Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Reasonable Doubt was not even a top 5 Album in 1996

Atliens
The Score
All Eyez on Me
It Was Written
Hell on Earth

Throw in , Illadelphia Halflife and Muddy Waters.

Saying it is a top 5 or 10 album all time is blasphemy, and an attempt to change the narrative by the gatekeepers.

Makaveli was the GOAT album of 1996/all time,
But I'm gon let you cook

;):cool:

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
6 of the ten are strippers or come off like strippers...take away the pussy raps and who are they??

Cardi B Says It's 'So Annoying' to Record Clean Versions of Her Songs: 'Sounds Like Kidz Bop'
"I was so over it," said the rapper of making a swear-free version of recent Megan Thee Stallion collaboration "Bongos"

By Jack Irvin Published on September 28, 2023 02:40PM EDT

Word to the wise — don't censor Cardi B.

In a new appearance on the YouTube series Hot Ones, the Grammy-winning rapper got real about how "annoying" it can be to record clean versions of her songs that are appropriate to be played on pop radio.

"So annoying," said Cardi, 30, before recalling the recording process for the clean version of her recent single "Bongos" with Megan Thee Stallion. "I just did it practically two weeks ago, and I was so over it because it’s like — you know, my new song, I be like, ’N---- eat this ass like a plum’.”

Of course, those lyrics were not deemed acceptable. "I’m doing the clean version, and it’s like, ‘Baby, eat it up like a plum,’ and it’s like, ‘No, you still can’t play that for pop radio’ or whatever," she continued.

Eventually, Cardi figured out how to make the lyrics more suitable for all ages — but she wasn't happy about it. "I’m like, ‘Baby, eat these peaches and plums,’ and I was so over it," she said.

"That sounds so corny, like that sounds like Kidz Bop," added the "Bodak Yellow" performer, "but I have no choice, so, 'Baby, eat these peaches and plums.'"

Cardi doesn't seem to hold any shame over her often-vulger lyrics. Upon the release of her and Megan's first collaboration, 2020's "WAP," she spoke to Australian radio show The Kyle and Jackie O Show about claims the song was overly explicit within the context of the hip-hop and rap genre.

"The people that the song bothers are usually conservatives or really religious people, but my thing is I grew up listening to this type of music," explained Cardi at the time. "Other people might think it's strange and vulgar, but to me it's almost like really normal, you know what I'm saying?"

Cardi, who shares 5-year-old daughter Kulture Kiari with her rapper husband Offset, said she wouldn't let her then-toddler jam out to "WAP," but added that that should go without saying since her music is for grownups.

"No, of course I don't want my child to listen to this song and everything — but it's for adults," she said.

Given the way "WAP" shot to the top of the charts, enjoying the No. 1 spot upon its debut, Cardi thinks the subject matter is of interest.

"You wanna know something? It's what people wanna hear. If people didn't wanna hear it, if they were so afraid to hear it, it wouldn't be doing as good," said Cardi, who joked that it was "really hard" to rework the single into a radio-approved clean version.
I'd really love to hear some parents perspective of the following opinion....

Cleaned up versions of explicit songs, especially in hip-hop was an industry idea to sell sex to kids.

They'll all claim that radio friendly version is to boost the sales and marketability of the song/artist, but that a half lie. And all good lies have a nugget of truth buried inside.

I'm in NO WAY blaming Cardi B for the shit, cause the industry has been finding ways to sell sex to kids since at least the 50s. However, hearing little girls singing Wet & Gushy makes my skin crawl.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Cleaned up versions of explicit songs, especially in hip-hop was an industry idea to sell sex to kids.

They'll all claim that radio friendly version is to boost the sales and marketability of the song/artist, but that a half lie. And all good lies have a nugget of truth buried inside.

I'm in NO WAY blaming Cardi B for the shit, cause the industry has been finding ways to sell sex to kids since at least the 50s. However, hearing little girls singing Wet & Gushy makes my skin crawl.

I NEVER thought of that way fam...

I'm gonna need a minute

But you make some very very interesting points.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Devil's advocate to a degree....

You don't think kids listen to r&b songs?? As kids we listened to all those songs in the 70s and 80s before they got really explicit trying to keep up with rappers.

How many songs talking about making love all night long to the break of dawn did you hear at 10 years old?

Cardis brand is raw explicit sex....it's what she leans into....the problem is a song called WET ASS PUSSY was number one on the mainstream chart... that's across the board. Kids arr exposed to it simple because it's dominating airplay on radio, streams and social media.

What can we do to safeguard kids childhood outside of making some watered down version that plays on metaphors rather than the straight raw lyric

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Why I even watch that?

okay this is officially the end days. These fools need to stop now. Enough bullsh*t breakdown videos with false information.

Everyone wants to be Kendrick without doing the work.

Its a great song that's enough

now this is embarrassing.

these new Kendrick fans acting worse than the Drake fans they claim to hate so much

don't tell no lies about me I won't tell the truth about you

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
-The Drake beef has saved Kendrick from becoming overly commercialized. He’s going to get a Grammy for “Not Like Us” based off the strength of that song and the lyrics and beat being a MONSTER, and not just because white America has coined him “witty, complex, alternative” or whatever description they apply to make him a “safe negro” for the masses. Dude was always a good MC but his last album was trash imo yet got praised like it was some masterpiece.

Speaking of the West Coast still…..

-the reason the game wasn’t part of the West Coast contingent at the concert is simple to me. The Game was never a great rapper and never felt like a true West Coast MC in the vein of those that came before him and a few since. Dude was, IMO, basically planted to try and “revive” west coast rap as it’d been dead for a while while the south took over as hip-hop’s premier region. His lyrics always felt like someone who had fairly tales of being a California gangsta. JMHO.