2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I like some of the moves Poles has made, but the few that have gone upside down are def amplified.
I'm still willing to see how Sweat actually performs, and what Poles does with another offseason of Free Agency and the two 1st Rd picks in this years draft.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah bruh a 2nd round pick for someone you have to pay big money for. Why not just wait til the end of the season and go after them in free agency. A 2nd round from the Bears will be a high pick. Washington will not be able to sign Sweat and Chase Young. I don't get giving up a 2nd round pick. My honeymoon period is over for Poles. I have no problem with them getting Sweat but what they gave up though... Smh!
No competition or bidding war this way.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I don’t mind getting Sweat, I just think it should have been a third or you don’t do it. Our second is too high. True he’s better than what you could draft, but he’s not one of the best at his position in the league. He’s just a good player. Plus he’s not under contract after this year. Claypool was.

That’s why everyone is saying we’re losers today.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Maybe this is why they didn't want Chase Young

According to Michael Silver of the San Francisco Chronicle, Young was viewed within the Commanders organization as being an “undisciplined” player. That is likely why Washington chose not to pick up the $17.4 million fifth-year option on Young’s rookie contract and did not make an effort to sign him to an extension.

“Young, according to several Commanders coaches and other organizational sources, was viewed as an undisciplined player who developed bad habits such as deviating from assignments in an effort to make splash plays,” Silver wrote on Tuesday. “His off-the-field priorities and commitment to his craft were often questioned, and he was viewed internally as a player who plateaued as a rookie.”

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

WTF are the coaches doing?
Chicago Bears running backs coach David Walker was fired Tuesday over his behavior in the workplace, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The Bears' human resources department was involved in the decision, which the team has not yet announced.

A source told ESPN that Walker had previously been reprimanded by Bears HR for his workplace behavior and that a second such instance led to his firing.

Last edited:

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Chicago Bears running backs coach David Walker was fired Tuesday over his behavior in the workplace, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The Bears' human resources department was involved in the decision, which the team has not yet announced.

A source told ESPN that Walker had previously been reprimanded by Bears HR for his workplace behavior and that a second such instance led to his firing.
He was fucking with the lady interns

Smfh

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Dudes are risking it all :smh:

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t mind getting Sweat, I just think it should have been a third or you don’t do it. Our second is too high. True he’s better than what you could draft, but he’s not one of the best at his position in the league. He’s just a good player. Plus he’s not under contract after this year. Claypool was.

That’s why everyone is saying we’re losers today.

I agree with ya, a 3rd pick would have been better.
Poles gettin Hosed on giving up 2nd picks, once again.

Hopefully Team President Warren is keeping score

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His transparency is definitely helping him, Ryan Pace wouldn't tell you shit.

He still publicly backing Eberflus....Poles better realize that coach needs to be fired at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
His transparency is definitely helping him, Ryan Pace wouldn't tell you shit.

He still publicly backing Eberflus....Poles better realize that coach needs to be fired at the end of the season.

Thanks for this. Good to hear they're working with Sweat on a long term deal.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man Eberflooze may be gettin that pink slip
because this is the 2nd coach that have been fired
in a span of a month. He vetted these coaches.

Only problem about firing him, who would replace him the remaining of the season?
He better be gone after the season, I personally would like Harbaugh but that's me. Yesterday Poles concerned me with his high praise of Eberflus in his press conference. If he hasn't realized this dude ain't the guy, then he should be gone as well.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He better be gone after the season, I personally would like Harbaugh but that's me. Yesterday Poles concerned me with his high praise of Eberflus in his press conference. If he hasn't realized this dude ain't the guy, then he should be gone as well.

Yeah I saw that press conference
He did his ryan pace impression with his praise of eberflooze

pace use to praise nagy and we saw how that ended

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Same Lance Briggs that took and agreed to more money from the 49ers but the league voided the signing due to tampering

THAT LANCE BRIGGS?

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I was thinking the same thing. A Washington fan text me after the signing and I said that.

Salaries are only going up.
Two things. Folks outside of the fanbase:

1. Don't realize how badly we need talent along the line. Proven talent is worth it's weight in gold to US especially...
2. They're gonna pop shit regardless cuz they don't want to see us get better. Always keep that in mind.

BONUS: Also remember that most of these folks aren't any more qualified to give a decent opinion than the old lady that works at the dry cleaner down the street.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
I miss the days of Pernell mcphees types got 5 years for 38 million.

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OR SEEN THIS NIGGA IN MY LIFE FROM THE DISTRICT

AND HES GETS A BIGGER CONTRACT THAN PEPPERS

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I miss the days of Pernell mcphees types got 5 years for 38 million.

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OR SEEN THIS NIGGA IN MY LIFE FROM THE DISTRICT

AND HES GETS A BIGGER CONTRACT THAN PEPPERS
I feel like it's all about what the market sets... which goes up with every like-contract (or down for RBs, I guess).

But for Sweat, the "comparable" at this time seems to be Gary's deal. So it's match that now, or risk paying more if some other team decides to overpay some bum and then you have to match that (or lose Sweat to another team that will pay him even more).

If they really like him in this scheme, and they targeted him as someone that they would have gone after ANYWAY in FA, I have zero issues with extending him now to this money.