What unpopular opinions do you have? Hip-Hop/Rap edition

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
- How Noreaga carried the water on ‘The War Report’ is legendary. Capone was locked up and barely contributed. NORE basically created a classic album on his own.
Tragedy was what that was about because before Nore he had been working with Capone but couldn't get him signed because he rapped like Nas so he worked with Nore with Capones blessing who was just ok but Trag helped him rap like he was from Queens Bridge without sounding like anyone else because you had,capone,nas,Nature,Lakey,mega,mobb and the rest of them dudes.
Trag stayed off of drugs and out of jail long enough to see CNN get signed while Capone was locked up the whole time but it blew up.....Like Trag said Capone and Nore were his babies and it worked.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think the fact Snoop has openly admitted to using ghost writers recently he wouldn't argue with you much on that one.

When he joined No Limit, that’s when it made sense to me. Just about everything he was featured in the 2000s pretty much certified who he was going to be and still is today.

Nothing wrong with. Characters and persona is part of being a rapper.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
200w.gif

this thread has been a bane on my existence since it was created

damn op to hell

I lost my mom recently and honestly the responses in here might actually hurt just as much.

and thanks OP for ruining my birthday week.

Man, I don’t know if I should laugh and console you here. The conflicting is real.

RIP to Ma’Dukes.

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
- ‘Ether’ saved Nas’ career

- Five best white rappers not named Eminem, in no particular order, El-P, G-Eazy, MC Search, Paul Wall, RA the Rugged Man.

- B-Real from Cypress Hill is the best Latino rapper ever not named Big Pun. Others in the convo, Immortal Technique, Chino XL, Noreaga, Juelz Santana

- Tha Alkaholics are an underrated West Coast group, they made good music.

- Fat Joe is overrated.

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
- “What the Game Made Me” from the ‘I Got the Hook-Ups’ soundtrack by Jay-Z featuring Memphis Bleek contains what are, imo, some of the best bars of Bleek’s career.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
200w.gif

this thread has been a bane on my existence since it was created

damn op to hell

I lost my mom recently and honestly the responses in here might actually hurt just as much.

and thanks OP for ruining my birthday week.
:oops: dude you gotta be kidding me :giggle:

why is what UNPOPULAR OPINIONS so triggering to cats????

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:oops: dude you gotta be kidding me :giggle:

why is what UNPOPULAR OPINIONS so triggering to cats????

Unpopular is not the same as lazy and uninformed.

When a basic Google search can make an "opinion" completely irrelevant?

It ceases being an opinion

And it's hot take trolling

Same as these bullsh*t magazine hip hop lists.

I LOVE a debate but a lot of this stuff is just a series of random keystrokes.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

- Five best white rappers not named Eminem, in no particular order, El-P, G-Eazy, MC Search, Paul Wall, RA the Rugged Man.

- B-Real from Cypress Hill is the best Latino rapper ever not named Big Pun. Others in the convo, Immortal Technique, Chino XL, Noreaga, Juelz Santana

- Fat Joe is overrated.

man I used to hate EL-P back in the Funcrusher days......somewhere it just clicked and I started fuckin wit him. Thats a pretty decent list, aside from G-Eazy and I like him

Juelz is latino?????

Hell yeah about the Alks.....always thought Tash coulda been a star

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unpopular is not the same as lazy and uninformed.

When a basic Google search can make an "opinion" completely irrelevant?

It ceases being an opinion

And it's hot take trolling

Same as these bullsh*t magazine hip hop lists.

I LOVE a debate but a lot of this stuff is just a series of random keystrokes.

you know the deal homie...opinions are like assholes...

but instead of trying to convince people their opinion is wrong.....post your own unpopular opinion and lets see hw it far it flies?

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
- How Noreaga carried the water on ‘The War Report’ is legendary. Capone was locked up and barely contributed. NORE basically created a classic album on his own.

- Big Tigga was fuckin wack.

-Common’s only two good album were Can I Borrow a Dollar and One Day It’ll All Make Sense. That said, “The Bitch in Yoo” is maybe the greatest diss song every.

- Mase was never good.

- Cappadonna was a better MC than U-God and should’ve replaced him in the WTC.

- Swizz Beatz, in his golden era, sucked. Style was redundant and repetitive. Made him rich though, so wtf do I know……

- Trina is extremely underrated and was a more talented MC than most of the women, including Lil Kim, of her era.

- Ludacris is underrated as fuck.

- Straight from the DEC by Ghetto Mafia was a great album to listen to while high.
Yeah I will never understand the Styles hype. Trina best verse is on Nan Nigga
.....that's it. I have yet to meet any female that's a Trina fan

Reactions: cnc

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:lol:

:lol: @ NJ rap the step-child of NYC rap.

Yeah, female rappers are tough to listen to, but I was bumping Nikki D last night, and she was pretty good. She was a hard sell with Queen and Moni Love rocking the scenes. You know hip-hop can't simultaneously have more than one or two black female rappers.

Without question.

Meteor Man >>> Black Panther for me

But I am biased. Production-wise Meteor Man isn't close, but Blank Panther will age the same way Meteor Man did.
Meteor Man? Yeah you're def trolling.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member

- Fat Joe is overrated.
Action Bronson should be in the discussion as an all-time white rapper.

Agreed with Fat Joe. If Pun didn’t die, Fat Joe wouldn’t be what he ultimately became. Same with Big L and Jay-Z.

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
Action Bronson should be in the discussion as an all-time white rapper.

Agreed with Fat Joe. If Pun didn’t die, Fat Joe wouldn’t be what he ultimately became. Same with Big L and Jay-Z.
Forgot about Action Bronson, that’s a great add. He’s nice as hell.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
-I never liked Method man,he's always just been average on his own but all of his songs execept his first solo song I could listen to but I'm not check em out on my own.
-Lloyd Banks was the weakest in G-unit....I'll skip over his shit
-Craig Mack was dope and diddy should of pushed him more
-I never liked Kool G rap,not one song
-The neptunes as producers are overrated
-Dancing needs to make its way back into the culture some how some way besides twerking
-Jermain Dupri is a rip off artist by just copying whatevers hot be it sound and artist.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

- Fat Joe is overrated.
Fabolous is the best hispanic rapper.

• Wow

Z MONSTER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Biggie is not in the top 50. NYC rallied around him and tried to make him the king because the West Coast was kicking their ass in the rap game.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

- Fat Joe is overrated.

My homie thinks Im crazy when I say this....

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

- Fat Joe is overrated.
That white list is bullshit if macklemore isn't on it!

:giggle: