TV Discussion: Star Wars new series Acolyte on Disney +

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Its funny that y'all think this is about Star Wars.
Its not. It just has Star Wars in the title as a marketing ploy.
Its about selling feminism, lesbianism and witchcraft to the masses.
They all tend to go hand-in-hand and its likely the showrunner is in a coven herself.
The primary goal of feminism is to invade male spaces, which they have done.
Then deconstruct any and everything that is positive and masculine because to a feminist lesbian witch, nothing that is masculine can be positive.

Y'all don't hear me, tho. "Its just a show."
No, its a platform.
They probably popped champagne and did chants to their goddesses after this episode aired. They have successfully corrupted what they viewed as a "male safe space", and to them, that is a good thing. They hate men, therefore anything that men derive pleasure from is bad and needs to be destroyed.
Up next: Marvel.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, they mama was fine as a muffucka!
joshua-jackson-jodie-turner-smith-tout-45e0bc95f2af4c31bdc35508d82a7c13.jpg

Yeah I don't think she checking for anything darker than mayonnaise.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They all tend to go hand-in-hand and its likely the showrunner is in a coven herself.
Then deconstruct any and everything that is positive and masculine because to a feminist lesbian witch, nothing that is masculine can be positive.

No, its a platform.
They probably popped champagne and did chants to their goddesses after this episode aired. They have successfully corrupted what they viewed as a "male safe space", and to them, that is a good thing. They hate men, therefore anything that men derive pleasure from is bad and needs to be destroyed.
Based on what you wrote I'm surprised they didn't name a lead character Lilith. Also if these twins have no father then Anakin Skywalker is not special.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Haven't watched it yet, but I heard these are scenes from the new Star Wars Acolyte show.....

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Based on what you wrote I'm surprised they didn't name a lead character Lilith. Also if these twins have no father then Anakin Skywalker is not special.
I mean, a "mother goddess" in a place where only women exist, getting women pregnant using magic is about as on the nose as you can get for feminist, lesbian witch propaganda.
These writers have already proven that they are not very smart or even good. They are not there to make a good Star Wars story. They are there to push an agenda, which is why they have writers that don't know anything about the source material.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The Acolyte creator and star explain witches flashback episode​

"There isn't one answer to it," says Leslye Headland of one big twist.
By
Dalton Ross

Published on June 11, 2024 10:00PM EDT

Warning: This article contains spoilers about Star Wars: The Acolyte episode 3.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away got a little longer ago on this week’s episode of The Acolyte as we traveled back 16 years in time to learn what led to the deadly split between twins Osha and Mae (both played by Amandla Stenberg). On the planet Brendok, we saw how the Jedi interrupted a witches coven ascension ceremony for the twins being led by one of their moms, Mother Aniseya (Jodie Turner-Smith).

While Mae intentionally failed the Jedi test to see if she could be taken away and trained by the Order, Osha decided she wanted to leave and become a Jedi. Afraid of losing her sister, Mae then either (intentionally or accidentally) appeared to cause a fire that then burned down the entire coven. Mae later seemed to plummet to her death — although she clearly survived — while Osha was rescued by Jedi Master Sol (Lee Jung-jae), who brought her back to Coruscant to begin both her training and her new life.

Mother Aniseya (Jodie Turner-Smith) on 'The Acolyte'

Mother Aniseya (Jodie Turner-Smith) on 'The Acolyte'.
LUCASFILM
The Acolyte creator explains that shocking premiere opening scene

The episode answered many questions, including why Mae is out to kill the four Jedi that came to Brendok and set off the chain of events that took her sister and took the lives of the rest of the coven. And posing those questions before the answer is why creator Leslye Headland chose to not lead the series with the characters’ backstory. “I did always think if you were going to tell the origin story of these two characters, it would be a lot more interesting to dip in a later episode as opposed to starting with it,” Headland tells Entertainment Weekly.

“It just felt more dynamic and more interesting," she continues. "As the writer's room and I developed the overall arc for season 1, we started to get really influenced by Rashomon, and the themes of the show started to rise to the top of duality, seeing things from different points of view. So it made sense to me that when you did go back in time, there are a lot of different ways to interpret an event that happened.”

LUCASFILM
The Acolyte creator had to fight to keep classic Star Wars line in premiere

As for why that origin story takes place within a female witchcraft community, Headland says she took inspiration from the Nightsisters of Dathormir seen on another Star Wars series. “I was very inspired by the Nightsisters storyline and the Ventress storyline on The Clone Wars when I was a budding writer,” says Headland. “So when I got the chance to make a show set in the Star Wars universe, it felt like, ‘Well, of course I'm going to do my version of witches. I just am going to shoot my shot.’”

But The Acolyte journey into witchdom is not a mere extension of what we have already seen on other Star Wars shows, as Osha and Mae’s background perfectly fits in with the women they have become. “As the characters developed, it made a lot of sense that they would be at the center of a coven,” says Headland. “That the girls would be almost revealed not as children, but as the legacy of what their mother started.”

Mother Aniseya (Jodie Turner-Smith) and Koril (Margarita Levieva) on 'The Acolyte'

Mother Aniseya (Jodie Turner-Smith) and Koril (Margarita Levieva) on 'The Acolyte'.
LUCASFILM
Amandla Stenberg on how The Acolyte has made sci-fi safe for Black nerds

Headland also explains the coven’s mantra: “The power of one, the power of two, the power of many. In our show, the Jedi have the power of many. I think their mother started as one, and the girls are two, and she wants her legacy to be the power of many. So it was thought of as paying homage to The Clone Wars, but it eventually became the story of a mom and her children and the way that our parents have particular expectations for us. And if Star Wars is anything, it's got a lot of parents and children and living up to or rejecting the legacy of those parents.”

And what are we to make of Aniseya’s comment that she “created” the twins? Headland will not say much, but does tease, “If you keep watching the show, we do talk about that and explore that. I would say there isn't one answer to it. Some characters believe certain things, and other characters believe other things in terms of what she means by that. So you're going to have to watch and decide which side of that argument you're on.”

LUCASFILM
The creator spent a lot of time chatting with Turner-Smith about the world of witches — perhaps too much time. “We were in my trailer talking for way too long,” laughs the star. “And then they're like, ‘Okay, we need you to actually do some work, Jodie!'”

Turner-Smith says she appreciated the collaborative process with Headland and that her character and the other witches “represent something we've talked about, which this gray area. If you were to think of the light side and the dark side as this binary that exists, the witches feel that they exist in the gray. Also, we are putting too much emphasis on the light and the dark. I think it's more about power.”

And who will ultimately wield that power when season 1 of The Acolyte ends remains the biggest mystery of all.

New episodes of The Acolyte drop Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Disney+.

Additional reporting by Devan Coggan.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Shit is like the autobiography of Brittany Griner. This is bad, or at least not for dudes over 40
She is a real life lesbian with a white women which seems to be a common theme nowadays. She tries to pass as black with hair style she is biracial.

dolezal.png

I thought it was going to turn out to being Jedi pedophilia with them not allowed pussy. It looks like a story about whites imposing their culture onto other groups believing their shit is superior.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Episode 3 definitely had some cheesy moments
from the chanting to the twins being ultra obnoxious.
Mae wants revenge against the 4 Jedi because her "family" was killed by a fire she started to kill her sister? I guess she rationalized it as a cause and effect factor. The Jedi came to my home ,wanted to train my sister, which angered me so yeah its their fault (?!?)
All of that being said the episode opens some interesting ideas about the Force and Force sensitive beings. How many use it and aren't Jedi or Sith? Did the Witches really die from the explosion or fire? Doesnt explain the Jedi ULTRA guilt Now i want to know if there are any books or any type of story in which a Force sensitive being used the Force for their own personal gain and didnt care to be a Jedi or Sith and rejected both groups.
I hear episode 4 is much better looking forward to it.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
"No matter how major a writer it is, no matter how great the book, there always seems to be someone on hand who thinks he can do better, eager to take the story and ‘improve’ on it,” Martin added. “‘The book is the book, the film is the film,’ they will tell you, as if they were saying something profound. Then they make the story their own. They never make it better, though. Nine hundred ninety-nine times out of a thousand, they make it worse.”

George R. R. Martin

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Acolyte
Season One
Episode 1 - 3

I watched the first 3 episodes of this series this afternoon at home.

It starts off 100 years before the events of Episode One.

Two of the most obvious things that catch your eye is the uniforms of the Jedi which are different from what we are accustomed to in Episode One and forward from there. The uniforms aren’t explained but they look to distinguish between rank/duty status.

The 2nd is the display of technology. Droids are introduced looking large, heavy and clunky unlike what we are used to seeing them looking streamlined and fancy. Other technologies shown give the feel of technology seen in the first two Alien films.

This series shows Jedi using their abilities other than swinging lightsabers, force pushes and jumping around like we have seen in prior productions.

New characters are introduced, so the series overall at this point is focused on character development along with story development.

The series introduces a new perspective of the Force involving the Nightsisters. The Nightsisters are depicted differently from what we have seen in past productions.

Overall, it’s an interesting series so far and plays out differently from everything else that has been seen so far dealing with Star Wars. I have my suspicions on where this series is eventually going from what has been shown, I suspect my theory will be revealed in the season finale.

The episodes run about 40 minutes each. There will be a total of 8 episodes for the season.

Gonna let a couple stack up before catching up.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I will say that I read the star wars cannon story. And that shit was dope. Why they didnt follow that story line is a mystery to me.

But to see racist fanboys crying is a plus I guess haha.

Disney owns all the expanded universe material.

They do not plan on making any of the stories into live action/animation. They do not plan on following whatever is from the EU.

They are only taking the characters from the EU and creating all new storylines for them. Similar to what Disney/Marvel is doing with the MCU.

So all that EU stuff from books/comics that came out before Disney purchased the property…just do a brain dump and watch what they put out for what it is.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I mean, a "mother goddess" in a place where only women exist, getting women pregnant using magic is about as on the nose as you can get for feminist, lesbian witch propaganda.
These writers have already proven that they are not very smart or even good. They are not there to make a good Star Wars story. They are there to push an agenda, which is why they have writers that don't know anything about the source material.

The Nightsisters do not use magic.

They explained in the Acolyte that they use the Force and that they are Force sensitive.

When the two Sisters mentioned the birth of the twins, that was the Easter Egg in relation to Palpatine creating Anakin. Palpatine hinted on it in Episode 3 when he was talking to Anakin about the Darkside being used to create life.

There is no Female/Lesbian agenda to this series.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
There is no Female/Lesbian agenda to this series.
I said feminist, lesbian witch propaganda.

I probably should have put “magic” in quotation marks as I was referring to the force…uh,…the “thread” or whatever B.S. these new writers with little to no knowledge of the SW lore are calling it (as stated by the show runner “Lesbye”, uh...I mean Leslye Headland herself.)

The entire concept of a society of women without the existence of men is explored in terf feminism (TERF is trans-exclusionary radical feminism) and has been explored to no end by many radical feminists.
Dave Filoni's wife, Anne Convery, is a writer herself. She has also hinted to be a self-proclaimed witch. (that link is 8 months old and was pointed out long before The Acolyte episode 3 aired.)
Don't think for one minute they don't talk about work, concepts, ideas, etc. It would be insane to believe that.
Chants are part of ritualistic spells in witchcraft. Were they not chanting in an entranced-like state? If you say no, I can pull the clip. The question is rhetorical.
They are in effect "space witches" in an all-female society (radical feminism) and the two main witches are lesbians. The fact that this is explored in a damn-near 200 million dollar budget show under the banner of an international IP (Disney) with high viewership in the way that it is done makes it propaganda.
The inability to recognize propaganda doesn’t negate the existence of said propaganda.
I said what I said.

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

No, its a platform.

I know bgol ain't fond of the nerdrotic dude

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
:bullshit:

& lies

Sidious was a force user AND a magic practitioner - shown in Clone Wars and Rebels

The same for Mother Talzin -eg when Dooku asked her for a new apprentice

eg - restoring Maul

it’s not magic that it’s being used. It’s the Force.

Like they pointed out, they use the Force but refer to the Force as “The Thread”.

From what they showed in the Acolyte, they are using the Force completely different from the Jedi and how the Sith use it for the Darkside.

Similar to Baby Yoga on how we saw him use the Force to heal people.

People who don’t believe in the Force refer to it as magic, the way Han Solo referred to it when they were on the millennium falcon in episode 4, when Luke was practicing with the lightsaber.

The Nightsisters in the Acolyte are the earlier versions of what we saw in Cline Wars, Rebels and Ahsoka. They obviously got more powerful as time went on.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
it’s not magic that it’s being used. It’s the Force.

Like they pointed out, they use the Force but refer to the Force as “The Thread”.

From what they showed in the Acolyte, they are using the Force completely different from the Jedi and how the Sith use it for the Darkside.

Similar to Baby Yoga on how we saw him use the Force to heal people.

People who don’t believe in the Force refer to it as magic, the way Han Solo referred to it when they were on the millennium falcon in episode 4, when Luke was practicing with the lightsaber.

The Nightsisters in the Acolyte are the earlier versions of what we saw in Cline Wars, Rebels and Ahsoka. They obviously got more powerful as time went on.
:lol:

your post demonstrates this is not something you were ever into -

eg jedi have been using the force to heal themselves and others long before baby yoda...
it was even part of the lore released around ep 4-6

and examples of use of magic in Lucas and Filoni's writing goes back over a thousand years before the "high republic"
as told through multiple books and in Clone Wars and Rebels

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

your post demonstrates this is not something you were ever into -

eg jedi have been using the force to heal themselves and others long before baby yoda...
it was even part of the lore released around ep 4-6

and examples of use of magic in Lucas and Filoni's writing goes back over a thousand years before the "high republic"
as told through multiple books and in Clone Wars and Rebels

Again…

Do a brain dump on the EU books.

Disney is not following the books.

Disney Threw Away Star Wars' Expanded Universe 10 Years Ago, But Still Can't Move Beyond It​

10 years ago, Disney reclassified the Star Wars Expanded Universe as "Legends" to pave the way for their own sequel trilogy. Even minor changes made by Disney, like the color of kyber crystals, create a divide between Canon and the Expanded Universe. Despite Disney largely ignoring the Expanded Universe, they continue to reintroduce elements like Grand Admiral Thrawn and Starkiller's armor, hinting at future adaptations of EU stories.

By Corey Larson
Apr 3, 2024

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
:bullshit:

& lies

Sidious was a force user AND a magic practitioner - shown in Clone Wars and Rebels

The same for Mother Talzin -eg when Dooku asked her for a new apprentice

eg - restoring Maul

Don't even bother, that dude is a straight Disney star wars shill who once went on record as saying that the original trilogy has more plot holes than 7-9 and then was proven to not even know what a plot hole is lmao

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Again…

Do a brain dump on the EU books.

Disney is not following the books.
R. I. F.

every example I gave you is canon in Disney's Star Wars and can be referenced via Wookipedia under canon not legends

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Sidious

the thing is that tv series Clone Wars -& Rebels and the Disney run of comics supervised by Filoni are all canon (for now)
and will keep tripping y'all up because only the fans really watched / read them

If they wanted to make a change - thats ok - just keep it real don't gaslight fans by pretending there wasn't a myth-making framework already in place

this is fantasy - they can write anything - there is no theory of relativity / thermodynamics / rules of physics etc
tell any story they want with any messaging

"all is acceptable as long as it is well done"

and
like I said - every post demonstrates that you were never really into this...

Last edited: