TV Discussion: The Suicide Squad spin-off series Peacemaker ft John Cena Update: Confirmed season 2

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I know I've seen that cheesy costume before.
bulletmanclean.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Odd that it was DC/WB practically allowing James Gunn to cut loose instead of MARVEL/DISNEY.
It's definitely the latter's loss.

Shit is FUCKIN' HILARIOUS!!!
And has one of the BEST Main Title Credits EVER!!!

I don't think I would watch the credits EVERY time.

But the first time I was shocked and laughed my ass off it. I love and appreciate the effort by all involved and hope this leads to a surge in excellent opening credits by other series.

It was PERFECT representation of the series as a while.

I will probably watch it again but I will definitely recommend everyone watch it at least one DC comics fan or not.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Since The Vigilante is one of the very few DC comics that I used to read regularly and collect, I'm pissed they still haven't done him justice in live-action properties. On Arrow, the character was patterned after The Punisher and was used as a misdirect for a totally different villain and on Peacemaker he's basically Deadpool. In my opinion, the Vigilante was always more of DCs take on Daredevil -- an officer of the court by day and a vigilante by night. He used his expertise in martial arts to combat crime moreso than firearms. The comic character had a revolver and nunchucks as his main weapons.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Since The Vigilante is one of the very few DC comics that I used to read regularly and collect, I'm pissed they still haven't done him justice in live-action properties. On Arrow, the character was patterned after The Punisher and was used as a misdirect for a totally different villain and on Peacemaker he's basically Deadpool. In my opinion, the Vigilante was always more of DCs take on Daredevil -- an officer of the court by day and a vigilante by night. He used his expertise in martial arts to combat crime moreso than firearms. The comic character had a revolver and nunchucks as his main weapons.

I feel the exact same way

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

A serious dramatic well written and directed take on this could win awards

And would fit perfectly with the darkness of the existing DCU.

This is a no brainer

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
watched 1st two episodes... like it...

we should keep a forum tally of GAY black characters ....why does Wallers daughter need to be a carpet muncher?
kill two birds with one stone. cast a minority and a gay.
better question is, why do we keep accepting gay roles to fit the studios quota?

Last edited:

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
kill two birds with one stone. cast a minority and a gay.
better question is, why do we keep accepting gay roles to fit the stuios quota?

I agree, but that was a nice pussy shot on the ipad though:hotdamn::rise:.

Not sure I am feeling the Rogan like adult themes and all the Nazi shit. The white dragon better end up with his head blown the fuck off.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im enjoying PEACEMAKER on HBO/MAX raunchy, funny and action packed.If you are easily offended and didnt like the 2021 version of Suicide Squad this show is not for you.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I will admit that I'm really not a fan of this latest jokey take on The Vigilante.
Especially considering the history of Adrian Chase and the brutal way he ended up being that character in "THE NEW TEEN TITANS" during the 80s.
One of the few mainstream Super-Hero books back then that held no punches.
I did like the character's portrayal better on "ARROW" though.

61iugrahxrL.jpg

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
i don't know about that but cena has surprised me every time...

hell rock is throwing his hat in the ring to play Kratos.... not sure if he can pull that off
Cena has always been poster child for hard work beats talent... when talent doesn't put in work

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
dude i was hooked as soon as the opening credits rolled LOL!

James gunn is a fuckin God when it comes to this shit

Yeah this is his wheelhouse

I've been a fan since Slither and that bootleg comic movie he did.

He such a distinctive strong verse

I was ok with the movie I thought it was a little too much though

But this is the perfect medium for him.

This is the right platform, audience, budget, format, freedom and comic book library for what he does and does well.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cena has always been poster child for hard work beats talent... when talent doesn't put in work

You think John Cena can surpass Rock at being a better actor?

Gunn must have a thing for wrestlers

Maybe they are just trained to be so aware and physical and know routines and improvise they make the perfect foils for his work

Drax and now peacemaker.

Those 2 men stole scenes and become much more prominent than anyone ever expected

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

Yep, Adrian Chase in the books was brutal! They need to do The Question (both) too.