for Priceline.com doing those corny commercials, instead of getting a check, his peoples negotiated that contract where he got a percentage of gross on what Priceline.com made and he made a killing.

Margo Robbie recently did it with “Barbie”.

A lot of actors have not figured the game out and get screwed.

You taking a gamble doing that, but like I stated earlier in the thread, you gotta hustle.

These Hollyweird studios ain’t no different than working at Walmart or McDonald’s.

Their business plan is “If We Can Figure Out A Way Not To Pay You…We Gonna Exploit That Opportunity 100%”.
what Blackbull said is teh best response...

the issue isnt what are they doing with their money the issue is why is their proven performance valued less??

very FEW people engaged in this topic are actually answering that question.

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let's be clear. Women like Taraji, especially at the height of their career, have a laundry list of options. I remember the football player, etc. The fact is she was attractive (still is but older attractive) and could have shown up at any medical convention and hooked up with a surgeon. Now we're not talking millionaires but the fact is brothas who make $300K-$500K could have provided her with a nice, normal, zip code for her and given her the option to have more children and not worry about bills. She went the other route. If she wanted a brain surgeon she could have had one a long time ago.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
what Blackbull said is teh best response...

the issue isnt what are they doing with their money the issue is why is their proven performance valued less??

very FEW people engaged in this topic are actually answering that question.

I mean of course these studio heads are going to negotiate that way, thing is no matter what agent you have it also comes down to how much leverage u have in negotiations. As much as Margot Robbie's total take will be from Barbie, there's a reason why its more likely to be around $50mil for a $1.44 bil Box Office Gross where as Tom Cruise's total take is more so over $160mil from Top Gun on a box office gross of just under $1.5bil. Margot doesn't have the same leverage as a Tom Cruise to get 10% 1st dollar gross on the back end, doesn't matter what agent she has she wouldn't have been able to get that kinda back end in the contract

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
After seeing what they did during the strike prolonging it over common sense concessions that they should have made such as AI, I don't see how people would want to deal with them in any capacity such as Disney or the other clowns studios.

To me it's like Jeffrey Dahmer offered me a million dollar deal. No I am going to ban that fool tell him to stop using my s*** in their movies that was probably organize retail theft stolen.

Finally you see them raping women trying to get a deal like Harvey Weinstein or Tyler Perry allegedly. Plus there is some type of strong connection to the government that seems to be able to control their content.

Many of them steal movie scripts that are presented to them that can take years to produce. If you whistle blow with a company you can get blacklisted, they need to start setting that up with them. Some fool got his script stolen from Tyler Perry and they'll be 10 other people lined up to be victims because they desperate.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I mean of course these studio heads are going to negotiate that way, thing is no matter what agent you have it also comes down to how much leverage u have in negotiations. As much as Margot Robbie's total take will be from Barbie, there's a reason why its more likely to be around $50mil for a $1.44 bil Box Office Gross where as Tom Cruise's total take is more so over $160mil from Top Gun on a box office gross of just under $1.5bil. Margot doesn't have the same leverage as a Tom Cruise to get 10% 1st dollar gross on the back end, doesn't matter what agent she has she wouldn't have been able to get that kinda back end in the contract
Bu your talking about Margo Robbie when Denzel isnt getting that kind of deal either and hes ten times the actor Cruise is...But youre right that leverage is the key..

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Bu your talking about Margo Robbie when Denzel isnt getting that kind of deal either and hes ten times the actor Cruise is...But youre right that leverage is the key..

Denzel is a way better actor than Tom Cruise but Tom Cruise is the way bigger movie star. I'm not even a fan of Cruise's movies usually as i've seen only a few of them but even at 60 yrs old he's the most bankable movie star in the world and the gap is pretty big. He's really been putting up the numbers in the box office going on 4 decades now which is unprecedented. That's why nobody is getting a better deal than Cruise, only person thats gotten more than that was when Mel Gibson for Passion of the Christ only cause he self financed it which ppl never do. Tyler Perry is wealthier than Cruise and them all not cause he's a better actor but cause he run his own studio

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Denzel is a way better actor than Tom Cruise but Tom Cruise is the way bigger movie star. I'm not even a fan of Cruise's movies usually as i've seen only a few of them but even at 60 yrs old he's the most bankable movie star in the world and the gap is pretty big. He's really been putting up the numbers in the box office going on 4 decades now which is unprecedented. That's why nobody is getting a better deal than Cruise, only person thats gotten more than that was when Mel Gibson for Passion of the Christ only cause he self financed it which ppl never do. Tyler Perry is wealthier than Cruise and them all not cause he's a better actor but cause he run his own studio
so what about will?