Video of Draymond Green and Jordan Poole

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NOW we're all trying to define what a sucker punch is when the fact of the matter is poole DID NOT and SHOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED his TEAMMATE to try to punch his head off....period.

You guys are talking IN HINDSIGHT knowing what the result was....Everyone is talking smack and we're ALL Billy badasses when we're NOT on the hot seat of an issue. Thats what was so annoying about the Chris Rock thing...EVERYBODY was saying what they would do if that was them...but if you spoke to Chris the day before and asked what would you do if someone walked up on that stage and smacked you...his answer would have been shiiiiiit I wish a muhfuka WOULD try some shit like that!:rolleyes:

lRNqDJ.gif

NOy33N.gif

heres 2 examples of team RIVALS squaring up and NO ONE threw punches...sure tempers flared and shoving happened but nothing more......so why should poole expect to have to fight his teamMATE like that???

Last edited:

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Draymond's been in the league 12 years. He's been in countless teammates and opponents faces talking shit. Even had pushing matches back and forth, and no punches thrown.

He was talking shit to Poole...

Poole may have been talking shit back but the video showed that he wasn't interested in having a conversation with Draymond.

Draymond got up in his face talking shit and Poole pushed him away to get him away from him.

Then Draymond punched him. Most viewing including the organization and his teammates viewed it as a sucker punch and sucka shit.

This wasn't a typical situation or scenario that many are trying to frame it as "In the streets".

You can believe it was a fight and not a sucker punch all you want, but the organization and his teammates are rightfully treating it as a sucker punch and not a fight.

Why do y'all keep saying he pushed him to get him out of his face, a push is a form of aggression, if I'm in your face and you push me then to me that's you being aggressive right back with me. Also y'all keep talking about the Warriors organization treating this serious, they didn't even cancel practice after the incident, they finished practice and more than likely Draymond and Poole were both at practice the next day. I saw a video saying Kerr was almost in tears during the press conference talking about the incident AFTER THE VIDEO SURFACED but he didn't even cancel practice after the incident. Steph is saying it's false that Poole has an attitude but Draymond said months ago that Poole has gotten into with players before and talks shit to everybody

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why do y'all keep saying he pushed him to get him out of his face, a push is a form of aggression, if I'm in your face and you push me then to me that's you being aggressive right back with me. Also y'all keep talking about the Warriors organization treating this serious, they didn't even cancel practice after the incident, they finished practice and more than likely Draymond and Poole were both at practice the next day. I saw a video saying Kerr was almost in tears during the press conference talking about the incident AFTER THE VIDEO SURFACED but he didn't even cancel practice after the incident. Steph is saying it's false that Poole has an attitude but Draymond said months ago that Poole has gotten into with players before and talks shit to everybody
and?? shit talking is shit talking... you invading someones personal space is a form of AGGRESSION them pushing you away from them is DEFENSIVE.... if you wanted to take that incident to court it would be broken down that way.

there is NO WAY you can call them equal aggressors in that situation.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
and?? shit talking is shit talking... you invading someones personal space is a form of AGGRESSION them pushing you away from them is DEFENSIVE.... if you wanted to take that incident to court it would be broken down that way.

there is NO WAY you can call them equal aggressors in that situation.

A DEFENSIVE form of aggression

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
:lol:c'mon dude....:lol: now youre saying what??? that protecting yourself is legally as bad as initiating a physical confrontation???

:lol: :lol:i'm done man you're doing the samething I said you was doing before, reading my words but pretending like you don't know what I mean, I don't know where this legally stuff came from

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: :lol:i'm done man you're doing the samething I said you was doing before, reading my words but pretending like you don't know what I mean, I don't know where this legally stuff came from

you tell me what your talking about??

ag·gres·sion
noun
How do we define aggression?

1 : a forceful action or procedure (such as an unprovoked attack) especially when intended to dominate or master.

who was trying to dominate who in that incident??

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
you tell me what your talking about??

ag·gres·sion
noun
How do we define aggression?

1 : a forceful action or procedure (such as an unprovoked attack) especially when intended to dominate or master.

who was trying to dominate who in that incident??

Is pushing someone a form of aggression? If the police looked at that tape would they deem Poole pushing Draymond a form of aggression?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Because he pushed him away not ready to fight meaning, not in a fighting stance and not in a fighting demeanor.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
You must be one of these,

hi-res-579849c07de840dde09d87183d99c5bb_crop_exact.jpg

don't see what led up to the push or what caused the push.

You only saw the push.

So now answer this question what happens when the ref sees one player push another player and that other player pushes him back

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So now answer this question what happens when the ref sees one player push another player and that other player pushes him back

Then there's a penalty but now we're playing the shot if and semantics game and I'm not interested.

Yes a push is seen as aggressive. A push can also be seen as a response to leave a person alone, and a push off a cliff can be seen as murder.

Oops, I played the semantics game! :lol:

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
Then there's a penalty but now we're playing the shot if and semantics game and I'm not interested.

Yes a push is seen as aggressive. A push can also be seen as a response to leave a person alone, and a push off a cliff can be seen as murder.

Oops, I played the semantics game! :lol:

:lol:you're the one that posted the example... if a ref sees 2 players arguing, sees one get in the others face, players pushes him off and then the other player punches him then he's going to call a penalty on both players. In a game when Poole pushed Draymond and if Draymond didn't do anything back Poole would have been the only person that got the penalty

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It wasnt a sucker punch. You are arguing with someone, said person walks up on you and you push the person back.
You talking shit to a shit talker during practice. He approaches, invades your space, and turns casual shit talk into violence while being 5 inches and 50 pounds out your weightclass... Thats sucka shit all day. Hence, sucka punch.

And as YOU stated.. Poole didnt want to fight. Which makes it even more of a sucka punch.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Kendrick Perkins just said that this never happen in any one of his locker rooms

Yet dudes are acting like this is a weekly event on teams and not a big deal
I hooped for a team, including high school and college, between the ages of 8-19 years old. We’ve had plenty of arguments that got heated, but nobody ever stole or punched anyone.
This is also yet another reason why Curry should never be mentioned in the class of Lebron.. You guys notice the pass hes getting? Ive seen a got dam interview from a nigga name Kevin Looney before one from Curry. If this was a Lebron led team there would be shows building their entire weeks content around if this was his fault for being a bad leader. He would be forced to conduct interviews upon interviews explaining this shit. Meanwhile, the lightskin bitch again gets handled with kid gloves. This time during a team scandal.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is pushing someone a form of aggression? If the police looked at that tape would they deem Poole pushing Draymond a form of aggression?

Legally that would be a form of defense.

Dray went out of his way to get into Poole's personal space, legally speaking Poole had every right to push him away. Dray initiated the aggression by violating Poole's person and space.

If this was criminal or civil court Dray would hold 100% fault

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
now we're talking legal again..... :giggle: legally a person has the right to defend themselves. In this case Poole defended his space then movesd back he was in no way acting in an aggressive offensive manner.

Should he have been PREPARED TO FIGHT? At his JOB..with his TEAMMATE. Over some words?? the answer is NO. NOTHING leading up to that punch required him to guard himself like he's getting ready to go to battle...not with his TEAM MATE. If that shit on the court in BOSTON then YES knuckle up on those bastards... but PRACTICE in PRESEASON with your teammate??? again...c'mon dude :rolleyes2:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol:you're the one that posted the example... if a ref sees 2 players arguing, sees one get in the others face, players pushes him off and then the other player punches him then he's going to call a penalty on both players. In a game when Poole pushed Draymond and if Draymond didn't do anything back Poole would have been the only person that got the penalty

I posted the pic of the refs insinuating it was you because you asked if police saw the tape would they deem Poole pushing Draymond a form of aggression.

Poole's push was after the initial contact and like a ref, you posed your question about the second form of contact.

Like a ref

smirk.gif

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Draymond has gotten away with talking loud as shit, being a shit starter in games, yelling at the refs and now hit his own teammate knocking him out during practice. So, eventually karma is gonna get him and sock him right in his jaw to humble him one day.

Reactions: BDR

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
What dray did was some hoe ass shit and to add insult he got his mouth peace Chris hayes to write that Poole was acting different all of a sudden lmaoo. Then the video came out which I think the warriors leaked it themselves because now they have the leverage and let dray walk or trade him without the fan base going nuts and they will be cool around it because dray used up all his benefit of the doubt points

Kerr, Steph and Iggy shut that shit down quick and came to Jordan’s defense also…

They def not fuckin wit dray after this as a collective..

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
for those who said poole should have been ready to fight....the response is WHY? the guy that got in his face was this guy

57XOEX.gif

why should he have been ready to knuckle up with HIS TEAM MATE??

in practice??

in preseason??

ready to start another championship campaign.

QkBwlG.gif

this is not something he thought would happen from his TEAM MATE in the first pic....

stop victim blaming..

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You talking shit to a shit talker during practice. He approaches, invades your space, and turns casual shit talk into violence while being 5 inches and 50 pounds out your weightclass... Thats sucka shit all day. Hence, sucka punch.

And as YOU stated.. Poole didnt want to fight. Which makes it even more of a sucka punch.

It's not a sucker punch and I'm not going to go back and forth about the definition of a word or phrase. You can attempt to redefine the word all you want but it doesn't change the facts that we can clearly see on video or the definition of the word/phrase. I've clearly given examples of what sucker punch is in my opinion and it lines up with most definitions you'll find. If you find credible sources that support your definition, by all means let me know. Until then, the only thing up for debate is if Dreymond was right or wrong for hitting Poole. Ironically, no one is debating that or at least not the people who are saying it was not a sucker punch.

What i said was at best he didn't want to fight but didn't want to look like a bitch so he pushed Dreymond and was looking for the potentially fight to be broken up. In the end, it doesn't matter if Poole wanted to fight or not as far as the sucker punch argument goes under these circumstances. He was confronted in an aggressive manner and decided to push the person away. In doing so he acknowledged the threat. You can't be sucker punched when the situation is already hostile and its literally in your face. It was Poole's choice not to take the immediate threat seriously or look for others to bail him out of trouble. Again, it's my opinion that Poole should not have pushed Dreymond if he didn't want to fight. He basically made a hostile situation worse and seemingly lacked the awareness to realize he was in danger or was looking for bail from those around them.

It's also irrelevant that you are talking shit to a shit talker. He decided you weren't going talk shit to him and confronted you about it right or wrong. I also mentioned friends, family and teammates joking with each other and the shit possible going left.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not a sucker punch and I'm not going to go back and forth about the definition of a word or phrase. You can attempt to redefine the word all you want but it doesn't change the facts that we can clearly see on video or the definition of the word/phrase. I've clearly given examples of what sucker punch is in my opinion and it lines up with most definitions you'll find. If you find credible sources that support your definition, by all means let me know. Until then, the only thing up for debate is if Dreymond was right or wrong for hitting Poole. Ironically, no one is debating that or at least not the people who are saying it was not a sucker punch.

What i said was at best he didn't want to fight but didn't want to look like a bitch so he pushed Dreymond and was looking for the potentially fight to be broken up. In the end, it doesn't matter if Poole wanted to fight or not as far as the sucker punch argument goes under these circumstances. He was confronted in an aggressive manner and decided to push the person away. In doing so he acknowledged the threat. You can't be sucker punched when the situation is already hostile and its literally in your face. It was Poole's choice not to take the immediate threat seriously or look for others to bail him out of trouble. Again, it's my opinion that Poole should not have pushed Dreymond if he didn't want to fight. He basically made a hostile situation worse and seemingly lacked the awareness to realize he was in danger or was looking for bail from those around them.

It's also irrelevant that you are talking shit to a shit talker. He decided you weren't going talk shit to him and confronted you about it right or wrong. I also mentioned friends, family and teammates joking with each other and the shit possible going left.

curious....so what should he have done in that situation???

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
for those who said poole should have been ready to fight....the response is WHY? the guy that got in his face was this guy

57XOEX.gif

why should he have been ready to knuckle up with HIS TEAM MATE??

in practice??

in preseason??

ready to start another championship campaign.

QkBwlG.gif

this is not something he thought would happen from his TEAM MATE in the first pic....

stop victim blaming..

In the story below, the victim was allegedly the killers friend. If you believe her mother, her daughter looked out for the killer in his time of need. Based off the information I'm aware, this woman should not have expected to be hurt by her alleged friend.

Now let's compare that situation where the people in question are teammates and we don't know if they are friends at all. You're verbally going back and forth to the point you feel the need to push the person back. The real question is why would you believe he shouldn't have been more aware?

I wasn't even going to say this, but honestly after looking again it looks like Poole attempted to push Dreymond, but Dreymond doesn't move. Not only does he not seem to move the push actually makes Poole go back. Dreymond immediately jumps forward with the punch, so really we can't definitely say if Poole wanted to fight or not.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
curious....so what should he have done in that situation???

I would have never been in that situation because I don't talk shit and i understand what may come with it. Even if I found myself in that situation I would be prepared to fight especially if someone came in my personal space and I felt the need to push him back.

if I didn't want to fight I would not have touched the other person and slowly backed up without turning my back on the person. Furthermore, if I really was just joking I would stated that and made it clear I had no intent to fight. Even with that, I'm still aware that I may need to to fight. Now inorder to do this your ego needs to be in check and you have to not care about what people think of you. Alot of people are not willing to do that.

Is there a reason you expected my answer to deviate from what I've already stated?

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In the story below, the victim was allegedly the killers friend. If you believe her mother, her daughter looked out for the killer in his time of need. Based off the information I'm aware, this woman should not have expected to be hurt by her alleged friend.

Now let's compare that situation where the people in question are teammates and we don't know if they are friends at all. You're verbally going back and forth to the point you feel the need to push the person back. The real question is why would you believe he shouldn't have been more aware?

I wasn't even going to say this, but honestly after looking again it looks like Poole attempted to push Dreymond, but Dreymond doesn't move. Not only does he not seem to move the push actually makes Poole go back. Dreymond immediately jumps forward with the punch, so really we can't definitely say if Poole wanted to fight or not.

if youre point is that the people closest to you can do fucked up shit..thats true but that still doesn't change the trust factor. Up until that dude showed up and shot her she had no idea he would do that.

And NOW your questioning pooles intentions based on the effectiveness of the push???? :rolleyes2:

and why do believe he shouldn't have been more aware??

Poole_J_Green_D_USA.jpg

1403375559.0.jpg

042122-draymondpoole.jpg

Poole explains how he earned Draymond's respect with Warriors

I would have never been in that situation because I don't talk shit and i understand what may come with it. Even if I found myself in that situation I would be prepared to fight especially if someone came in my personal space and I felt the need to push him back.

if I didn't want to fight I would not have touched the other person and slowly backed up without turning my back on the person. Furthermore, if I really was just joking I would stated that and made it clear I had no intent to fight. Even with that, I'm still aware that I may need to to fight. Now inorder to do this your ego needs to be in check and you have to not care about what people think of you. Alot of people are not willing to do that.

Is there a reason you expected my answer to deviate from what I've already stated?

other than saying you don't talk shit and i understand what may come with it.....all the other stuff you said is based on hindsight of knowing how that incident ended up. JP doesn't view himself as some kind of punk or someone who would "back down" from a confrontation particularly in public like that. But also we're not talking about strangers in a YMCA gymnasium playing a pick up game.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LOL and you call this smart? You must be from the suburbs. If you push somebody you better be prepared for what may come next. Do you think boxers give opponents a heads up when they going to punch them? What kind of bullshit ass response was this?
Why are you comparing boxers to basketball players. That's a dumb analogy. This wasn't a street fight nor was it a boxing match. You guys are being ridiculous about oh this and that. Green was clearly out of line. And Poole clearly was pushing him not to fight. There's a reason green sounded like he did. But hey keep with that dumb analogy shit...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is also yet another reason why Curry should never be mentioned in the class of Lebron.. You guys notice the pass hes getting? Ive seen a got dam interview from a nigga name Kevin Looney before one from Curry. If this was a Lebron led team there would be shows building their entire weeks content around if this was his fault for being a bad leader. He would be forced to conduct interviews upon interviews explaining this shit. Meanwhile, the lightskin bitch again gets handled with kid gloves. This time during a team scandal.
:hmm: You just can't help yourself can you...