TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Interesting - just happened across this one on one of the streaming websites. I haven't seen it.

But looks like it's the South Korean version of the Bryan Cranston series (on Showtime) from recent years ...

Your Honor (Korean: 유어 아너) is an ongoing South Korean television series adapted from the Israeli television series Kvodo [he]. The series is created by Pyo Min-soo [ko], written by Kim Jae-hwan, directed by Yoon Jong-seon, and starring Son Hyun-joo, Kim Myung-min, Kim Do-hoon, and Heo Nam-jun [ko]. It is an original drama of Genie TV, and is available for streaming on its platform and on Viki in selected regions. The series was also premiered on ENA on August 12, 2024, and airs every Monday and Tuesday at 22:00 (KST).

Synopsis​

A judge who covers up his son's murder and a criminal gang boss who chase his son's killer. A paternal instinct confrontation between two fathers who decide to become monsters for their children.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

screenshot-2024-08-12-at-10-33-50-am.png

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I might have to watch this train wreck.

HaHa!!!

The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives
Official Trailer
Debuts September 6, 2024

A group of Mormon mum influencers get caught in the midst of a swinging sex scandal that makes international headlines.

c2abc465e96f88cef7e3bc8263efc4a4

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BAD MONKEY

Apple TV rolls out another detective show but this one leans more towards a sense a humor and who better to portray a snarky detective than Vince Vaughn. Of course he's a detective who cant be told what to do and the deeper he dives into a case the more complicated his life becomes. Vaughn still has the fast and talkative thing going for him and he is coupled with a good supporting cast; primarily Natalie Martinez
The intertwining story threads about corruption,land and murder are keeping me interrested for now,hopefully the pacing will pick up a bit.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
BAD MONKEY

Apple TV rolls out another detective show but this one leans more towards a sense a humor and who better to portray a snarky detective than Vince Vaughn. Of course he's a detective who cant be told what to do and the deeper he dives into a case the more complicated his life becomes. Vaughn still has the fast and talkative thing going for him and he is coupled with a good supporting cast; primarily Natalie Martinez
The intertwining story threads about corruption,land and murder are keeping me interrested for now,hopefully the pacing will pick up a bit.

This used to be one of my modern favorite actors but the last few years he was on some weird stuff I had to cut him off

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This guy...

Now I believe all the rumblings I heard even BEFORE he was hired

Following DeMayo’s claims, a Marvel spokesperson said in a statement, “Mr. DeMayo was terminated in March 2024 following an internal investigation. Given the egregious nature of the findings, we severed ties with him immediately and he has no further affiliation with Marvel.”

He drops that bullsh*t then IMMEDIATELY cuts off all his social media because he KNOWS it's about to go down. He just couldn't help himself.

Nah homie not gonna be able to do.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

5e929b6eb9c14045b85df323f6ab47a7_md.jpg

0da16f03c6bc41ed8fc668e181beb424_md.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@playahaitian

It’s worth seeing. Checked out the 2nd ep too. The ladies @ViCiouS posted are nice eye candy and cast well. Really like Jodie Turner Smith in her role here. The narrator works well too. Older guy’s voice is effective in moving the story along. The funniest ongoing joke was the repeated sabotaging attempts of the gawdy home for sale next door. I hope there’s further jokes about said property & realtor (from SNL cast).

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I’m trying to cut back from getting sucked into new TV shows.

But then they come out with a new series with Niecy that looks interesting.

And they got your boy Travis Kelce co-starring. HaHa!!!

Grotesquerie
Official Teaser Trailer
Debuts September 25, 2024

A series of crimes have unsettled a small community, and Detective Lois Tryon feels they are eerily personal, as if someone or something is taunting her.

MV5BOThhNTFlMjAtYjRlZi00ZGFjLWI5OTQtYzIyYTMyYzA3YmU5XkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

His symptoms began with dizziness, headaches, a lack of sleep and panic attacks. Over time, they grew worse. All the while, this beloved husband, father and son was wondering about the role his work played in his illness

Sirin Kale

Sirin Kale
Wed 14 Aug 2024 05.00 BSTLast modified on Fri 16 Aug 2024 16.42 BST

The day before it happened was the last good day of John Balson’s life.
It was Sunday 17 March 2024. He took his three-year-old daughter swimming, then came home and cooked lunch with his family. He drank some wine and played video games for a while, but it was hard to concentrate.

Balson was tired. The 40-year-old freelance TV producer had been working long hours on a new series of In the Footsteps of Killers, a true crime series hosted by the criminologist Prof David Wilson and the Silent Witness actor Emilia Fox, commissioned by Channel 4 from the production company Alaska TV. It was an investigation into an unsolved murder linked to an alleged paedophile ring in London in the 1990s.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Also ... fave character is Neville ^ so far in 2 eps watched

@playahaitian

I emailed my mom the other day mentioning that Slow Horses returns to Apple+ on Sept. 4th. Turns out her subscription wraps up Sept. 6th, so she asked me to save it for her. She's looking forward to Severance's return early next year too.

I mentioned starting Bad Monkey yesterday and liking it so far. She noted she also checked it out yesterday with her boyfriend (they're in their mid-70s) and liked it. We both agreed the cast has an interesting assortment of characters, and the show looks good being filmed in the Florida Keys, etc. Colorful compared with alot of the LA, NY, Chicago, Vancouver stuff we're used to seeing.

Here's Ronald Peet that I mentioned earlier playing "Neville" ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
This guy...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Looking forward to it. Enjoyed the show. Took me awhile to get into it as I checked out the pilot, then didn't circle back to it for a number of weeks. But when I did I finished the rest of the eps in a few days. I liked the assortment of characters. At first it felt a bit overwhelming, but then I reminded myself to just focus on the main people. There's lots of people who are background / accessory characters, but not to worry about them as much as they aren't fully fleshed out.