What unpopular opinions do you have? Hip-Hop/Rap edition

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

seriously guys? I didn't realize I had to be super specific

If they sounded as good and unique as the legends you just posted?

We wouldn't have any problems

They (and by they I mean this very specific large group of Marshall Mathers sound alike copies) are specifically Em clones that is entirely my point

And more importantly

you can't make that list and leave off Jaz O

You just can't do that.

But I'm NOT talking about those rap pioneers of the style. Because as 8s my whole point... They don't ALL SOUND THE SAME.

It's the Em nasal over annunciation multi layered rhyme with a rhyme polysyllabic flow I'm talking about

Last edited:

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Weekend album listening gave me a few more additions:

- I don’t think Hit Boy’s beats are that good. They are ok, but inconsistent. That said, Magic 3 is fantastic.

- “Am I My Brother’s Keeper” by Kane and Able was a pretty good album, maybe a top 10 release from the No Limit roster?

- “Charge it to the Game” by Silkk the Shocker is a terrible album, by one on hip-hop’s all-time worst rappers, yet gave us “You Ain’t Gotta Lie to Kick It”, one of hip-hop’s, and life’s, truest songs.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

- I don’t think Hit Boy’s beats are that good. They are ok, but inconsistent. That said, Magic 3 is fantastic.

I agree and disagree

His beats in TOTAL are great.

But I don't feel the beats he has given Nas throughout this experiment have been consistent enough for 2 trilogies.

I would have rathered cherry picking and giving us ONE trilogy of all hit boy beats.

Magic 3 was really good I have to listen a few more times before I would personally label it fantastic

Last edited:
Reactions: cnc

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

- “Am I My Brother’s Keeper” by Kane and Able was a pretty good album, maybe a top 10 release from the No Limit roster?

I feel like this is probably true, but the no limit catalog is so damn big I would need a long time to before I could say that definitively.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
seriously guys? I didn't realize I had to be super specific

If they sounded as good and unique as the legends you just posted?

We wouldn't have any problems

They (and by they I mean this very specific large group of Marshall Mathers sound alike copies) are specifically Em clones that is entirely my point

And more importantly

you can't make that list and leave off Jaz O

You just can't do that.

But I'm NOT talking about those rap pioneers of the style. Because as 8s my whole point... They don't ALL SOUND THE SAME.

It's the Em nasal over annunciation multi layered rhyme with a rhyme polysyllabic flow I'm talking about

If,anyone that gets left off the fast rapping style it's the guy that created it....Kool Moe Dee or at least the Treacherous Three..

Fresh1911

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Illest collaborations.

1. Brooklyn's finest. (J and Big)
2. Fast life (Nas & G Rap)
3. Da Rocwilder (Red and Meth)
4. Aston Martin music (Drake and Ross).
5. Broken Language (Smoothe da Hustler Trigga da gamble )

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Illest collaborations.

1. Brooklyn's finest. (J and Big)
2. Fast life (Nas & G Rap)
3. Da Rocwilder (Red and Meth)
4. Aston Martin music (Drake and Ross).
5. Broken Language (Smoothe da Hustler Trigga da gamble )

Good list...

You mean only 2 rappers but NOT duo?

You can't have a list like that without

Life's a b*tch
The What
We Gon Make It
Deep Cover / Twins
Success

Anything Ghost & Rae and how high should be on there. Couple of records off Watch the Throne.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All dead rappers end up on the GOAT list.
2J1.gif

*coughnipseyhustlecough*

the greatest rapper most people didn't know existed until after he died... :dunno: :dunno: