2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
On a good note, Caleb has over 200 yards passing

but on the bad, our good run blocking last year has gone to shit....and we're averaging two yards a rush against a team that gave up 200+ yards last week :smh:

Poles failed miserably when building a offensive line

A lot of experts predicted Swift would be a bust and we over paid.

Reactions: DJ

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
So they call progress being stopped on the play in the first half when Richardson got stripped and fumbled and the Bears recovered.

Bears stop Sermon and they don’t blow the whistle and let the entire Colts roster come in and push him into the end zone. Make it make fucking sense. :smh:

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Caleb shouldn't have the game on his shoulders. He should be relying on the running game and he cant. Couple that with shitty play calling and I have concerns about his long term development right now.

The Bears are playing the leagues worse running defense and we are making the rookie throw 30+ times. 100% on the OC.

Fire Shane and the Bears will be doing the exact same shit they did to Justin. Shane should be feeling heat. Caleb is doing rookie shit, that was expected. I'm still willing to give him 4 games to start looking competent.

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Kmet out there getting blasted over the middle like a modern-day Tom Waddle.
Ditka wouldn't give a fuck either. Probably told the trainer to give that pussy a smelling salt and call the same damn play again. Wouldnt surprise me if he told the QB to throw it higher and make him lay out for it. :roflmao3:

Last edited:

Thegooch

The Devil killed Heist & giggled about it @ brunch
Registered
Caleb shouldn't have the game on his shoulders. He should be relying on the running game and he cant. Couple that with shitty play calling and I have concerns about his long term development right now.

The Bears are playing the leagues worse running defense and we are making the rookie throw 30+ times. 100% on the OC.

Fire Shane and the Bears will be doing the exact same shit they did to Justin. Shane should be feeling heat. Caleb is doing rookie shit, that was expected. I'm still willing to give him 4 games to start looking competent.
justin-fields-fields.gif

3-0!!!!

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Maybe Shane Waldron learned something today

He tried to rush

and they finally started to use Kmet
Shoulda been doing all that. I don't trust him one bit to not revert back and keep dumbing out 1st half next week. Play calling AND personnel.

And Flus is also beginning to lose me too. Personnel is ultimately on him and his in-game management is real stupid at times.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Shoulda been doing all that. I don't trust him one bit to not revert back and keep dumbing out 1st half next week. Play calling AND personnel.

And Flus is also beginning to lose me too. Personnel is ultimately on him and his in-game management is real stupid at times.

Personnel is on Poles

I don't think Rome was a bad pick and he showed it today, but he didn't address the offensive line well enough

Nate is a Claypool level bad move. Swift looks to be a terrible pivot from Barkley and we could have used that money on a lineman and just went with Johnson and Khalil.

and that Velus draft pick :smh: Especially when we're having running issues, and he's not even active to help out.

The defense is saving Poles for me, but a lot of that maybe Flus also

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
This team plays too many quarter where BOTH the PLAN (coaches) and the EXECUTION (players) are all bad at the same time. We won't be going anywhere fast unless that's fixed. Starts with the coaches imo.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did anyone else peep Bears Off Coord shaking on the sidelines
wtf??? It explains so much with that redzone straight 4 runs up the middle calls

Have to keep it a buck Poles and Flus player evaluations is awful.
Swift is a bust free agent, OLINE is trash. These are the guys who kept.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Personnel is on Poles

I don't think Rome was a bad pick and he showed it today, but he didn't address the offensive line well enough

Nate is a Claypool level bad move. Swift looks to be a terrible pivot from Barkley and we could have used that money on a lineman and just went with Johnson and Khalil.

and that Velus draft pick :smh: Especially when we're having running issues, and he's not even active to help out.

The personnel and the defense are good enough to win against a lot of teams. But we can't win in spite of the offense being Jekyll and Hyde. We knew it wouldn't be all good with a Rookie QB, but we expected Waldron to be competent, which he hasn't been (ex. protect your rookie QB via play calling, use the right personnel situationally, don't call all these high risk low reward drive killing plays,etc.). But at the end of the day that hire ultimately falls on Pole and Flus as well. That was their choice.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Did anyone else peep Bears Off Coord shaking on the sidelines
wtf??? It explains so much with that redzone straight 4 runs up the middle calls

Have to keep it a buck Poles and Flus player evaluations is awful.
Swift is a bust free agent, OLINE is trash. These are the guys who kept.

Poles can evaluate every position besides the one he used to play :smh:

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
Personnel is on Poles

I think the game plan today allowed the offensive line to play at their level, which is not being any good, but not bad enough to completely destroy any opportunity to win, at least in the passing game.

I think Swift only looks bad because of this line. That being said, there’s a reason he’s on his third team in the league in five years.

cnc

BGOL Gold Member

Yep.

Bad challenges last week. Terrible time out management in the second half this week.

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
Personnel is on Poles

I don’t think Rome was a bad pick either, matter of fact, the way he fell to nine, had to take him. But I’m sure if Joe Alt would’ve fallen into nine, he would’ve been the pick. Quietly there was an argument to be made for trading that first pick for additional draft picks, running it back with Fields, and putting them in a position to draft Alt.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I don’t think Rome was a bad pic either, matter of fact, the way he fell to nine, had to take him. But I’m sure if Joe Alt would’ve fallen into nine, he would’ve been the pick. Quietly there was an argument to be made for trading that first pick for additional draft picks, running it back with Fields, and putting them in a position to draft Alt.

I noticed that Fashanu isn't starting for the Jets, but Fuaga is starting for the Saints

Reactions: cnc

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Also, now having seen the other teams in our division play, you can tell we're not in the same class as any of them. Like I said I believe in our defense and our special teams, but with our offense those other three teams just run better stuff. More dependable systems and better coaches in my opinion. It's going to be a tough year if this keeps up.

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
Any hope I had at the beginning of the season are gone. Is the play calling bad or our people not executing their plays?
We are missing blocks and having dumb penalties. How do we upgrade at every position (except O-line) and still play badly?