2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Your QB has been getting hit late all season long, Fields hasn't got on PF penalty for late hits and Eberflus does nothing. I would have snapped out on the refs, he just stands there and does nothing. :smh: :angry:

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Shit is pathetic! What happened to Eberflus D? O line looked absolutely terrible today
Like every game against GB for the past five years, got outmanned in the trenches. Now, they’d have gotten a few more sacks on a less elusive QB but Love is good. Credit where due.

Also, tackling was horrific. I counted at least five plays where three and four and 5 yard completions became seven or 8 yard completions or first downs on some “weight room” type shit. Pathetic effort all around.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
They gave up long time consuming drives, didn't make stops on 3rd down and Aaron Jones rushed for over a 100 yards. That defense was pathetic today along with the offense.

We scored 9 points against a team that doesn't have a good defense. That was the problem.

The defense also got tired, because the offense wasn't doing shit and not converting third downs

You're looking to make excuses.

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
Getsy HAS to go. I don't know what they'll do with Fields, but I don't trust Getsy to evolve as a playcaller OR to be the developer of a new younger QB learning whatever it is his offense is.
Agreed. That stupid ass toss sweep that’s some something out of a high school or 1990s playbook is indicative of just the lack of creativity he has.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We scored 9 points against a team that doesn't have a good defense. That was the problem.

The defense also got tired, because the offense wasn't doing shit and not converting third downs

You're looking to make excuses.
Sounds like you the one making excuses because I've heard no one but you who is defending how that defense played today. All I've been hearing is how the defense has been playing the last few weeks. Packers destroyed them today, they could have easily put up 30.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Agreed. That stupid ass toss sweep that’s some something out of a high school or 1990s playbook is indicative of just the lack of creativity he has.
That and just the lack of imagination or tempo as far as calling plays that keep the defense off balance. He seems to either call too many pass plays in a row, or in this game it was mad running plays over and over. I think there was a twitter post that said JF hadn't thrown the ball in over an hr at one point.

It's fine if it's working, but it seldom does in either direction with Getsy. He just goes long periods as a play caller where he has no answer for what the opposing Defense is throwing at us in-game. Or too many times we're just too predicable and easy to defend.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Sounds like you the one making excuses because I've heard no one but you who is defending how that defense played today. All I've been hearing is how the defense has been playing the last few weeks. Packers destroyed them today, they could have easily put up 30.

Who are we going to beat scoring 9 points?

You're grasping at straws

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who are we going to beat scoring 9 points?

You're grasping at straws
I'm not grasping at anything because I'm not defending the offense at all, hell I said the O line was terrible. They sucked all around. I prefer them to fire Eberflus in bring in Harbaugh and I felt that way before this game and after this game I feel even more adamant about it.

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
That and just the lack of imagination or tempo as far as calling plays that keep the defense off balance. He seems to either call too many pass plays in a row, or in this game it was mad running plays over and over. I think there was a twitter post that said JF hadn't thrown the ball in over an hr at one point.

It's fine if it's working, but it seldom does in either direction with Getsy. He just goes long periods as a play caller where he has no answer for what the opposing Defense is throwing at us in-game. Or too many times we're just too predicable and easy to defend.
That was insane. 6 running plays in a row without any decent penetration and nothing but heart on the part of Herbert and Fields. No play action, no screens, nothing. :smh:

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Sounds like you the one making excuses because I've heard no one but you who is defending how that defense played today. All I've been hearing is how the defense has been playing the last few weeks. Packers destroyed them today, they could have easily put up 30
The fact of the matter is that they didn't score 20 let alone 30 even with us missing a Pro Bowl CB who was replaced by a rookie. The defense was outmatched by every scoring drive they had was a long one so they weren't generating big plays.
The defense has played much better recently but they did enough to help keep us in the game.
As for Getsy I see these coaches with call sheets that have a myriad of plays. For some reason every time we face a team that likes to blitz instead of using that myriad of plays he dials up the same play over and over and over again whether it was the toss sweep in this game or screen passes in the Viking game. Maybe it's me but the purpose of that sheet is in part to have a blueprint for how you want to attack the defense as well as having plays that play off of things that you'd already called in the game. So you give the defense a look that you've already done like the toss sweep and then do some other action off of the defense anticipating that play again be it play action and roll out or faking the toss and having the RB run a wheel route out of it. Not the same damn thing like it's a game of Madden especially when they're defending it well enough

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Here are the Bears' regular season opponents for the 2024 season. (There is no meaning to the order.)

• Two games each NFC North opponent: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings
  • NFC West: vs. Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks / at Arizona Cardinals, at SF 49ers
  • AFC South: vs. Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars / at Houston Texans, at Indianapolis Colts
  • NFC South: vs Carolina Panthers
  • AFC East: vs New England Patriots
  • NFC East: at Washington Commanders

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

GDR9YXJbwAAMkNS

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
So you think Poles pulls the trigger on the Coach???

Caleb a sure pick?

If Harrison is picked before 9, Nabers is getting selected?

What ya'll think your team will do?
I think they'll keep Flus unless they can get Harbaugh. Everything else is up in the air, but I trust Poles. He knows we need to get better in many areas and will do what he can to get that done.

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So you think Poles pulls the trigger on the Coach??? I doubt it. HC probably comes back next year. We should look at a new OC though. I'm partial to Brian Griese but who knows. It wouldn't surprise me if Getsy came back and they added a senior offensive advisor.

Caleb a sure pick? I prefer to stay with Justin but Caleb is not a sure thing at this point. Probably 75/25 that Justin stays.

If Harrison is picked before 9, Nabers is getting selected? Harrison should be our first pick but Nabers is the consolation prize.

What ya'll think your team will do? Address the both lines (Another starting DE and depth for IOL is needed), add another weapon or two at WR/TE and SIGN A GOD DAMNED STARTING QUALITY CENTER.

I'm confident that Poles will make the right moves. My answers are in bold.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
So you think Poles pulls the trigger on the Coach???

Caleb a sure pick?

If Harrison is picked before 9, Nabers is getting selected?

What ya'll think your team will do?
There's no such thing as a sure pick even though Caleb is very talented.

Harrison damn sure isn't making it to 9 unless he commits a serious crime or gets seriously hurt between now and then.

If they trade down I'd expect one of the WRs(Harrison, Nabers) or one of the OTs(Alt, Fashaonu) to be the pick.

There's a chance that they trade the pick and then pick Daniels later to be the new QB. Or Penix Jr in say the 3rd since he has injury concerns.

Hopefully either Sedrick Van Pran or Zac Frazier is brought in to be the center thru the draft

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I'm confident that Poles will make the right moves. My answers are in bold.
They've GOT to finally address Center (should have done that last offseason, but I wouldn't be shocked if Getsy was over confident in his boy Patrick and really pushed for him there). Plus at least another G and possibly Tackle. I really want to finally see what we have in Carter too. Davis has been ass to me and can never stay on the field.

I'm def in the MHJ camp, but I guess it depends on what they do at QB first. Everything else will fall into place once we know that.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
They've GOT to finally address Center (should have done that last offseason, but I wouldn't be shocked if Getsy was over confident in his boy Patrick and really pushed for him there). Plus at least another G and possibly Tackle. I really want to finally see what we have in Carter too. Davis has been ass to me and can never stay on the field.

I'm def in the MHJ camp, but I guess it depends on what they do at QB first. Everything else will fall into place once we know that.

They'll address the center in free agency or in the draft

Center isn't something you use a high pick on, so it's really not worthy of being mentioned. Because it's obvious with Whitehair and Patrick being gone.