2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

I wonder if some of this is coming from Eberfailure, Getsy and Poles putting this out there

Bagent didn't look that bad, but he didn't look good either.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

I wonder if some of this is coming from Eberfailure, Getsy and Poles putting this out there

Yeah, they better stay with Justin Fields. At least he could move around in the pocket a little bit.

Bluelaser

Rising Star
Registered
Collinsworth actually said that they will sit FIELDS down to show HIM some of Bagent’s throws. Wow.
That was so disrespectful and insulting to Fields.
Not all but a lot of the white radio listeners and local sports media in Chicago as well as national media such as NBC are acting as if Tyson Bagent is the second coming of Brock Purdy.

Last edited:

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

There's also the fact that Collingsworth has an inability to shut the fuck up for even a few seconds which is why he's grating.

Reactions: cnc

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I understand that this is a multi year rebuild but at some point you have to start building and stop letting talent go. Roquan, I can get to an extent.

This one though... idk. Guess it depends on what he is asking for. The team is shit so over paying is to be expected. Maybe this is just a negotiating tactic and cooler heads can prevail.

He wasn't getting picks but to be a respectable cover corner on a team with defensive line says a lot. Poles trading Johnson but keeping Velus on the roster and Flus keeping him active on game day sends a terrible message. Hopefully this can be worked out, but if not, Johnson is going to ball out if he goes to a team with a decent line and stays healthy. I don't see him being a shut down corner but easily respectable.

Corner and running back are the only clear positions of depth on this team.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I understand that this is a multi year rebuild but at some point you have to start building and stop letting talent go. Roquan, I can get to an extent.

This one though... idk. Guess it depends on what he is asking for. The team is shit so over paying is to be expected. Maybe this is just a negotiating tactic and cooler heads can prevail.

He wasn't getting picks but to be a respectable cover corner on a team with defensive line says a lot. Poles trading Johnson but keeping Velus on the roster and Flus keeping him active on game day sends a terrible message. Hopefully this can be worked out, but if not, Johnson is going to ball out if he goes to a team with a decent line and stays healthy. I don't see him being a shut down corner but easily respectable.

Also, who knows what's gonna happen with this staff? Maybe we get a new regime next season that actually uses his talents a little better. Depending on what we can actually get back in exchange via trade, might as well hold onto him and let the season play out instead.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I like him, but he's injury prone and has three interceptions for his career

He's not worth $15 mil IMO
I feel you, $15M/ year seems like a lot. But what would his replacement look like? Do we pay another vet near that amount to fill the hole or go young at both corners?

I already have PTSD from the Stevenson experience so far this year that dude can't cover for shit :smh:

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
I feel you, $15M/ year seems like a lot. But what would his replacement look like? Do we pay another vet near that amount to fill the hole or go young at both corners?

I already have PTSD from the Stevenson experience so far this year that dude can't cover for shit :smh:
With a. Proper pass rush

You can have any corners

Especially not a 15 mill corner

Fuck that

Corners are the new running backs.

U can find them anywhere.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

I get what you're saying and I think that he's a good player but depending on what he's asking for he may not be worth it.
Also he's been hurt and they may have liked enough of Terrell Smith to feel comfortable letting him go particularly if they get decent draft capital. It may allow them to trade a pick for a pass rusher.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
With a. Proper pass rush

You can have any corners

Especially not a 15 mill corner

Fuck that

Corners are the new running backs.

U can find them anywhere.
True: WITH a pass rush. Number one need right there. But they knew that last offseason and still couldn't get a decent line together and here we are.

It's crazy they gonna tell us how vital rushing the QB with the front 4 is, then not do anything substantial about it. This dudes defense is so predicated on having monsters up front but they thought they could make it work with average talent :smh:

My thing is you either go get KILLERS at DE/DT, or you rethink your system and bring more blitzes consistently. But you GOT to hit the QB early and often one way or the other. We let the other teams QBs get way too comfortable for most of the game.

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member

And it’s been that way for quite a few years, with LB too in the Roquan years. Pace set this franchise back YEARS.

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Fair amount of miles on him to give up a 2nd rounder for IMO.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chicago has the most salary cap next year so they got to spend it. Would like to hear Pooles reasoning, but it does help that DL some.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Chicago has the most salary cap next year so they got to spend it. Would like to hear Pooles reasoning, but it does help that DL some.
He'll speak at some point soon (Poles). I'll wait and see how Sweat plays before making any judgments. Our pass rush is but a whisper, so fuck it: welcomed aboard MS!

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
IMO they gave up too much for a player who they're going to have to pay at the end of the season

I wonder what they wanted to Chase Young
Yeah bruh a 2nd round pick for someone you have to pay big money for. Why not just wait til the end of the season and go after them in free agency. A 2nd round from the Bears will be a high pick. Washington will not be able to sign Sweat and Chase Young. I don't get giving up a 2nd round pick. My honeymoon period is over for Poles. I have no problem with them getting Sweat but what they gave up though... Smh!

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
IMO they gave up too much for a player who they're going to have to pay at the end of the season

I wonder what they wanted to Chase Young
They need to be negotiating an extension right now with Sweat.
I heard that Washington wanted a 2nd round pick for Chase Young. Supposedly Sweat is the better run defender of the 2 on top of his sack totals

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Poles is on the fucking clock

First Claypool

and now this

Chase Young got Washington a third, which will be a late third

We gave up a second, which is a early second in the 30's

He didn't learn from the Claypool situation

Sweat isn't going to improve us this year, so you need to add to him.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
and now this

Chase Young got Washington a third, which will be a late third

james-franco-wait-what.gif

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
San Fran traded for Chase Young with a third, so it's going to be a late third

Our pick is going to be like 50 picks higher than that San Fran pick
Got it. I was reacting to the specifics. I thought WAS would keep one of the two but guess not.

I'm hearing Young's knee injury lowered his value which would make sense. Time will tell though.