TV Discussion: The Suicide Squad spin-off series Peacemaker ft John Cena Update: Confirmed season 2

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
This dude rambling off names of who dye beard could have framed...

Dying laughing I swear

It's like every episode has one scene that makes my chest hurt from laughing so hard

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
yeah - but not Question...

maybe Booster Gold, Dr Fate, Plastic Man
Tim Drake series on HBOMax,
i think Plastic Man was supposed to get a movie. It was one of those titles DC announced, but we all knew wasn't gonna happen. And Dr. Fate is in Black Adam.

yes, they need to recognize Booster Gold and Blue Beetle (i think they cast BB already)

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Lmaooooo man this shit heah suck ass! :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :confused: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Ol fake ass Captain America with warped morals wanna be mf! Who is he? The reverse John Walker? I love it!

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A few of the jokes last a few seconds too long but I will keep watching.

That is my problem with the show.
I see some of my other fav online reviewers still like it,
..But I keep watching

FINALLY!!
Episode 6 -- A good one.
Maybe will pickup after this.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I love this sh*t

This is what I thought the suicide squad movie would be.

I got some nits to pick but too much great for me to address those right now

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
one of the hardest working wrestlers of all time...

main-qimg-cae78725b429a317c50f216520920737-lq

Batista had it easy compared to Cena
Batista's filmography in the past 5 years have been crazy. WWE cultivates some great talent.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Guess you haven't seen The Rocks less popular dramatic roles. It's hard to tell which is the better actor but they are both good.
I have, but I feel like John has slightly more range especially comedically. I'm not saying the rock is terrible or anything like that, just that John Cena seems to be able to disappear into a role a little bit more vs the rock which always feels like the rock as X character. Obviously the rock is a mega Hollywood star without equal so I'm sure he'll be okay with my opinion on his acting lol

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I have, but I feel like John has slightly more range especially comedically. I'm not saying the rock is terrible or anything like that, just that John Cena seems to be able to disappear into a role a little bit more vs the rock which always feels like the rock as X character. Obviously the rock is a mega Hollywood star without equal so I'm sure he'll be okay with my opinion on his acting lol

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:D Tonight's or rather, this morning's finale.

Worth staying up for.
Jim Gunn written and directed again.
It was really good, series got better each week
Yeah, I didn't care for it in the beginning.
I may rewatch the first couple shows.

The full cast was great.
Especially - Robert Patrick
Annie Chang in dual roles as detective and alien.
and Danielle Brooks

Warning:
There is a 'surprise' at the end.
Careful what you read so you don't get spoiled.

GREAT NEWS!!

‘OITNB’ Star Danielle Brooks & Dennis Gelin Are Married!

wenn38433790.jpg

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:D Tonight's or rather, this morning's finale.

Worth staying up for.
Jim Gunn written and directed again.
It was really good, series got better each week
Yeah, I didn't care for it in the beginning.
I may rewatch the first couple shows.

The full cast was great.
Especially - Robert Patrick
Annie Chang in dual roles as detective and alien.
and Danielle Brooks

Warning:
There is a 'surprise' at the end.
Careful what you read so you don't get spoiled.

GREAT NEWS!!

‘OITNB’ Star Danielle Brooks & Dennis Gelin Are Married!

wenn38433790.jpg

That man wrote and directed the whole thing

Plus music and the concept

Salute that man.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Peacemaker star promises 'massive, mind-blowing' season finale

Cast member Steve Agee says even he was not allowed to watch Thursday's episode.
By Clark CollisFebruary 16, 2022 at 07:47 PM EST

How tight a lid did Peacemaker director James Gunn and HBO Max keep on Thursday's season finale of the John Cena-starring DC superhero show? Cast member Steve Agee reveals that even he was not allowed to see the episode.
"Episode eight is massive, it is mind-blowing," says Agee, who plays the member of an aliens-battling black ops organization. "In fact, when I was doing ADR for episode eight, I [said], 'Hey, can you guys fast forward a little bit to the ending so I can see this one scene that I shot?' The person who was remotely directing me was like, 'Absolutely not.' I was like, 'I was there! It's not like it was a spoiler for me!' And she was like, 'No, but there's people around in the studio, we literally don't want anybody to see this.' "

Agee previously worked with Gunn on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and last year's The Suicide Squad (which introduced his Peacemaker character, John Economos) but the actor explains that the filmmaker was at his most excitable when overseeing the season finale.

"While we were shooting that final episode there was a night where I've never seen James more giddy," says Agee. "He was running around laughing, going, 'I can't believe we're doing this! I literally cannot believe they're letting me do this!' So I'm excited for people to see the finale. I want to drag this out as long as possible because it's been really fun but I also really want to get to the finale and hear what people have to think."

While Agee was predictably quiet about whether his character lives or dies in the season finale of the show, which Gunn confirmed today will be returning for a second season, he will be seen in Netflix's upcoming Guillermo del Toro-produced horror anthology series Cabinet of Curiosities.

"I can tell you it was a blast to shoot," he says. "They're standalone episodes and they're all different directors, different casts for each one. I did an episode that was co-written and directed by Panos Cosmatos, who made Mandy."