TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Snowpiercer is set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, and the remnants of humanity inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe. Class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival are questioned in this riveting television adaptation.

ntpDmosa.jpg

Show is kind of starting out a bit slow..maybe itll start to pick up like 3 or 4 episodes in

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator

Stargirl follows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore, who moves to Blue Valley, Nebraska after her mother remarries Pat Dugan, a former member of the Justice Society of America. She uncovers dark secrets from her family’s past, receives Starman’s very useful cosmic staff, joins the Justice Society of America and inspires the unlikely group of young heroes to stop the villains of the past.

EhofDdVl.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Coworker's recommendation. He watched season 1 of Peaky Blinders over the weekend. Here's his words of wisdom - had me laughing. Paraphrased -

"So I watched season 1 of Peaky Blinders over the weekend. Ended up staying up until 3am binging it. Shit, I don't give a fuck. I don't have shit else to do. Enjoyed it! I'm dumb ... never got around to seeing it. Always thought the series title sounded like a kid's show or something. Don't ask me why. Now I have a show to watch. Have to get caught up on a handful of seasons. Cillian Murphy? Killian Murphy? How do you say his name? Good actor!"

giphy.gif

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

slam

Super Moderator
93kERn.jpg

After crossing paths at a party, a Cape Town teen sets out to prove whether a private-school swimming star is her sister who was abducted at birth.

slam

Super Moderator
hGEtqB8SQ.jpg

Mrs. America tells the true story of the movement to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), and the unexpected backlash led by a conservative woman named Phyllis Schlafly. Through the eyes of the women of that era – both Schlafly and second wave feminists Gloria Steinem, Betty Friedan, Shirley Chisholm, Bella Abzug and Jill Ruckelshaus – the series explores how one of the toughest battlegrounds in the culture wars of the 70s helped give rise to the Moral Majority and forever shifted our political landscape.

well dam ...interesting...different spin on this...

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For some reason I think studios are holding on good materials/shows

I was expecting excellent shows during this lockdown but its really awful out there

Netflix, Hulu, amazon etc

nothing interesting.

YouTube is far more entertaining that the shows being put out there

Dont know what's going on

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you are looking for heavy drama with tons of raw emotion look no further than
I know This Much is True
Mark Ruffalo is Dominick Birdsey who struggles to care for his twin schizophrenic brother
and deal with his own traumatic issues
i-know-this-much-is-true-review-2020.jpg

The Tyler Perry Shows : RUTHLESS, BRUH, AND THE OVAL
Stiff acting,long drawn out moments and an ALL AROUND hollow feeling but the banter and situations
the characters find themselves in are hilarious !! Oh and Perry has inserted a good bit of nudity
I know some will be turned off by some of the plot threads but the shows are fun for a good laugh
and for some looks at some extremely beautiful women.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Who here has/uses Quibi? I've seen two trailers now that seem like solid shows/movies.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
EMERGENCE on ABC is pretty good they throw in humor here and there but it's funny how they use character actors from previous shows that had similar themes

Emergence Cancelled at ABC
By Rebecca Iannucci / May 21 2020, 1:00 PM PDT
Courtesy of ABC

ABC is putting the town of Southold in its rearview mirror, having cancelled the sci-fi drama Emergence after one season.
During its 13-episode run — which never aired more than four episodes in a row — Emergence averaged not quite a 0.5 demo rating and 2.7 million total viewers (in Live+Same Day numbers), well shy of what The Rookie did in the time slot (0.7/4.2 mil) last season. Out of the 10 dramas ABC has aired this TV season, it edged out only The Baker and the Beauty in the demo while ranking seventh in total audience.
Emergence starred Fargo‘s Allison Tolman as Jo Evans, Southold’s chief of police. While investigating the wreckage of a mysterious plane crash on a local beach, Jo encountered a young girl named Piper (Alexa Swinton) who possessed telekinetic powers (and then some!).

The cast also included Owain Yeoman (The Mentalist) as journalist Benny Gallagher; Donald Faison (Scrubs) as Jo’s ex-husband, Alex; Robert Bailey Jr. (The Night Shift) as Southold police officer Chris; Ashley Aufderheide (Preacher) as Jo’s daughter, Mia; and Clancy Brown (Billions) as Jo’s father, Ed.
2020 Broadcast-TV Renewal Scorecard
Launch Gallery

In the Jan. 28 season finale — which now serves as the show’s series finale — Jo, Piper and the others worked together to defeat adversary Helen… but in the episode’s final seconds, it was revealed that a version of Helen still existed within Piper and could potentially be controlled by a new group of villains.
Emergence is joined by Bless This Mess, Schooled and Single Parents, all of which were also axed at ABC on Thursday — the same day the network announced renewals for 13 other series. Our handy 2020 Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect each show’s status.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Bryan Callen (co-host of the Fighter and the Kid podcast) made mention of the Schooled (tv series) cancellation on the past episode or two of their show. Jokingly noted there goes 75% of his income. Meanwhile he's been going through a divorce & is carrying 2 mortgages. His place & his ex's.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Some friendly heads-ups for the Canadian fam' on BGOL.

If you have Crave or Crave on Demand ... check their indexes for assorted programming from HBO, Showtime, Vice, etc. Good way to catch up on some series (or seasons) you may have missed. Also look for what Starz programming is available.

We don't seem to have Epix ... but if you missed out on Godfather of Harlem last year, check your menu guide listings for CityTV. They have been airing the show, and have the full 1st season up in their On Demand section.

Also, check the menu guide for the TSN channels (and their On Demand). They have been re-airing some of the recent UFC tv cards, and just yesterday they re-aired the UFC 249 ppv (that aired live 2 weeks ago). That was a nice surprise. If I recall correctly, UFC Fight Pass (don't have it) typically uploads their PPVs around 1 month after they have aired. The 2-week turnaround on TV is pretty quick. Hopefully they do this moving forward with future PPV cards ... while they continue to try and fill programming blocks.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hightown is off to a good start

GANGS OF LONDON

For those of you like me missing your BANSHEE fix of a good story and bloody and relentless hand to hand fighting and bullet flying .Look no further than Gangs of London
Im only up to episode 3 and im completely addicted.

BLOOD & WATER

Beautifully shot story about a teen who sets out to prove whether a private-school swimming star is her sister who was abducted at birth.
High school life....wow mines was never this intriguing this story pulled me and my family in with it's twists and characters
we immediately cared about
Our main problems this series or season 1 WAY TO SHORT !! Only 6 episodes...i mean come on now !!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Been checking out this show in recent months. 6 eps so far, with 2 to go for the season. Airs on the Food Network. DVR it and keep it in the rotation as something to check out the week following. Talented kids.

slam

Super Moderator
fuqCElGsX3.jpg

A disparate group of outcasts and dreamers battle to escape their pasts while navigating the brutal frontier hardships, competing interests, and tangled loyalties at the crossroads of civilization: the New World. Based on the novel by Pulitzer-winner Annie Proulx.

slam

Super Moderator
GNJSWV.jpg

Hired to displace tribal villagers to make way for a new highway, officials unearth an old curse and an army of British soldier-zombies.

aww hell naw i`m good..i aint wit tht zombie blood n guts shit ....... :eek2: ....lol

might put in the trap for my heads tht dont have netflix... :yes:

dbrizzz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I finally decided to watch Seinfeld, this show is fucking hilarious. Its like a pg version of Curb your enthusiasm. I never fucked with these white sitcoms back in the day.

seinfeld_tv_series-842891056-large.jpg
Better late than never! I know each episode by heart and I still fall down laughing