Big Pun’s friends/family flame Fat Joe for absence from street naming ceremony

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cease had a dope album though

Lolz he had like one good song on that album. Honestly don't even remember it that well. Probably went Double Wood. Tried looking up his album sales....couldn't even find them.

I'll give Cease credit, he knew his limit.

Link still thinks he still gonna blow up.

not to derail but OK we gonna fight

Future Sport one of favorite records PERIOD

that album was FIRE

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
not to derail but OK we gonna fight

Future Sport one of favorite records PERIOD

that album was FIRE

There’s a song he did, I don’t know if it was a remix or something.

But the chorus went “Cease loves Kids and the kids love Cease”

Where is that from?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I have to look for it. I remember hearing some songs but don't recall hearing the whole album.

Puff was all over this...

the features on there was INSANE

(not ONE mailed in verse which kinda hurt Cease a little he was GOOD on here but he got outshined on his own album)

and the the BEATS and hooks?

he even got Jay on here....

this throwback track... was crazy RIP Whodini

Kim verse was CRAZY and she was talking crazy sh*t at the end

I have NO IDEA how this flopped

NOPE none

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

(not ONE mailed in verse which kinda hurt Cease a little he was GOOD on here but he got outshined on his own album)

NOPE none

Underrated album
I used play the hell out of it

Worldboss5000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fat Joe gotta be black balling puns son. Dude is talented he could be out here on some j cole / Kendrick Lamar type level with the right direction.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Underrated album
I used play the hell out of it

How an album with some of the best verses and hooks from Busta, Jay Z, Redman and Lil Kim

In their PRIMES

With insane production

Flop???!!!

Just don't make sense.

You could legit take off the best 6/10 beats off this album and make an undisputed classic

In 2021.

Jon that would be an ill little EP experimental project

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Ok i just asked around

It was the bootleg cd era

It got leaked

And that's all she wrote

That would be an ill documentary

All the hip hop and r&b albums that got leaked in that time and whose careers got completely derailed because of it.
Don’t let Cuban Link see this post, he’d be all over that Documentary talking about how Fat Joe got the whole music industry to kill the release of his album 24K....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

NOPE none

Man oh man looking back

Thats so foul sh*t

You would think off just respect for Biggie?

They would of made sure that Cease had a legit shot.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Don’t let Cuban Link see this post, he’d be all over that Documentary talking about how Fat Joe got the whole music industry to kill the release of his album 24K....

Cuban ALREADY being saying that

Its the latino holy grail of rap albums

The spanish illmatic

To be fair EVERYONE swears it was actually good

Similar to Cease project

Top Producers rappers singers of that era

Plus whole rap songs in Spanish

And reportedly a Pun verse

To give CL some credit?

Joe ear for beats and his connections and the budgets at that time?

Yeah its not impossible

And if you dropped that album at the exact right time?

I'm talking jlo, Enrique Iglesias, reggaeton, selena revival, rise of latinio community era...

Good promotion? The right scarface tony Montana, cuban immigrant backstory with a BX twist?

Cuban would have just needed the RIGHT lead single

probably with Fat Joe feature or Pun sample, or hot r&b singer?

Imagine Cuban JLo single? With an ill spanish guitar sample? And then an all Spanish language version?

Miami based video?

A remix?

And then a good hard BX gangsta record?

A beatnuts track?

So what that?

3 SOLID records - just 1 real pop hit and a club banger and then a mix tape joint?

Thats gold easy.

And boom no mo problems.

But that ain't happen

Aye bandito.

Last edited:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor

Makes alotta sense now. There’s a reason why Cuban’s story was so consistent over the years. From the Smack DVD’s, the Forbez DVD’s, to the YouTube and podcast interviews, he was always in line with what was going on.

There was clearly some shifty shit going on from Fat Joe and Jellybean, enough to raise the red flags.

Joe had all the leverage back then to do what he did. He was the only business man out of a group of young ghetto kids, who knew nothing about music publishing or the music business, but where he knew and understood how contracts worked and what he could get away with.

Checkmate.

He breaks it down here too.

Roach was the publishing consultant who also helped Styles P recoup his publishing from Diddy.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I got a question no one can answer and no one ever asks but I believe is important

Where the f*ck is Macho from the Terror Squad?

That was a day one and he just disappeared

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Makes alotta sense now. There’s a reason why Cuban’s story was so consistent over the years. From the Smack DVD’s, the Forbez DVD’s, to the YouTube and podcast interviews, he was always in line with what was going on.

There was clearly some shifty shit going on from Fat Joe and Jellybean, enough to raise the red flags.

Joe had all the leverage back then to do what he did. He was the only business man out of a group of young ghetto kids, who knew nothing about music publishing or the music business, but where he knew and understood how contracts worked and what he could get away with.

Checkmate.

He breaks it down here too.

Roach was the publishing consultant who also helped Styles P recoup his publishing from Diddy.

I will check this out

If Joe did that? That is super foul

He gonna get his punishment somehow some way

But I never really believe this stuff

Almost and I mean 90% of rappers got jerked

And basically that number goes for all music in general

So I'm not quick to condemn an artist or the acts under them on contract stuff without concrete proof

From Biggie Lox and on and on

Contracts been corrupted

Noriega had beef with Combat Jack RIP for years over contracts

Looking back we never enough stories of artists blaming the REAL people in charge.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I will check this out

If Joe did that? That is super foul

He gonna get his punishment somehow some way

But I never really believe this stuff

Almost and I mean 90% of rappers got jerked

And basically that number goes for all music in general

So I'm not quick to condemn an artist or the acts under them on contract stuff without concrete proof

From Biggie Lox and on and on

Contracts been corrupted

Noriega had beef with Combat Jack RIP for years over contracts

Looking back we never enough stories of artists blaming the REAL people in charge.
I feel it.

Joe would most likely deny it and give you the “talk to my lawyer” response which is expected, but it makes perfect sense why them streets were waiting on him and he never showed.

If life taught me anything, it’s that the truth don’t run. It don’t avoid, it don’t detract, it don’t deflect..

And you’re right, contractual shit happens all the time in the game, but it’s slightly different when the estate of the contract in question is homeless and can’t fend for themselves, when those monies owed are there and being redirected someplace else.

The simple fact we talking bout this is shiesty enough.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I feel it.

Joe would most likely deny it and give you the “talk to my lawyer” response which is expected, but it makes perfect sense why them streets were waiting on him and he never showed.

If life taught me anything, it’s that the truth don’t run. It don’t avoid, it don’t detract, it don’t deflect..

And you’re right, contractual shit happens all the time in the game, but it’s slightly different when the estate of the contract in question is homeless and can’t fend for themselves, when those monies owed are there and being redirected someplace else.

The simple fact we talking bout this is shiesty enough.

You ain't say one lie

But it's complicated with the widow writing books making documentary interviews talking about Pun abusive horrible behavior and accusing EVERYONE of being complicit

Them asking for help?

Also I hear you about Truth

But Joe been crazy consistent too about his version.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://ambrosiaforheads.com/2017/03/fat-joe-big-pun-wife-cuban-link-remy-beef-video/

Fat Joe Airs Out Terror Squad’s Dirty Laundry & Defends His Name (Video)

Fat Joe is one of Hip-Hop’s most controversial figures. The Bronx, New Yorker has roots in some of the hardest Rap music of the ’90s, starting with his ’93 debut, Represent. However, in the days after Big Pun’s sudden 2000 death, Joe stepped forward to become a mainstream giant, making smash hits with Jennifer Lopez, Ja Rule, and others. While Joe Crack never stopped representing D.I.T.C. or Terror Squad, he accumulated a line of critics alongside his platinum plaques and accolades. That list included former T.S. hopeful Cuban Link, Big Pun’s widow Liza Rios, Remy Ma (entering her mid-2000s incarceration), and others. Meanwhile, from Jay Z to 50 Cent, Joe had high profile rivalries and very public tensions with Rap peers.

Ambrosia For Heads AFORHTV Channel Trailer

Following his game-changing interview with Jim Jones about the crumbling of his relationship with Cam’ron, Funkmaster Flex sits with Fat Joe for a two-hour, completely open Q&A. In this rare access interview, Joe begins with explaining why DJ Red Alert (who he calls the original Funk’ Flex) played such an important role putting him on with “Flow Joe” as a radio station promo. He explains how even with the platinum that others have not attained, why Joe is humble and always on time and respectful to his Diggin’ In The Crates band-mates. He discusses Lord Finesse’s role as a great MC and leader of a really important crew. With that, Joe says that Big Pun (who appeared on albums by Showbiz & A.G. and D.I.T.C.) was an extended branch on that family tree (13:00). Fat Joe says Punisher knew to never be late to a Show, Finesse, or other Diggin’ studio session, and humbled himself to the New York giants.

Ever See This Big Pun & Terror Squad Cypher in the Back of a Limo? (Video)

The discussion moves from one crew to another, as Joe discusses the earliest days of Terror Squad (17:00). In a white Lexus (which Joe vividly remembers paying $49,000 for), he recalled meeting Pun in the mid-’90s. Punisher (then known as “Moon Dog”) was on the corner with a mutual friend of theirs, Triple Seis, and Cuban Link. Joe broke Pun away from his crew, and said that he should reach back to support them, after he was on. Joe and Flex reminisce about Pun’s early appearance on 60 Minutes Of Funk, Vol. 1. While HOT 97’s mainstay DJ refused proteges and crew affiliates (Fat Joe uses Shyheim Da Rugged Child and King Just as examples of the kind of artists Flex was refusing for his gold-certified LP), Joe convinced the DJ at D&D Studios for the resulting “Freestyle” to happen.

This conversation grows to discuss T.S. Joe opens up about Cuban Link (41:00), and vehemently denies he ever slashed the MC’s face (at 50:00). That incident happened at Joe’s Café in 2001 during an Angie Martinez party. Instead, Joe asserts that he personally bought the Bronx MC a New Jersey home for a quarter of a million dollars, an Acura NSX, and secured him a deal with a $500,000 advance (an Atlantic-backed deal he says he got for other T.S. artists too). Joe describes Cuban’s shelved album, 24K, as featuring Neptunes production, a P!nk feature, and more…but Atlantic Records’ Chairman Craig Kallman allegedly did not believe it would sell more than 5,000 units. In turn, Joe worked Cuban Link more on his own, until the MC ultimately asked to leave Terror Squad. Joe explains that Cuban and he will never speak again, after all of the character assassination. He praises Armageddon (aka Geddy), Triple Seis, and others within that early iteration of Terror Squad. Joe says that he has put more artists on than his peers, and solemnly defends his name and reputation.

Fat Joe Tells An Animated Story About Meeting Big Pun & It’s Epic (Video)

From Cuban to Liza Rios (42:50), Fat Joe takes all questions from Flex. The MC says he never recouped, nor did Big Pun from the Loud/RCA Records contract. Joe blames Pun’s lavish lifestyle, and speaks on first-hand experiences about how spouses can spend. He recalls investing money to set up a chain of salons for Pun’s widow after 2000, and assumes the money was misspent elsewhere. Joe details arriving to Pun’s heart attack at a White Plains, New York Crown Plaza hotel. He says that Liza and Cuban have started smear campaigns anytime Joe has released an album to feed his own family. The MC also opens up about his own depression, which led to alcoholism, food addiction, and a dazed period between 2000 and 2002.

Last month, on Funkmaster Flex’s freestyle platform, Pun’s son Chris Rivers rapped about the hardships the Rios Family has faced.I goes hard, harder than life / Harder than when all you have from your Pops is jewelry and pawning the ice / To keep on the lights / I’d rather be in dark with the mice / With sentimental value / But Pops loved the old hood, so never left the old avenue / Where niggas would chain-snatch you / Yeah, thanks Pops. Had 3 home invasions / Ain’t saying it sarcastic, I needed the motivation,” spit the MC who is closely tied to Styles P and Pun producer Domingo. Recently, Rivers has been wearing Roc Nation caps, speculating to some, that he and Joe could be attached to the same management company.

Big Pun’s Widow & Chris Rivers Offer Up The Real & Uncut Story of Life With Pun (Audio)

After addressing Big Pun’s survivors’ struggles, Joe opens up about his own financial woes, despite reportedly having a $2 million emergency nest egg. The BX bomber explains scaling down his entourage, stopping private plane charters, and no longer assuming that money could not run out (he does later detail taking 50 Cent and girlfriend out in Miami on a $50 million yacht for a two couples day-retreat). Joe traces the transition in his life and career, and explains why Roc Nation is his best situation yet.

At 1:13:00, Fat Joe starts to discuss Remy Ma. The fellow Bronx native was Pun’s discovery, as Joe recalls her integration to Terror Squad right as Punisher passed. He explains Remy’s street cred, flashy persona before fame, and early aesthetic. By 1:13:00, Joe explains why the pair had a falling out after “Lean Back.”To Joe, it had large part to do with Loud Records evolution to SRC, and sale to Universal Records. Remy’s 2006 debut was not given the kind of push that Loud had given Pun and others, because it was no longer up to Steve Rifkind. Joe says he took the fall in dealing with an upset, young and wild Remy. Flex and Joe discuss Remy’s legal woes, and subsequent seven-year sentence. The de-facto leader of T.S. also remembers getting a reconciliation call from his estranged protege, and the long silence of a prison collect call.

Did You Know An Unsigned Eminem Slid Fat Joe Demo Tapes, More Than 6 Times?
In the closing minutes of the two-hour discussion (1:34:00) is where things truly get topical. Flex presses Joe about Remy’s monstrous “shETHER” diss to Nicki Minaj. At taping, March 2’s “Another One” follow-up had not yet been released. “If I say what I really believe, then I’m gonna get bashed by all the women in America. But I feel like women don’t get along, man. They all want to be the One,” Joe declares as to why this beef started in the first place. “I want to be clear and say that my sister’s (Remy Ma) the best female rapper on the planet earth, as we know, now. This is a unanimous decision. This is a unanimous decision: she is the best female rapper on earth, hands down!,” Joe touts, while also crowning Rem’ “The Queen of Hip-Hop” and “The Queen of Rap.” Here, Joe downplays Remy’s plans to diss the Young Money/Cash Money superstar, and saying so on The Breakfast Club. “The next thing you know, two songs come out. The Gucci [Mane] song [‘Make Love’] and another song came out, labeled ‘The Remy Diss.'” Flex concurs that the latter record was circulating behind the scenes, with a video shoot reportedly taking place. Joe says even still, he encouraged his Plato O Plomo partner to fall back and focus on the positives.

Flex alleges that Remy’s verse on 2016 Grammy-nominated hit “All The Way Up” was the sort of lyrics that could upset Nicki Minaj and others. Joe defends Remy, and reminds Flex that since 2010, Nicki “bullied” other MCs, including Lil’ Kim by name.

This Big Pun Documentary Explores the Beautiful & Ugly Parts of an Icon’s Life (Video)

In many places, he declines to mention Nicki by name—only calling her “little girl.” Minaj dissed the first-week sales of Joe & Remy’s collaborative LP. After weighing in on that beef, and Nicki’s failure to respond yet (which he says is bad for Hip-Hop), Joe admits he believes Remy Ma has pushed ahead of Lauryn Hill as the best female MC. Clearly, Joe believes in his “sister” as much as he did 15 years ago, and beyond.

Elsewhere in the interview, Fat Joe says Roc Nation’s Shawn Pecas was instrumental to his coming to the management team. He apologizes to Ja Rule, Irv Gotti, and Murder Inc. for his armistice with 50 Cent (and says he hopes they can understand), and discusses how 1988’s The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick was paramount to his Hip-Hop love affair.

I feel like this is relevant here

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
You ain't say one lie

But it's complicated with the widow writing books making documentary interviews talking about Pun abusive horrible behavior and accusing EVERYONE of being complicit

Them asking for help?

Also I hear you about Truth

But Joe been crazy consistent too about his version.
I get that Liza’s role in this may have soured the whole situation and ok, it’s not cordial by any means, what with her pumping out tell all’s and slandering the man every chance she gets, but realistically speaking, she could slander Joe til the end of the world and it still wouldn’t mean she wasn’t entitled to Pun’s estate. She could hold the biggest grudge on planet earth til she’s blue in the face, but legally speaking, what’s her is hers and it’s looking like Joe made sure that wasn’t the case.

I honestly think Joe could put this all to bed with some actual receipts. The opposition, Geddy Rem, Seis, Cuban, Prospect, Pete, Liza, Chris Rivers and the whole camp have been consistent in their stories, whether that’s being coy about the whole thing or just being flat out honest .. it’s all stacked up with receipts on their end.

I think it’s time for Joey Crack to shed some light on the inner workings of what really went down there and speaking strictly from a business standpoint, that would probably never happen. Him being active in this rap game ensures that he’ll never have to bring it up cause it would fuck with his money.

Man the amount of dudes who made it to the top by being flat out shifty snakes is unreal at times, and if Crack is up there, I’m not gonna flat out accuse him, but I do have some burning questions cause some things aren’t adding up.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I get that Liza’s role in this may have soured the whole situation and ok, it’s not cordial by any means, what with her pumping out tell all’s and slandering the man every chance she gets, but realistically speaking, she could slander Joe til the end of the world and it still wouldn’t mean she wasn’t entitled to Pun’s estate. She could hold the biggest grudge on planet earth til she’s blue in the face, but legally speaking, what’s her is hers and it’s looking like Joe made sure that wasn’t the case.

I honestly think Joe could put this all to bed with some actual receipts. The opposition, Geddy Rem, Seis, Cuban, Prospect, Pete, Liza, Chris Rivers and the whole camp have been consistent in their stories, whether that’s being coy about the whole thing or just being flat out honest .. it’s all stacked up with receipts on their end.

I think it’s time for Joey Crack to shed some light on the inner workings of what really went down there and speaking strictly from a business standpoint, that would probably never happen. Him being active in this rap game ensures that he’ll never have to bring it up cause it would fuck with his money.

Man the amount of dudes who made it to the top by being flat out shifty snakes is unreal at times, and if Crack is up there, I’m not gonna flat out accuse him, but I do have some burning questions cause some things aren’t adding up.

You are absolutely correct.

Abuse or not IF she is owed she should get it period

but remember we were all so mad at Puff but then we learned it was BIG that sold away all his rights with his eyes wide open

BIG wanted the money NOW

Puff KNEW what it was but a grown man made a deal.

But then you heard the folk shouting...

BIG was your brother, what about Biggie's kids and his mother...

See? Even WITH receipts folks gonna STILL be mad

Like you said - are we REALLY gonna feel "better" if it is revealed Pun did the same thing?

Cause all of sudden it wont be business anymore..

its gonna be he was your TWIN f*ck the contracts

But it can't BE THAT.

It can't be what you WANT to be

AFTER THE FACT.

I aint really taking sides here I AGREE with you

show receipts.

But if you think Joe showing receipts is REALLY gonna settle this?

i disagree with you there fam.

Even if Joe gave her 2 million NOW? On some like make PEACE vibe?

she PROBABLY gonna STILL be mad and everyone else will be too.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
You are absolutely correct.

Abuse or not IF she is owed she should get it period

but remember we were all so mad at Puff but then we learned it was BIG that sold away all his rights with his eyes wide open

BIG wanted the money NOW

Puff KNEW what it was but a grown man made a deal.

But then you heard the folk shouting...

BIG was your brother, what about Biggie's kids and his mother...

See? Even WITH receipts folks gonna STILL be mad

Like you said - are we REALLY gonna feel "better" if it is revealed Pun did the same thing?

Cause all of sudden it wont be business anymore..

its gonna be he was your TWIN f*ck the contracts

But it can't BE THAT.

It can't be what you WANT to be

AFTER THE FACT.

I aint really taking sides here I AGREE with you

show receipts.

But if you think Joe showing receipts is REALLY gonna settle this?

i disagree with you there fam.

Even if Joe gave her 2 million NOW? On some like make PEACE vibe?

she PROBABLY gonna STILL be mad and everyone else will be too.
I hear what you saying and yea, the Big Puff ordeal was spot on, but Puff never stopped Big from doing other things. Just like Hov let X go to do greater things outside Def Jam and not stand in the way, Puff did that for Big, but I feel like there would still be salt there from Cuban because Joey shelved tf outta him and boxed him into a corner he could never get out of. If we no longer fuck with each other, it’s cool. Shit happens ... but to not allow that man to eat further and continue his career .. that seems extra. Geddy once said that “I told Joei was leaving Terri Squad and his response was, ‘cool, just don’t use the name..” and left it at that.

2 mil to the family is a dope peace gesture and for Liza may or may not clear up some things, idk, but Cuban and the rest will prolly still stay salty regarded since it seems like the more we look under the rug, the more we see how Joe propelled himself on their shoulders and never looked back.

It’s almost more than just the money at that point.

Maybe this is just a fracture that’s too far removed.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I hear what you saying and yea, the Big Puff ordeal was spot on, but Puff never stopped Big from doing other things. Just like Hov let X go to do greater things outside Def Jam and not stand in the way, Puff did that for Big, but I feel like there would still be salt there from Cuban because Joey shelved tf outta him and boxed him into a corner he could never get out of. If we no longer fuck with each other, it’s cool. Shit happens ... but to not allow that man to eat further and continue his career .. that seems extra. Geddy once said that “I told Joei was leaving Terri Squad and his response was, ‘cool, just don’t use the name..” and left it at that.

2 mil to the family is a dope peace gesture and for Liza may or may not clear up some things, idk, but Cuban and the rest will prolly still stay salty regarded since it seems like the more we look under the rug, the more we see how Joe propelled himself on their shoulders and never looked back.

It’s almost more than just the money at that point.

Maybe this is just a fracture that’s too far removed.

But that's my point - its not about money AT ALL

if they REALLY wanted PEACE

They wanted closure?

They would l STOP bringing it up.

Nobody on EITHER side is gonna change the public's perspective either way.

Like the ORIGINAL intent of this thread.

Why are THEY at basically a funeral with a score card on THEY lap tallying who is there or not?

THAT is THIER focus?

That aint about peace or closure or has ANYTHING to do with the dead.

So of course when THEY start accusing someone ELSE of being shady a thief and petty etc

I aint gonna take ANYTHING they say serious

Podcasts interviews and youtube clips aint gonna exactly HELP.

We will NEVER know the truth about Cuban Link situation

because here is the issue in 2021?

No one can really blackball you.

just RELEASE the music. Once its out?? then its out.

If you REALLY as dope as you say?

DO IT Cuban.. stop talking. RAP

Success is the best revenge and THAT will sway way more hearts and minds then all this tough talk into their phones.

And I'm talking to ALL involved.

But to be as disingenuous as to imply if Fat joe came to that event with a huge crowds and ALL those cameras and press there

that they would NOT have cased a scene?

HA!!!

That alone makes me doubt ANYTHING they would EVER say about ANYTHING!

Its not about MONEY like you said

And its really sad that the only currency they have in abundance and KEEP trading in is PAIN.

That aint honoring Pun at all.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here's my problem with Joe story, he said Pun made millions and millions of dollars and he didn't make a dime off Pun right? How? He was executive producer of the album, it was thru Terror Squad/Loud Records. If he made millions you profited off it as well. He also said he had no idea how Pun was spending his millions. GTFOH, ya'll were always together. He's the cash cow. Joe owned some portion of Puns publishing as well, its common label bullshit. So he can kill all that talk. Plus it's just strange how he made millions(Joe's words) off a platinum album, when the label gets paid 1st, then the boutique label, etc b4 the artist does. So Joe isn't 100% truthful but if Liza blew the bag after Pun died then she needs to take responsibility too, cuz honestly I've never seen her take any.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
@EPDC

Is a is Cuban Link a slept on MC thread necessary?

f*ck it

I wouldn't say he's a slept on MC. I think he just came out at the wrong time and due to circumstances just didn't get a chance to make his own name.

Like I said earlier, he was nice but he just couldn't get out the Fat Joe/Big Pun shadow.

Had he came out out well after Pun or Joe, he may have had some success, but I honestly think he peaked with the first Terror Squad album.

Nothing he released since was as good or better. Pun was probably writing Cuban's shit as much as he was writing Fat Joe's shit too.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Here's my problem with Joe story, he said Pun made millions and millions of dollars and he didn't make a dime off Pun right? How? He was executive producer of the album, it was thru Terror Squad/Loud Records. If he made millions you profited off it as well. He also said he had no idea how Pun was spending his millions. GTFOH, ya'll were always together. He's the cash cow. Joe owned some portion of Puns publishing as well, its common label bullshit. So he can kill all that talk. Plus it's just strange how he made millions(Joe's words) off a platinum album, when the label gets paid 1st, then the boutique label, etc b4 the artist does. So Joe isn't 100% truthful but if Liza blew the bag after Pun died then she needs to take responsibility too, cuz honestly I've never seen her take any.

OK damn when you put like THAT?

Joe is convicted!

I always thought Joe was being a tad facetious here...

not LITERAL.

Capital Punishment apparently went DOUBLE platinum

for LOUD back then

that is an OUTSTANDING number

He ad the JLo feature, Beatnuts record...

actually he was doing a TON of features and none of them flopped.

then AFTER he dies they released Yeah Baby and Endangered Species plus a greatest hits.

So there was MONEY being made

I don;t know.

I REFUSE to believe his widow got NOTHING like she saying

so if THAT is still her position

just off that?

I'm with Joe until proven otherwise.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Big Pun’s Gone but His Career Is Going Strong
By SOREN BAKER
APRIL 8, 2001 12 AM PT
SOREN BAKER IS A REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR TO CALENDAR

With Tupac Shakur’s fourth posthumous album, “Until the End of Time,” entering the national sales chart at No. 1 last week, and another double album of his work expected in November, it’s more clear than ever that death is no deterrent to selling records.

In fact, with hip-hop suffering the loss of more stars in the prime of their careers than other pop music genres in recent years, marketing the music of deceased rappers has become a grimly regular task for record labels. The Notorious B.I.G., Big L, Eazy-E and Mausberg are some of the other hip-hop artists who have had albums issued after their deaths.

Interscope, which handles Shakur in association with Amaru Records, has the advantage of access to more than 150 unreleased songs he left behind when he was killed by unknown assailants in Las Vegas in 1996. The rapper, who recorded under his 2Pac moniker, had also filmed many videos before his death, and his image remains alive in such movies as “Poetic Justice,” 'Juice” and “Gridlock’d.”

The late Big Punisher did not record nearly as prolifically as Shakur, but he is the latest due for a big posthumous push. Last week, Loud Records released the second album to come out since the Bronx-based rapper died in February 2000 of heart failure. “Endangered Species” will have to compete with the Eminems, Dr. Dres, Nellys and OutKasts of the world, all of whom are able to tour, conduct interviews and do the other work of promoting an album.

‘It’s harder to promote and work him because we don’t have a lot of live footage,” says Steve Rifkind, Loud’s chief executive. “We’re doing animation and will use whatever B-roll [existing taped interviews] we have.”

The label will issue an animated video for the collection’s first single, “How We Roll.” Plans for the other two singles Loud wants to release in support of the album have yet to be finalized.

In part to compensate for the shortage of promotional tools, Loud decided to include all of the album’s lyrics in the CD booklet-a rarity for a rap release. The idea is to emphasize one of Pun’s biggest assets-his remarkable ability to string together loads of words without sounding jumbled.
“This album is a tribute to him, but it’s also to show people how lyrical he was,” says Sean Cane, director of A&R; for Loud and co-executive producer of “Endangered Species.” 'His flow was really intricate, which is why we’ve got all of the lyrics written out. Pun was one of the best. You’ll really feel that after you get this album.”

Big Pun’s first posthumous album, 2000’s “Yeeeah Baby,” which sold 800,000 copies, was nearly completed when the rapper (whose real name was Christopher Rios) died. “Endangered Species,” on the other hand, features a number of collaborations between Pun and top-tier guests that appeared as B-sides or as tracks on other artists’ albums. There are also six unreleased songs.

Like the Notorious B.I.G.'s posthumous “Born Again,” which included several previously available songs and had guest appearances by Eminem, the Cash Money Millionaires and others, “Endangered Species” benefits from appearances by some of Big Pun’s admirers. Noreaga and Fat Joe deliver testimonials on the album, while Swizz Beatz, Rodney Jerkins and Buckwild are among those whose production prowess shines on the new collection.

‘We got love from most people,” Cane says. “Pun had a lot of fans in the industry and people that really liked him as more than just a rapper. People were willing to put in what they could.”

Pun, unlike most rappers, was known as a comedian and prankster. His humor was also evident in his videos, which often poked fun at his obesity and highlighted his charm.

It was his recordings, of course, that earned him the most respect. Whether rapping about his affinity for women of all nationalities on “Still Not a Player” with R&B; singer Joe or ripping through a brutal display of braggadocio on “Fire Water” with Fat Joe, Armageddon and Raekwon, Big Pun was one of the few hip-hop acts who was respected for both his radio songs and his street selections.

“He represents the artists who do both the commercial and the hard-core,” Cane says. “There have only been a few guys that could do the hard-core, underground record and then the club records. It’s a theme of the album that many people can’t do it, and it’s also what he wanted to call his second album before he went with “Yeeeah Baby.” 'This is a genuine album that came from him.”

The six new tracks on “Endangered Species” are among the last of his unreleased songs, according to Loud Records’ Rifkind.

“If someone finds 50 more songs of his, we’d put them out if they were hits,” he says. “But this is really the only album that we’re going to put out. These are records that just hadn’t gotten cleared [when he died], but we’re not going to be putting out an album every 18 months or every two years. We’re not going to ruin his legacy. Pun was a friend.”

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
But that's my point - its not about money AT ALL

if they REALLY wanted PEACE

They wanted closure?

They would l STOP bringing it up.

Nobody on EITHER side is gonna change the public's perspective either way.

Like the ORIGINAL intent of this thread.

Why are THEY at basically a funeral with a score card on THEY lap tallying who is there or not?

THAT is THIER focus?

That aint about peace or closure or has ANYTHING to do with the dead.

So of course when THEY start accusing someone ELSE of being shady a thief and petty etc

I aint gonna take ANYTHING they say serious

Podcasts interviews and youtube clips aint gonna exactly HELP.

We will NEVER know the truth about Cuban Link situation

because here is the issue in 2021?

No one can really blackball you.

just RELEASE the music. Once its out?? then its out.

If you REALLY as dope as you say?

DO IT Cuban.. stop talking. RAP

Success is the best revenge and THAT will sway way more hearts and minds then all this tough talk into their phones.

And I'm talking to ALL involved.

But to be as disingenuous as to imply if Fat joe came to that event with a huge crowds and ALL those cameras and press there

that they would NOT have cased a scene?

HA!!!

That alone makes me doubt ANYTHING they would EVER say about ANYTHING!

Its not about MONEY like you said

And its really sad that the only currency they have in abundance and KEEP trading in is PAIN.

That aint honoring Pun at all.
I can see this take but let’s not get it twisted ...

For Liza and the fam, it’s DEF about getting that paper. There’s no question there. The slander was icing on the cake, which if true, is deserved but first comes what’s owed to the estate.

Now for Cuban, I don’t think that paper matters. Like you said, if he wants to shine, just rap. You got the skill to make records so go do that. I think he’d be fine in that regard. I think for him it’s more about the disrespect he felt. I’d take that “welcome back to the hood..” with a grain of salt. He prolly got other intentions. We’ll never know
They’re all lumped in together in their disdain for Joey, but each have their own intentions on what they wanna move forward with if that makes sense.

Some want that paper, others want respect, others want nothing.. it’s a mixed bag but it’s unequivocal that each of em hold some kinda ill will towards dude.