Will Biden Allow Another Dem To Challenge Trump? He has the lowest approval rating of the CENTURY for the start of a re-election year!

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fudged numbers

The majority of people who voted against Trump will vote again, his base has shrunk as well. After January 6th and those videos are played on repeat over and over again, most educated people will not vote for him
i mean where are those numbers coming from? lol. those who would do a better job percentages are just jacked up....lol. protecting democracy...43 -41....really lol. bottom line at the core trump has gotten worse and he hasn't made no significant gains. i'd say he's lost a lot with january 6th. hell whole lot are maga cause they loved ones are are really on the fence. they gonna cheer cause of family but come voting time they're not voting trump. he's lost the majority of all those who's been convicted and their families. trump again has burned a lot more bridges.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I call it the Biden curse, you talk about somebody age and you will be the one laying up in a hospital dying or having dimentia at 60 years old.

Physically: Let say President Biden needs help standing up or walking does that make him not fit to be President?

Mentally: If he forgets or confuses the name of the President of Mexico with Egypt and you remind him, than correct himself what is the issue? I saw the Israelis were elder abusing him, repeating their propaganda jingo of this is our 9/11 until I shut it down.

If he forgets his son death there should not be any shame at all. I call it mental assistance of the elderly. We use assistive devices all the time to remind us of appointments. It is when a person is completely bedridden or after reminding them of their error, they still don't understand what they did.

I think the issue with Biden is his low morality and antiquated racial practices which he has cleverly masked to appear more modern.

Last edited:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Thanks for sharing.

“No prominent Democrats have called for Biden to step aside and there's no known serious conservations about it.”— They would not be both known and serious.

“Meanwhile, then-interim DNC Chair Donna Brazile wrote in her memoir that she “nearly replaced" Hillary Clinton after the candidatecollapsed during a Sept. 11 memorial service, before ultimately concluding, “I could not make good on my threat to replace her.””— Don’t think I heard this one before.

“Biden has said he will remain in the race and there is no indication otherwise, but the only plausible scenario for Democrats to get a new nominee would be for Biden to decide to withdraw.

He could do so while serving out the remainder of his term in the White House, as Lyndon Johnson did in 1968.

If Biden were to drop out between now and August, it would most likely create a free-for-all at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago in August.

If Biden calls it quits before he wins the majority of the Democratic delegates, it likely wouldn't make a difference. Any new candidate who tried to enter the race would be unlikely to get on enough of the remaining ballots and therefore couldn't win enough delegates.

Ultimately the decision would likely come down to the convention delegates who were initially pledged to Biden.”— You should admit I was right and you were wrong, Camille. :cool:

Fantasy. The filing deadlines to run as dem or GOP has passed for most states. There is no way to get on the ballots other than a write in campaign.

People wanting to run as independents still have a chance. Biden isn't going anywhere.

It is not fantasy. If Biden and Harris died today, you think the Democrats won't run anyone in the general election?

He can step away and they will run someone.

As for the easiest mechanism, my understanding is that he can direct his delegates to vote for someone else at the convention.

“Direct” is technically too strong of a word but Democrats are sheep and if he says it is Harris’s turn, she will be the nominee.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
You should admit I was right and you were wrong, Camille. :cool:

We were both right. I said no one would be able to get on the ballots. You said there would be a mechanism if he were to pass or step down.

Biden is not going to withdraw. It would throw the party and process into chaos. Harris would not automatically be the POTUS pick if he were to die or withdraw, and the reason people are so concerned about Bidens age but not Trump is because they don't want a Black woman as POTUS.

Your best bet is to pray he wins, pray he survives the swearing in, and stop posting nonsense like this thread that may serve to depress votes.

Edit regarding known & serious: There are conversations like this on twitter that are known. They aren't being had by higher ups in the party.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I guess white supremacists are y'alls friends as long as ya'll share a common adversary

He's right though. The right would use the homeless situation and smash and grabs against him. The crime narrative was proven false, but people don't know that. Gavins best bet is to significantly turn around the homeless situation over the next few years.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
We were both right. I said no one would be able to get on the ballots. You said there would be a mechanism if he were to pass or step down.

The thread title asks "Will Biden Allow Another Dem To Challenge Trump" and you responded "Fantasy"... The convention is in 6 months-- I don't expect Biden to do the right thing but as the article you shared proves, the notion is not some impossible fantasy.

I don't want to belabor the point but I never suggested another candidate was going to beat Biden for the nomination, so nobody being able to get on the ballot is completely irrelevant. You were wrong. It's okay.

Biden is not going to withdraw. It would throw the party and process into chaos. Harris would not automatically be the POTUS pick if he were to die or withdraw, and the reason people are so concerned about Bidens age but not Trump is because they don't want a Black woman as POTUS.

That Donna Brazille flashback to Clinton's health incident September 2016 was helpful. I think it is too early to say what would throw the party and process into chaos. Biden looked good at the SOTU last year-- nobody expected him to have a string of incidents where he recounts talking to dead people.

Obviously, health reasons would be a legitimate reason to step down and anybody stating with certainty that Biden will even be alive in August is a fool. But speculating about health is a waste of time-- He could just as easily live to be 100. I can envision scenarios short of a major health event, though, where Harris presents a safer and less chaotic option.

the reason people are so concerned about Bidens age but not Trump is because they don't want a Black woman as POTUS.

Can we be real about this? Harris obviously gets unfair press because she's a black woman but Obama also did because he's a black man. The issue is that she's been a laughable figure as VP. I never imagined her image would be so bad. You can't just say it is because she is a black woman. A lot of Dems would be happy with her as a president but fear her as a candidate because they think she would lose.

Your best bet is to pray he wins, pray he survives the swearing in, and stop posting nonsense like this thread that may serve to depress votes.

Biden's campaign plans to spend $2 billion. Claiming my comrades from Russia swung the 2016 election with bots or that I could with threads on BGOL that get less that 2,000 views is absurd.

Last edited:

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
django-samuel.gif

"Please no! If Biden don't make it, we are gonna get Trump!"

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Easy to attack a headline with no context, harder to attack the facts. "He has travelled a lot in the last two weeks!" :rolleyes: Yeah, and done what?

From the article:

DEMS TO BIDEN: LEAVE THE BASEMENT — The fallout continues this morning from special counsel ROBERT HUR’s damning report depicting President JOE BIDEN as a doddering old man. To start with, Democratic officials are pushing for a series of tactical changes at the White House.

They want Biden to go on offense.

Unsurprisingly (and with good reason), Biden supporters
fret that Hur’s report will cement a narrative that’s already started to crystallize in the minds of millions of voters: that the president simply isn’t mentally sharp enough to handle another term. The only way to defeat it, they counsel, is by getting Biden out in front of a camera — not hiding him away.

No more sidestepping Super Bowl interviews or shying away from news conferences and interviews. Instead, the thinking goes, according to our colleague Myah Ward, the more Biden engages in unscripted commentary, the less likely people will be to obsess over his slip-ups.

“The president has to reassure and build confidence with the public by doing things that he has so far been unwilling to do convincingly,” the NYT editorial board writes. “He needs to be out campaigning with voters far more in unrehearsed interactions. He could undertake more town hall meetings in communities and on national television. He should hold regular news conferences to demonstrate his command of and direction for leading the country.”

As a reminder, Biden has engaged in 33 news conferences compared to BARACK OBAMA’s 66 and DONALD TRUMP’s 52 by this time in their presidencies. The NYT editorial board also points out that Biden has given only 86 interviews compared to Obama’s 422 and Trump’s 300.
--------------------------

Less than 1/3rd the interviews of Trump, less than 1/4th of Obama's. It is a very valid criticism. They are shielding the old man from press.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
The thread title asks "Will Biden Allow Another Dem To Challenge Trump" and you responded "Fantasy"... The convention is in 6 months-- I don't expect Biden to do the right think but as the article you shared proves, the notion is not some impossible fantasy.

I don't want to belabor the point but I never suggested another candidate was going to beat Biden for the nomination, so nobody being able to get on the ballot is completely irrelevant. You were wrong. It's okay.

That Donna Brazille flashback to Clinton's health incident September 2016 was helpful. I think it is too early to say what would throw the party and process into chaos. Biden looked good at the SOTU last year-- nobody expected him to have a string of incidents where he recounts talking to dead people.

Obviously, health reasons would be a legitimate reason to step down and anybody stating with certainty that Biden will even be alive in August is a fool. But speculating about health is a waste of time-- He could just as easily live to be 100. I can envision scenarios short of a major health event, though, where Harris presents a safer and less chaotic option.

Can we be real about this? Harris obviously gets unfair press because she's a black woman but Obama also did because he's a black man. The issue is that she's been a laughable figure as VP. I never imagined her image would be so bad. You can't just say it is because she is a black woman. A lot of Dems would be happy with her as a president but fear her as a candidate because they think she would lose.

Biden's campaign plans to spend $2 billion. Claiming my comrades from Russia swung the 2016 election with bots or that I could with threads on BGOL that get less that 2,000 views is absurd.

In relation to your headline of Biden stepping down on his own you are correct. It's still fantasy tho, imo. Bidens not going to do it and the chaos that would ensue would cause more harm than good.

Brazile's actions were less well known but the GOP tried to make hay out of it. I think they were even saying Clinton had a body double at one point. There were all sorts of hit pieces done on her health.

Harris is active and traveling all over the world. She doesn't get press for it on the US, so people can say she doesn't do anything. She is getting the same headlines. "Where is Harris?" Etc. Check their social media accounts and wh.gov tho. It's intentional how she is dismissed. There are several social media accounts who post her accomplishments because of this.

The Russians did swing the vote. We had people on BGOL parroting Russian talking points. One of the accounts I followed on twitter was tweeting mostly pro black info, but it was a Russian bot account that got suspended. They were boosting memes to scare white ppl with BLM telling them Clinton was going to give undeserving Black folks all sorts of resources that "belong" to them, and at the same time trying ton radicalize Black folks to violence. They even got to the point where offline events were organized. Black activists spoke of this at the time. They were mostly unsuccessful with Black ppl, but I post elsewhere and the memes hit home with a lot of white folks. Even now Black folks distrust of government is being used against us.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Easy to attack a headline with no context, harder to attack the facts. "He has travelled a lot in the last two weeks!" :rolleyes: Yeah, and done what?

From the article:

DEMS TO BIDEN: LEAVE THE BASEMENT — The fallout continues this morning from special counsel ROBERT HUR’s damning report depicting President JOE BIDEN as a doddering old man. To start with, Democratic officials are pushing for a series of tactical changes at the White House.

They want Biden to go on offense.

Unsurprisingly (and with good reason), Biden supporters
fret that Hur’s report will cement a narrative that’s already started to crystallize in the minds of millions of voters: that the president simply isn’t mentally sharp enough to handle another term. The only way to defeat it, they counsel, is by getting Biden out in front of a camera — not hiding him away.

No more sidestepping Super Bowl interviews or shying away from news conferences and interviews. Instead, the thinking goes, according to our colleague Myah Ward, the more Biden engages in unscripted commentary, the less likely people will be to obsess over his slip-ups.

“The president has to reassure and build confidence with the public by doing things that he has so far been unwilling to do convincingly,” the NYT editorial board writes. “He needs to be out campaigning with voters far more in unrehearsed interactions. He could undertake more town hall meetings in communities and on national television. He should hold regular news conferences to demonstrate his command of and direction for leading the country.”

As a reminder, Biden has engaged in 33 news conferences compared to BARACK OBAMA’s 66 and DONALD TRUMP’s 52 by this time in their presidencies. The NYT editorial board also points out that Biden has given only 86 interviews compared to Obama’s 422 and Trump’s 300.
--------------------------

Less than 1/3rd the interviews of Trump, less than 1/4th of Obama's. It is a very valid criticism. They are shielding the old man from press.

Many people don't read past headlines. That's the point.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Many people don't read past headlines. That's the point.

But it was a fair headline! Of course he doesn't literally just stay at the White House but he is much more cocooned than any other president this century has been!

Interviews-- Obama 422, Trump 300, Biden 86. That is SHAMEFUL.

Why is he not doing a Superbowl interview tomorrow? That's a great opportunity to reach regular people who don't pay attention to politics. Because they don't want people to see and hear him fucking up.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
But it was a fair headline! Of course he doesn't literally just stay at the White House but he is much more cocooned than any other president this century has been!

Interviews-- Obama 422, Trump 300, Biden 86. That is SHAMEFUL.

Why is he not doing a Superbowl interview tomorrow? That's a great opportunity to reach regular people who don't pay attention to politics. Because they don't want people to see and hear him fucking up.

It's not a fair comparison. Anytime Trump spoke there was media coverage hoping for a trainwreck or controversy. Everything Trump did, down to playing golf or insulting Black athletes, was covered in detail. He liked being on TV and hearing himself talk.

Obama had a lot of controversy also, from the Beer Summit and onwards. He was trying to get healthcare passed and did a nationwide tour to educate people about it. He basically had to sell the public on his ideas or answer all the accusations being thrown his way. He also got a lot of extra press being the first Black president and wanting his views on racially related news stories hoping for something salacious.

Biden came in when covid was still a thing. It was better not to travel or do face to face interviews. The ones he does do aren't usually covered. The bills he wanted were not radical ideas he needed to convince the public about, it was mostly trying to get congress in line. He isn't a scary Black man or an insane orange one. There isn't a lot of controversy. He's not tryng to get his administration to do illegal things that gets people's notice. His cabinet members and department heads aren't trying to destroy the agencies they lead. It's just competent governance and competent is boring.

I agree he should be more visible, I agree even that his age is a concern. The presidency is hard on a man, especially when they care about people. It is stressful and alone ages a man. Campaigning and travel is also hard.

I'm sure he'd rather retire but, IMO, there is currently no better option and Harris hasn't yet garnered the support she will need to succeed him. Harris isn't going to try to push him out or replace him unless he is ill or steps down because that would be seen as disloyal and the dem base would punish her.

If people wanted another challenger, the time to do it was well over a year ago. The ones who did want to challenge him either weren't serious or competent enough to get on ballots. Dean Phillips and Marianne Williamson both complained about not getting on ballots, but they missed the filing deadlines. The public isn't interested in them, either, but that's another story.

Even if Biden was failing, he has competent people in charge. Serious minds, people who actually care about service to this country. I'm not trying to survive 4 more years of Trump. People keep counting Biden out. The same people who said Biden wouldn't beat Trump the first time are back at it again. Hopefully he proves them wrong again.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Imagine rooting for the Lakers and calling everyone who says "to be competitive, we have to upgrade at point guard" a secret Celtics fan.

It’s because it’s so hard to support Biden on his actions. He has a past history of racist quotes, he pandered to Black folks in his campaign but didn’t do much for us during his presidency, he is messing up the Middle East conflict, and he is old and senile. Clearly he has reduced his presence as a president because his handlers are afraid of the risk of him revealing his ineptitude. All of this is hard to defend, so instead his supporters create a Strawman argument to put focus on how bad Trump is. Nobody on here is supporting Trump.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
It's not a fair comparison. Anytime Trump spoke there was media coverage hoping for a trainwreck or controversy. Everything Trump did, down to playing golf or insulting Black athletes, was covered in detail. He liked being on TV and hearing himself talk.

Obama had a lot of controversy also, from the Beer Summit and onwards. He was trying to get healthcare passed and did a nationwide tour to educate people about it. He basically had to sell the public on his ideas or answer all the accusations being thrown his way. He also got a lot of extra press being the first Black president and wanting his views on racially related news stories hoping for something salacious.

Biden came in when covid was still a thing. It was better not to travel or do face to face interviews. The ones he does do aren't usually covered. The bills he wanted were not radical ideas he needed to convince the public about, it was mostly trying to get congress in line. He isn't a scary Black man or an insane orange one. There isn't a lot of controversy. He's not tryng to get his administration to do illegal things that gets people's notice. His cabinet members and department heads aren't trying to destroy the agencies they lead. It's just competent governance and competent is boring.

I agree he should be more visible, I agree even that his age is a concern. The presidency is hard on a man, especially when they care about people. It is stressful and alone ages a man. Campaigning and travel is also hard.

I'm sure he'd rather retire but, IMO, there is currently no better option and Harris hasn't yet garnered the support she will need to succeed him. Harris isn't going to try to push him out or replace him unless he is ill or steps down because that would be seen as disloyal and the dem base would punish her.

If people wanted another challenger, the time to do it was well over a year ago. The ones who did want to challenge him either weren't serious or competent enough to get on ballots. Dean Phillips and Marianne Williamson both complained about not getting on ballots, but they missed the filing deadlines. The public isn't interested in them, either, but that's another story.

Even if Biden was failing, he has competent people in charge. Serious minds, people who actually care about service to this country. I'm not trying to survive 4 more years of Trump. People keep counting Biden out. The same people who said Biden wouldn't beat Trump the first time are back at it again. Hopefully he proves them wrong again.

Fully agree, especially with the bolded text. And also add that Obama served 8 years and so far Biden has only had four.

$^B

wannabe star
Registered
The problem with these discussions is that they don’t discuss voter turnout enough. Democrats historically take Generals when there is high turnout. Turnout is especially key in swing states. High turnout means voters in Detroit, Philly, Milwaukee, etc came out to vote Dem. This can and has swayed the electoral college.

The enthusiasm for Biden just isn’t there this time. To be real if George Floyd didn’t get murdered he likely wouldn’t even be President. This immigration issue is a massive problem. After years of Dems telling them to come and that their cities would take care of them, they came (some with help from Republican Governors). Now you’ve alienated a key demographic. It is being seen that their priorities are being ignored in favor of outsiders. People aren’t going to forget that. Especially after being constantly told to not ask for help because “it’s a process”.

Another thing that I’m recognizing is that the only large pockets of enthusiasm for Biden or even Dems coming from Black voters are from voters in red states and/or red cities. I’m sure it’s appreciated but the fact is they’re not living in the same reality as a voter in a NYC, Detroit, Chicago, Philly or blue cities. And Biden will not win their states.

If Biden and the Dems really want to win they are going to have to figure out a tangible to hand the Black community prior to the elections. I’m not talking about a holiday/day off from work or any other platitude. I’m talking about something that we can accept and say it’s made our day to day a little bit better.

The writing’s on the wall.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Imagine rooting for the Lakers and calling everyone who says "to be competitive, we have to upgrade at point guard" a secret Celtics fan.

Agreed, although in this case it's akin to saying the niners should switch their quarterback the day before the super bowl.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Agreed, although in this case it's akin to saying the niners should switch their quarterback the day before the super bowl.

You're deluding yourself, like you did with the "Obama had 8 years" excuse for the interview information which was clearly labeled as being at this point in each person's presidency.

The election is in 269 days. :hmm:

Biden was not even close to being the nominee at this point in 2020. There's plenty of time.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
What's going on in 2024 with unemployment and inflation?

Unemployment is lower, inflation is higher but dropping.
Much of the inflation is due to interrupted supply chains, the war in Ukraine (some countries have reduced exports to make sure they have product for home) and the pandemic. Trumps higher unemployment numbers were also affected by the pandemic.

Do you think Trump is a better leader than Biden?

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
You're deluding yourself, like you did with the "Obama had 8 years" excuse for the interview information which was clearly labeled as being at this point in each person's presidency.

The election is in 269 days. :hmm:

Biden was not even close to being the nominee at this point in 2020. There's plenty of time.

Who do you want to replace Biden?

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unemployment is lower, inflation is higher but dropping.
Much of the inflation is due to interrupted supply chains, the war in Ukraine (some countries have reduced exports to make sure they have product for home) and the pandemic. Trumps higher unemployment numbers were also affected by the pandemic.

Do you think Trump is a better leader than Biden?
I think both are shit and I don't consider either a leader, unless you think leadership is funding wars and genocide then Biden has him there