Are Barbers Today Over Charging People Or Nah?

Assd0ut

Potential Star
Registered
IMO, I think the barber industry has been able to just bump up the prices because it's a bit more of an art or skill. But nowhere near what they are charging. Think of it as them successfully being looked at as a barber, to a "stylist". Yes the industry has evolved, but they're taking it 2 steps forward in prices. Especially the younger folks just consider it the norm since they were raised into these prices. Older people have a hard time swallowing it, and for good reason. I think it's too much, OR it could just be that I'm old and my mind is comparing it to what it was. Example, coffee was 5 cents back in the 60's or whatever. Sure it's 5 dollars plus now, but we're talking double, upside down, 2 pumps of this, and a sprinkle of that, cappuccino. It's evolved. Not saying it's justified, but I'm just saying.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had a barber I went to for over a year. One day he hit me with $60 charge for faded sides & facial hair trim edge up. I didn't even flinch. Gave him the $60 & rolled out. That was the last time I saw his ass. Found another barber charging $30 for the same thing. What I look like paying him $60 an hour? I don't make $60 an hour. And I went to school for 4 years plus 4 years apprenticeship.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But this makes no sense though because the barbers are giving the same haircut they did for $35 that they are now charging $60-100 for, I understand inflation but don't try to act like the haircuts of today are different from back then, MINUS THE SPRAY PAINT...lol
So true.... COVID changed the game for these Kats and prices skyrocketed. Barbers acting like straight divas out here.

Still gotta wait in the shop for a cut, still gon' be the same slow ass cut you always get. Barber eating or talking the entire time he cuttin' go hair. Yeah, I'll pass on all that shit.

Niggas out here talking about appointment only. OK nigga, we will see about that shit when you in a dry period.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
From Georgia to Utah now Baton Rouge, I've been dropping 30 to 35 for a cut.
Moving close to Alexandria VA soon which cost of living is higher , I already know barbers gone be charging 40 to 60

or higher....Out in College Park, them dudes were charging $80 - $100

I had a barber I knew for years come to my crib like clock work and was paying anywhere between $50 -60...

Down here in the Charlotte area and Columbia, SC area barbers charge like $30, but there are some spots that will hit you up for $40 - $50

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
or higher....Out in College Park, them dudes were charging $80 - $100

I had a barber I knew for years come to my crib like clock work and was paying anywhere between $50 -60...

Down here in the Charlotte area and Columbia, SC area barbers charge like $30, but there are some spots that will hit you up for $40 - $50
I have Barber apps by zip code I can use to look up prices, I'm afraid to use it cause I know those barbers gone be charging.

My wife's beautician in VA charge 4 times than Baton Rouge...ridiculous man

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

I think this is part of the reason the price went up, barbers were seeing how much those hair stylists were making doing those wig installs and other stuff on womens heads so they felt they can do it on the mens side, that by appointment only is straight from the women's side of the hair world

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have Barber apps by zip code I can use to look up prices, I'm afraid to use it cause I know those barbers gone be charging.

Yeah that booky or booksy app is a game changer....

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I think this is part of the reason the price went up, barbers were seeing how much those hair stylists were making doing those wig installs and other stuff on womens heads so they felt they can do it on the mens side, that by appointment only is straight from the women's side of the hair world
I'm glad to be a Man. She talking about flying home to BR just to get her hair did :lol:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They saw how people act like they can’t take care of their own hygiene and beauty without them during Covid when mad dudes had weird beards walking around looking like wolverine. They said oh we essential to nigs lives and without us they can’t maintain themselves. Yesterday price is not todays price. They jacked their price up and saw people fall in line and pay them.. the barber rape started and continues

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also that’s what white folks pay for their haircut. I was gobsmacked when I asked my white colleagues what they paid for their haircuts, the lowest was 60 average was 75-80 bucks. In the mid 2000’s when information about cost was hard to come by, black barbers were charging what other black barbers were charging. But kind of hard to take less than half when you can see prices all barbers are charging.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
HAHAH Good listen.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG4cr72p4d4&list=TLPQMjExMDIwMjNvLbQ3QiEPCw&index=2

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

I admit this looks good but you can't leave home like the before and then come back like the after, it's just to much, just shave his head and line up his beard, maybe put some of that just for men that gets hides some of the grey and he's good to go