TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
But WHAT IS THE END GAME?

And just how much will the consumer get screwed when the dust settles?

As consumers ... always screwed.

Regarding the endgame - definitely feels out of reach / sight.

Listened to this pod episode on the morning commute today. Always good to hear insiders’ takes ...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished season 2 of Vigil a few days ago. Quite enjoyed it. A good amount of tension and suspense throughout.

Checked out episode 3 of the food docuseries Omnivore yesterday. Started it back in late-July, so it was good to get back to it. Informative & visually very appealing show.

Checked out the pilot episode of Roadkill - a series from a few years ago. My aunt recommended it after happening across it by chance ... said it was worth a look. Pretty good.

Still also quite enjoying Bad Monkey. A good assortment of characters and a nice twist at the end of the 3rd episode.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
^^^^

no matter the props this show gets it ain't enough

Side note, Playa.

Bill Lawrence who developed and exec' produced Bad Monkey brought in Braff for a good small role on this past week's 3rd episode.

William Van Duzer Lawrence IV (born December 26, 1968) is an American television producer, screenwriter, and director. He is the creator of the series Scrubs and co-creator of shows including the live-action Cougar Town, Spin City, Ground Floor, Ted Lasso, and Shrinking, and the animated series Clone High, in which he also voiced the leader of the shadowy figures. He has written for many other shows, including The Nanny and Boy Meets World.

The name of Lawrence's production company, Doozer, is a wordplay on his middle name.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@playahaitian

Thinking about checking out Homicide: Life on the Street in full with my pops. I only caught a little bit of it back in the day as I was in junior high at that time, and he never saw it.

Our current rotation (episodes I save to watch with him) = Bad Monkey, Omnivore, and Road Kill.

Gonna be checking out Tulsa King, Old Man, and Shrinking in September / October.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@playahaitian

Thinking about checking out Homicide: Life on the Street in full with my pops. I only caught a little bit of it back in the day as I was in junior high at that time, and he never saw it.

Our current rotation (episodes I save to watch with him) = Bad Monkey, Omnivore, and Road Kill.

Gonna be checking out Tulsa King, Old Man, and Shrinking in September / October.

^^^^

This Is a MUST

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@playahaitian

I was shocked just how much I like these shows. And how these older stars are able to find projects that allow them to shine.

But ummmm we need some more Black male lead series

We need a Black version of Kingstown, Tulsa, Old man, Yellowstone, Lioness etc