What unpopular opinions do you have? Hip-Hop/Rap edition

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Yoooooo

I am STILL confused how we let ALL that bullsh*t go.

He went Serena husband and Megan too

And the response was MINIMUM.

But again that's THE PUBLIC'S fault we gotta take responsibility

We been letting NOT ONLY DRAKE slide with a whole lot of bullsh*t

If we cleaning house?

Let's clean the whole house.

I thought it was a joke until someone told me it was real...She releases an album every couple of years and stay low key for the most part...unless,she does an interview.

She one of my favorite jazz artists and still baffled how Drake's peers didn't come at him for that shit..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I thought it was a joke until someone told me it was real...She releases an album every couple of years and stay low key for the most part...unless,she does an interview.

She one of my favorite jazz artists and still baffled how Drake's peers didn't come at him for that shit..

It don't make sense.

Unless it's something serious we don't know about

But even then?

Nah that ain't right

Sidebar: I'm sure someone gonna hit me with Eminem dissing all them women back in the day.

It was corny back in the day too

Just cause we USED to do something doesn't make it right to KEEP doing it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

So, he applauded Cole for looking at the bigger picture. “What we’ve yet to see is somebody nip that in the bud, right? That’s what I felt like he was in effect doing. I felt like it just showed humility, nobility and a sense of elevation that you don’t see too often across the board.” He then added, “When the plane’s going down, you gotta situate your own oxygen mask first. He’s been on a trajectory of just that, self-revelation, and investing in himself. His mind, spirit, body, soul, music, everything is better for it.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I have a few thoughts on this song this video and Donald Glover Childish Gambino especially via Drake

jremi

Rising Star
Registered
Reasonable Doubt was not even a top 5 Album in 1996

Atliens
The Score
All Eyez on Me
It Was Written
Hell on Earth

Throw in , Illadelphia Halflife and Muddy Waters.

Saying it is a top 5 or 10 album all time is blasphemy, and an attempt to change the narrative by the gatekeepers.

I've been telling niggas this shit for years. Reasonable Doubt was mid as fuck considered with the quality that was out at the time.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kendrick vs Drake

Do you think the way this ALL went nuclear and the totality of the fallout remains uncertain...

could this CHANGE ALL RAP BEEFS going forward?

Will this lead to more WWE fake battles?

Or will this SCARE off many rappers not willing to risk this going too far and permanently damaging their careers?

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
It don't make sense.

Unless it's something serious we don't know about

But even then?

Nah that ain't right

Sidebar: I'm sure someone gonna hit me with Eminem dissing all them women back in the day.

It was corny back in the day too

Just cause we USED to do something doesn't make it right to KEEP doing it.

Drake dissed her because she won new artist of the year over him. This was over a decade ago. You gotta be a real piece of shit to feel some type of way over something so dumb.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

this is what passing down culture looks like.

in its original form...unchanged because thats what was done to build up those people. Its how they passed their history to the next generation.

hip hop culture has been altered and manipulated in so many ways that the thing that was created as an alternative to negativity is now promoting negativity/profanity/vulgarity/criminal behavior. The "artists" into those things use that because its easier for them than it would be to promote the original purpose.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster