2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
About time they use Donta Foreman. He's a capable runner. Makes more sense to dress him out than Velus Jones who they use for like one play a game for a fucking end around. Like it ain't obvious he's probably getting the ball.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
About time they use Donta Foreman. He's a capable runner. Makes more sense to dress him out than Velus Jones who they use for like one play a game for a fucking end around. Like it ain't obvious he's probably getting the ball.
I think Velus is a gunner on special teams also. I have a radical idea. If the skillset to run downfield and cover kicks is similar to a db blitzing up the middle or off the edge,why not use Velus as an occasional blitzer?

Last edited:

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Bears fans, a question. If using time travel or whatever, we put Fields-at his current state of development on Ditka and Lovie's playoff teams,is the franchise still 1-1 in Super Bowls? Would we have won more or fewer?

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Bears fans, a question. If using time travel or whatever, we put Fields-at his current state of development on Ditka and Lovie's playoff teams,is the franchise still 1-1 in Super Bowls? Would we have won more or fewer?
Hard to say. Back in Ditka's era it was just a different league all together. The Lovie teams we were built to grind things out and play more to our defense. I remember Grossman's Achilles heel was the boneheaded turnover at inopportune times, but JF is good for a few of those too.

To answer your question I would have rather had JF no doubt, but not sure the outcomes would've been much different given the full picture at the time. I think we would've beaten the Colts if we had Mike Brown and Tommie Harris healthy though, regardless of the QB.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
1-1. The 85 team had Walter Payton and a dominant offensive line in additon to the defense which would keep the team in good field position. The Lovie team was prone to giving up drives but didn't give up points so the field position wouldn't be as good. If that team could withstand bad Rex in can possibly withstand an off game from Fields but that team would have to score and keep up with Indy and Fields would have to break some long runs for it to happen.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Great holding the ball alll fucking day and taking a unnecessary hit leads to a injury :smh:

He could've run or thrown to the back instead of trying to wait for a receiver

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
White boy had a chance to be the hero. :smh:
I look forward to Fields coming back so that he can take his rightful place on the bench. To think that some Bears fans called for him. Flores has been blitzing all game. Perfect situation for a defensive led win if Fields doesn't come back.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I just want W's and Lombardis. Don't care what race the qb is.

Yeah, but you know if he won this game the fans would have wanted Bagent as the starter

Preseason against the second and third team players is a lot different the regular season

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I have become conservative-football wise in my old age. We're there no routes on the 5-7 yard range on 4th and 3?

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Damn man, we were keeping it close in spite of Fields not looking his best. Credit to Flores because we didn't have consistent answer for the blitzing. We had a drive where we committed to the run and Flores dialed back the blitzing.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hmm Bagent looks like a deer in headlights
:(
hopefully Fields injury isnt too serious
and bagent he can settle down

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have become conservative-football wise in my old age. We're there no routes on the 5-7 yard range on 4th and 3?
If we did, the OC hasn't really called them at all today. Quick hitters (slant/hitch), a draw, a screen (no more), play action. These types of plays can slow down a blitz if you have the personnel and the OC and/or WB is timing the plays/audibles well. You use the defensive aggressiveness against them.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Y'all don't know how badly I miss the days when we had defenses that could get pick 6es or fumble returns for td's. Even when Mel Tucker was DC under Trestman we still could do it at times.

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Could've sworn I heard MC Eiht over the PA speakers. :lol:

The defense looks good. I know Jefferson is out but they are keeping the game semi close.

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm jaded as fuck. I am not expecting a win but I'll take it. Too many heart breakers in the past. I'm rooting for the Bears but not expecting a win if that makes sense.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I'm jaded as fuck. I am not expecting a win but I'll take it. Too many heart breakers in the past. I'm rooting for the Bears but not expecting a win if that makes sense.

This is how I'm going to feel the rest of the year now that we won a game

I just hope we have some improvement from our young players to build on for next year