TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Chris and Andy talk about the news that Paramount Television Studios is being closed as Paramount begins to merge with Skydance (1:00). Then they talk about some of the news that came out during Disney’s D23 expo, including the trailer for the newest Star Wars series, Skeleton Crew (10:36). Finally,, they discuss the first two episodes of the new Apple TV+ series Bad Monkey, which stars Vince Vaughn and a lot of nice shots of the Florida Keys (25:46).

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m trying to cut back from getting sucked into new TV shows.

But then they come out with a new series with Niecy that looks interesting.

And they got your boy Travis Kelce co-starring. HaHa!!!

Grotesquerie
Official Teaser Trailer
Debuts September 25, 2024

A series of crimes have unsettled a small community, and Detective Lois Tryon feels they are eerily personal, as if someone or something is taunting her.

MV5BOThhNTFlMjAtYjRlZi00ZGFjLWI5OTQtYzIyYTMyYzA3YmU5XkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I hope Niecy Nash displays some mega cleavage

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished season 1 of Hotel Cocaine on Friday. Unclear if it’s a limited series, or will be renewed for a 2nd season.

Going to start season 3 of Industry soon. 2 eps have aired so far.

Have 1 episode to go with season 2 of Vigil. Very good season. Good tension throughout and a completely different plot and setting to season 1 (which was aboard a submarine). This one’s about drone warfare technology, etc.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
IS this good??

Yellowstone was good for the first few seasons, but then fell off in the past 2, in my opinion. Not enough happening & too soap opera'y at times.

The spinoff prequels were actually quite good. Much more happening essentially showing us 100 - 140 years prior to more present day.

Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were 2 of the main leads in 1883, and they're married in real life so their chemistry is already solidified as a couple.

1923 had Helen Mirren and Harrison Ford, so that was fun to see 2 prominent movie actors in a TV series. As my dad said - it was good to see them "playing their age" ... believable as an older couple.

We'll see what happens with any other, as-yet unreleased spinoffs.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

nev-schulman-bike-accident-3-081024-73c9ed9562d74156984b232255416e65.jpg

88394317-13731603-His_album_contained_a_grisly_close_up_of_the_gash_along_the_back-a-2_1723331582889.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Interesting.

Glad to see it getting a larger audience now compared to AMC+

Same for Average Joe - which was previously on BET+

Both shows are worthy of more viewership.

I'm still curious on why AMC is doing this?

I watched Spade in a week because it was free on Amazon for a limited time

It's great for Netflix subscribers already locked in.

But what about AMC+ subscribers

And I'm sure Netflix membership numbers grew.

What's the end game?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I'm still curious on why AMC is doing this?

I watched Spade in a week because it was free on Amazon for a limited time

It's great for Netflix subscribers already locked in.

But what about AMC+ subscribers

And I'm sure Netflix membership numbers grew.

What's the end game?

Exactly.

It’s almost like they are course correcting with shows now realizing they should have had larger audiences from jump.

If I remember correctly - people were saying Reservation Dogs and The Bear would have fared even better on regular FX, instead of FX on Hulu.

Both critically acclaimed with strong word of mouth referrals from friends & family in most cases.

I wish more people tuned into Dark Winds on AMC+ as well.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Exactly.

It’s almost like they are course correcting with shows now realizing they should have had larger audiences from jump.

If I remember correctly - people were saying Reservation Dogs and The Bear would have fared even better on regular FX, instead of FX on Hulu.

Both critically acclaimed with strong word of mouth referrals from friends & family in most cases.

I wish more people tuned into Dark Winds on AMC+ as well.

VERY GOOD POINT

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The name of the game is getting the most eyeballs, right?

I am glad to see lots of networks putting pilots up on Youtube too. Make the stuff pick up additional traction ..

I still need someone on the inside to give me the REAL on how all this streaming stuff turns a profit. Because even people in the industry for years not giving it to me in a way that makes sense.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I still need someone on the inside to give me the REAL on how all this streaming stuff turns a profit. Because even people in the industry for years not giving it to me in a way that makes sense.

Agreed. I often wish they would have just left cable well enough alone.

Basically made it more a la carte instead of bundles. They would have retained so many customers from turning to cord cutting.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Agreed. I often wish they would have just left cable well enough alone.

Basically made it more a la carte instead of bundles. They would have retained so many customers from turning to cord cutting.

^^^^

I COMPLETELY understand the pandemic turned EVERYTHING upside down but this streaming thing shouldn't have been THIS complicated at least to me.