What unpopular opinions do you have? Hip-Hop/Rap edition

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
- ‘Ether’ saved Nas’ career

- Five best white rappers not named Eminem, in no particular order, El-P, G-Eazy, MC Search, Paul Wall, RA the Rugged Man.

- B-Real from Cypress Hill is the best Latino rapper ever not named Big Pun. Others in the convo, Immortal Technique, Chino XL, Noreaga, Juelz Santana

- Tha Alkaholics are an underrated West Coast group, they made good music.

- Fat Joe is overrated.

This ain't opinion this is fact

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
- ‘Ether’ saved Nas’ career

- Five best white rappers not named Eminem, in no particular order, El-P, G-Eazy, MC Search, Paul Wall, RA the Rugged Man.

- B-Real from Cypress Hill is the best Latino rapper ever not named Big Pun. Others in the convo, Immortal Technique, Chino XL, Noreaga, Juelz Santana

- Tha Alkaholics are an underrated West Coast group, they made good music.

- Fat Joe is overrated.

You right but ummm

If you counting Juelz as Dominican than Fab is one of the greatest Latino or not.

And Joel Ortiz is definitely top on that list top. Lloyd Banks too.

shout out Bodega Bamz

AZ!

And Beatnuts

Hold on Dres!

And OF COURSE TONY TOUCH.

Last edited:

BornJamerican

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t like most of J. Coles music on his own. I like his verses when he does features. Most of his music on his own does nothing for me. :sad:
A lot of people got mad at me for this take
giphy.gif

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'll give a popular opinion that no one wants to say outloud. Jay Z was and is a horrible MC. He can make great beats but can't flow for shit.

I had a friend in college tell me that Project Pat was better than Jay-Z. I guess it all comes down to perspective, but i've always been partial to new york sound. I've listened to jay a lot more than project pat but to each their own i guess :dunno:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Cardi B is undefeated in these guest verses

Closest was Latto

But Cardi can rap Latto too.

And all these clones keep getting worse and worse

BUT TO BE CLEAR

you CANNOT be up here clutching pearls about these ratchet girl rappers

if the crack dealing women beating pimp kicking pregnant women in their belly hating dark skin women ho and b*tch calling pill popping gangsta thug pimp drug dealing lil drill music rappers didn't bother you.

NOPE.

That sh*t was going on FAR LONGER and caused much more headaches and left way too many scars and exists way to.much today to conveniently SKIP OVER THAT SH*T to attack the girls.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ice Spice amuses the f*ck out of me.

She says the exact same things on every single track

But those beats are insane and perfectly tailored for her and each one can stand on its own.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Everyone hates Eminem & Drake

But SOMEBODY bought all those records

And funny cause a whole lot if rappers stole they style too.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1da2c4a29d896a952209e01eb7ece1568eac842f6acd767054b07d06a0548dcd-rimg-w642-h329-gmir.jpg

in light of 50 years of something most thought was fad 50 years ago....

whats your HONEST UNPOPULAR OPINION of the genre and artists??

- Tupac and Biggie were waaay overrated with a lot of dead credit.

ISNT 50YRS OF THE SAME TYPE OF MUSIC, A LITTLE TOO MUCH?? EITHER WE HAVE LOST OUR CREATIVE EDGE OR THIS CORPORATION HAS FOUND THE TYPE OF MUSIC THEY ARE ABLE TO MANIPULATE THE MASSES???

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Cardi B is undefeated in these guest verses

Closest was Latto

But Cardi can rap Latto too.

And all these clones keep getting worse and worse

BUT TO BE CLEAR

you CANNOT be up here clutching pearls about these ratchet girl rappers

if the crack dealing women beating pimp kicking pregnant women in their belly hating dark skin women ho and b*tch calling pill popping gangsta thug pimp drug dealing lil drill music rappers didn't bother you.

NOPE.

That sh*t was going on FAR LONGER and caused much more headaches and left way too many scars and exists way to.much today to conveniently SKIP OVER THAT SH*T to attack the girls.

I agree with the clutching pearls part

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ISNT 50YRS OF THE SAME TYPE OF MUSIC, A LITTLE TOO MUCH?? EITHER WE HAVE LOST OUR CREATIVE EDGE OR THIS CORPORATION HAS FOUND THE TYPE OF MUSIC THEY ARE ABLE TO MANIPULATE THE MASSES???
hip-hop isnt the only music that we created thats lasted for decades and influences the world. Rock and Roll and Jazz being the other two. African American contribution to world culture and American culture is undeniable even tho there are many who try to deny to this day.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
hip-hop isnt the only music that we created thats lasted for decades and influences the world. Rock and Roll and Jazz being the other two. African American contribution to world culture and American culture is undeniable even tho there are many who try to deny to this day.

TRU, WE CREATED ALL FORMS OF MUSIC!! YOU THINK THESE EURO REJECTS CAME TO THIS COUNTRY AND ALL OF A SUDDEN STARTED INVENTING MUSIC AND ALL OTHER THINGS YOU SEE AROUND US???... BUT 50YRS OF THE SAME MUSIC GENRE???

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
TRU, WE CREATED ALL FORMS OF MUSIC!! YOU THINK THESE EURO REJECTS CAME TO THIS COUNTRY AND ALL OF A SUDDEN STARTED INVENTING MUSIC AND ALL OTHER THINGS YOU SEE AROUND US???... BUT 50YRS OF THE SAME MUSIC GENRE???
50 years is nothing homie...Symphonic music is 500 years old and a lot of that shit still packs a house today...

7 Eras of Classical Music
  • Medieval (c. 1150-c. 1400)
  • Renaissance (c. 1400-c. 1600)
  • Baroque (c. 1600-c. 1750)
  • Classical (c. 1750-c. 1830)
  • Early Romantic (c.1830-1860)
  • Late Romantic (c.1860-c.1920)
  • 20th and 21st century (c. 1920-present)

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Stupid hot take; unpopular opinion.

Drake is a top 10 artist. NOT MC, NOT rapper. But, artist.

I base this strictly on three factors.

1) The shit that he makes that’s heat, is HEAT.

2) Dude has been in the game what, 15+ years and not only hasn’t he slowed down or faded out as trends in hip-hop and fan bases have changed, he’s arguably as popular (or more), then when I thought he’d peak 5-7 years ago.

3) Still in high demand on features and by every artist, new or who’s looking to extend their 15. Get a Drake verse, get a hit, because dude doesn’t seem to put his name on any beats at this point that aren’t top tier.

He ain’t my cup of tea but I have to give credit and respect where due.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Stupid hot take; unpopular opinion.

Drake is a top 10 artist. NOT MC, NOT rapper. But, artist.

I base this strictly on three factors.

1) The shit that he makes that’s heat, is HEAT.

2) Dude has been in the game what, 15+ years and not only hasn’t he slowed down or faded out as trends in hip-hop and fan bases have changed, he’s arguably as popular (or more), then when I thought he’d peak 5-7 years ago.

3) Still in high demand on features and by every artist, new or who’s looking to extend their 15. Get a Drake verse, get a hit, because dude doesn’t seem to put his name on any beats at this point that aren’t top tier.

He ain’t my cup of tea but I have to give credit and respect where due.
What's crazy is I don't disagree with anything you said and yet I still couldn't name a single Drake song off the top of head.
I can think of dozens of features where Drake damn near steals someone's song. But his solo music just never clicked with me :dunno: