What unpopular opinions do you have? Hip-Hop/Rap edition

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Lauyrn lost alot of credibility to me when she didn't continue her rap career. I get her first gift is as a singer and she's a great singer BUT the thing that got her over and boosted her was her MC skills and presence. And even as her singing career faltered due to the controversy surrounding the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, she could have continued as a rapper and held it down for the non pussy rapping female MCs.

Honestly she was last of a dying breed as all the strippers turned rappers started to rise. And Lauryn failed to represent and it was a missed opportunity for her continue her presence on the big stage and MAYBE reignite her singing career because she is that versatile.

But she didn't do anything but have a bunch of kids and get caught up in baby daddy drama and neglected her rap career...which makes me question did she write those raps or was that stuff ghost written and the whole MC thing just a pose??

At this point I seriously question her MC status.

Darkness's

Registered
There's a lot of closet cases in hip hop. Like fat Joe said:" niggas are gay as fuck"

Darkness's

Registered
One thing I don't like is how many rappers are praised or spoken about when they're alive.

But when they die, people profess their lifelong love for their music like
usher-one-second.gif
Look at all the fakes that came out the woodworks when Nipsey got killed.

Darkness's

Registered
Another couple:
-A rapper’s street legitimacy went out the window as a variable for their career when Rick Ross was outed as as a former CO and no one really blinked an eye because he’d had a couple of hit albums.

-Drake is not a top 10 rapper but will end up a top 10 rapper due to longevity. He shows no signs of slowing down, has been in the game 15+ years and still is an A-lister.
Everybody else turned a blind eye to Ross but we really don't fuck with him much down here . He moved to Georgia after GDs sprayed his rolls Royce on las olas blvd all them years ago .

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He doesn't get talked enough...imo

E. 1999 Eternal is their best street album.

Art of War is their best album musically. Some fans didn't like it because it was a big departure from what they were used to but I played the hell out of that album.

What's funny is that Bone had all of the concepts to the songs from COACU and Eternal before they met Eazy. It was until they did Art of War they had to come up concepts for the album.Krayzie was the main contributor for the Art of War album and you can easily tell because it was more laid back than the last two albums.

^^^^

This is the info I like. And I can co sign all that.

I remember I had an intern from Cleveland who LOVED that group. Knew everything about them. And schooled me on how they were really into ouiji boards and mystic stuff and their fame would come at price.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He doesn't get talked enough...imo

E. 1999 Eternal is their best street album.

Art of War is their best album musically. Some fans didn't like it because it was a big departure from what they were used to but I played the hell out of that album.

What's funny is that Bone had all of the concepts to the songs from COACU and Eternal before they met Eazy. It was until they did Art of War they had to come up concepts for the album.Krayzie was the main contributor for the Art of War album and you can easily tell because it was more laid back than the last two albums.

Bone is still one of those legendary groups that is for some reason still not fully embraced appreciated and respected by most fans of hip hop

Z MONSTER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Funk Master Flex mix tapes were garbage. There were DJs at other stations who did better in live late night mixes.
Lil Wayne is garbage. It's like someone taught a retard how to rap. Rap really got dumb down when he became king.
Gucci Mane was just ignorant, it was like he was trolling us.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So this Scar Lip thing?

We really rocking with it huh?

Peace to her and I respect the DMX ONYX homage.

But I'm gonna need to hear more.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I mean this as a rapper….the business side I believe he’s solid

I understood your original post

And I still hold the same stance.

As an MC he is definitely an acquired taste (like Mach Hommy) but I really like his style and his ear for beats is ridiculous

His HWH series to me is flawless

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
^^^^

This is the info I like. And I can co sign all that.

I remember I had an intern from Cleveland who LOVED that group. Knew everything about them. And schooled me on how they were really into ouiji boards and mystic stuff and their fame would come at price.

People take shit like the Ouija board,tarot cards,astrology and etc...way too seriously...imo

Bone is still one of those legendary groups that is for some reason still not fully embraced appreciated and respected by most fans of hip hop

Which makes no sense because alot of these rappers that's popular now are doing the shit Bone were doing in their heyday.

Hell,you got an entire generation people that's praising Migos for their style but Bone and 36 did it before them and a better job than them..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
People take shit like the Ouija board,tarot cards,astrology and etc...way too seriously...imo

Which makes no sense because alot of these rappers that's popular now are doing the shit Bone were doing in their heyday.

Hell,you got an entire generation people that's praising Migos for their style but Bone and 36 did it before them and a better job than them..

I am NOT in the position to comment either way but there interviews where members of Bone and Three Six both talk about and take that sh*t seriously. But I don't even like to entertain that stuff.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They had their hits and got thier props but that style and flow got to be a bit much after a while... :dunno: :dunno:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I do not want to get into a debate of who invented started or popularized that triplet harmonizing style.

Shout out Twista, Treach, Buckshot and all the other legends.

I seen actual fist fights break out because of it.

I will just say Bones are MASTERS at that style and influenced the entire culture with their music.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They had their hits and got thier props but that style and flow got to be a bit much after a while... :dunno: :dunno:

Again subjective. But trust me I get it.

Especially if you couldn't understand what they were saying, cause initially I could NOT.

But thankfully a Cleveland kid schooled me. And I really learned to appreciate it.

Especially after a WHOLE lot of folks tried to jack it.

And this was BEFORE streaming and they DOMINATED radio (and video)...

and MOST IMPORTANTLY not just hip hop formats

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
facts on facts on facts

Word to Uncle Charles

Them and DMX were in heavy heavy rotation when I was young...lol..You couldn't tell me to listen to anything else unless it was Michael Jackson or some old school music.

My classmates always fuck with me because I had a huge fro just like them.

Being from Cleveland,the city always gave them love and still do. I hope their last album does great.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's difficult for me to take that seriously when Gipp ain't been gropping no classic verses like that during and since

And I'm a Goodie fan.

If someone allegedly TOOK your style?

TAKE it back.
Subject matter. Fashion. That all came from Gipp. Gipp was an Alien before it was cool. 3000 was on some regular pimp/player shit on the first record. Then he came outerspace.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Subject matter. Fashion. That all came from Gipp. Gipp was an Alien before it was cool. 3000 was on some regular pimp/player shit on the first record. Then he came outerspace.

Like I said I gotta listen again but I honestly don't hear it.

Sometimes people can just do something BETTER. You can call it stealing or jacking

But it doesn't do anything to Andre as a legend.

I would LOVE to hear what the rest of the Dungeon Family thinks in fact hold on I actually might know someone who could settle this who KNOWS these parties personally.