The Official KODI/Cord Cutters discussion thread "No Spoilers"

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
question, i get that error message ( @ 3:08 ) when im watching movies etc ..... hitting enter on my tv remote kills it, but it happens too frequently for me ..... how the hell do you stop that ?
I don't get that error, what are you using to watch movies? What I posted is for sports only....

Gye78

International
International Member
Haven't used kodi in about 7 yrs and don't plan on using that shit any more.

Kodi has become obsolete and isn't worth the headache.

IPTV has been great and given me everything that I need and more which I never have to worry about a error message or having to reinstall a add-on over and over again.

Kodi deffo isn’t obsolete bro. I use it everyday.

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
Fellas, came across this... I don't know if it has been posted on here already. Was looking for a way to see the fight last night...
Some of these have free trials. I have 2 free trials running. Gonna see how they do for NFL and NBA games....

MackInTraining

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Anybody have a NAS server. I use Radarr to download movies and the view everything with Plex. Then you can also import an IPTV playlist into Plex. Plex is the way to go.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Anybody have a NAS server. I use Radarr to download movies and the view everything with Plex. Then you can also import an IPTV playlist into Plex. Plex is the way to go.
yep i play my movies straight from my nas with kodi..

.that's the only thing i use kodi for is the video player.. it plays any format.

01fixer

Star
Platinum Member
Fellas, came across this... I don't know if it has been posted on here already. Was looking for a way to see the fight last night...
Some of these have free trials. I have 2 free trials running. Gonna see how they do for NFL and NBA games....
A couple more;

I recommend taking advantage of the free trials that are offered before paying for any service. Even though they may all seem the same, there may be some subtle differences, like whether they have all the channel I want and quality of thoses channels, do they have movies, tv shows and how often do they update, is the a EPG, how many connections come with package and how do they resolve buffering, just to name a few. Also, playlists can work differently depending on what player you use. I've learned quite a bit since my first inquiry here over a year ago but I still have not been able to settle on one service, yet. King was one of the best I found using the free trials but I could not negotiate a price I wanted to pay (they want the full price for additional connections). Still, after trying a few more services, I might end up choosing them. IPTV Trends (Xtreme HD IPTV) is very cheap and has a decent service that works best on Tivimate. It takes full advantage of the fire stick remote! Also,Kodi has improved greatly just like fire sticks have gotten better. But Kodi has taken a backseat to IPTV services.

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
A couple more;

I recommend taking advantage of the free trials that are offered before paying for any service. Even though they may all seem the same, there may be some subtle differences, like whether they have all the channel I want and quality of thoses channels, do they have movies, tv shows and how often do they update, is the a EPG, how many connections come with package and how do they resolve buffering, just to name a few. Also, playlists can work differently depending on what player you use. I've learned quite a bit since my first inquiry here over a year ago but I still have not been able to settle on one service, yet. King was one of the best I found using the free trials but I could not negotiate a price I wanted to pay (they want the full price for additional connections). Still, after trying a few more services, I might end up choosing them. IPTV Trends (Xtreme HD IPTV) is very cheap and has a decent service that works best on Tivimate. It takes full advantage of the fire stick remote! Also,Kodi has improved greatly just like fire sticks have gotten better. But Kodi has taken a backseat to IPTV services.
Thanks Cat, you hit all the talking points when folks ask me what I use? Preciate the 2 other websites....

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Download the unlinked app on the firestick open it type firestick as the source. You literally get all the best firestick apps for free. Them kodi builds are extra for no reason

I've tried that, those unlinked apps are shitty and don't work 99% of the time.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Quick question for people with Paid IPTV services.... Do you guys have access to the regional college channels (SEC Network, Longhorn Network, Pac-12 Network) ... I want to be able to watch college softball.