Big Pun’s friends/family flame Fat Joe for absence from street naming ceremony

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I can see this take but let’s not get it twisted ...

For Liza and the fam, it’s DEF about getting that paper. There’s no question there. The slander was icing on the cake, which if true, is deserved but first comes what’s owed to the estate.

Now for Cuban, I don’t think that paper matters. Like you said, if he wants to shine, just rap. You got the skill to make records so go do that. I think he’d be fine in that regard. I think for him it’s more about the disrespect he felt. I’d take that “welcome back to the hood..” with a grain of salt. He prolly got other intentions. We’ll never know
They’re all lumped in together in their disdain for Joey, but each have their own intentions on what they wanna move forward with if that makes sense.

Some want that paper, others want respect, others want nothing.. it’s a mixed bag but it’s unequivocal that each of em hold some kinda ill will towards dude.

I KNOW they want money

but I'm saying they won't be happy and will go right through it mad quick

I don;t know what it is...

And it could be some misplaced fanboy sh*t on my part but something seems OFF about these accusations.

It isn't THAT hard to get receipts on this not at all.

And ALL this time later, all we HEAR are accusations but NO PROOF.

NONE

and just as unified and consistently as THEY are?

Joe said been the same.

I honestly don;t think we will ever know.

But I do know they path they on hasn't yielding ANYTHING positive as of yet and I do NOT see that changing anytime soon

Maybe they need to pick a different path.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I wouldn't say he's a slept on MC. I think he just came out at the wrong time and due to circumstances just didn't get a chance to make his own name.

Like I said earlier, he was nice but he just couldn't get out the Fat Joe/Big Pun shadow.

Had he came out out well after Pun or Joe, he may have had some success, but I honestly think he peaked with the first Terror Squad album.

Nothing he released since was as good or better. Pun was probably writing Cuban's shit as much as he was writing Fat Joe's shit too.

^^^

I did NOT want to be the one to say it

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I honestly don;t think we will ever know.
Yea this is where I’m at with it as well. As a fan of all of em tho, it sucks to have to watch all this he said she said bs. Listening to all that material over the last couple days, made me realize how good it all was, including Joe’s group and solo material.

Sidenote: I was playing this joint loud af in the whip yesterday and felt amazing

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yea this is where I’m at with it as well. As a fan of all of em tho, it sucks to have to watch all this he said she said bs. Listening to all that material over the last couple days, made me realize how good it all was, including Joe’s group and solo material.

Sidenote: I was playing this joint loud af in the whip yesterday and felt amazing

See it may be unfair but it matters...

How many certified hits Fat Joe had?

Before and AFTER Pun?

And not just solo but features too.

Now what has the OTHER SIDE done?

I'll wait.

It matters...

Thief, liar, jerk, phoney, asshole...

Homeboy got hits

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I still don't see what the fuck Big Pun did to get a street named after him. I heard his music.

Bro...

Fam....

Cuz...

Damn.

I know you joking

He the greatest latino rapper of all time

One of the best MCs ever.

Platinum artist during one of the greatest eras of hip hop music.

Hit records pop mixtape radio underground

Classic all time verses.

That man held his own and surpassed mcs like black thought, canibus, Cam'ron, ll cool j, raekwon in their primes and mcs the likes of Kool g rap, nature, nore, fat Joe, foxy brown, LOX, DMX etc.

In a ridiculously short career

He earned his spot

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
That Drink Champs episode was pretty good.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm rolling with Joe on this whole thing. Who even fucks with Cuban? Joe is cool with damn near everyone.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That Drink Champs episode was pretty good.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm rolling with Joe on this whole thing. Who even fucks with Cuban? Joe is cool with damn near everyone.

it was a court of law

Joe might have gotten a round of applause from the jury

EFN tried HARD with all that peace stuff

and maybe for the first time EVER?

I legit saw Joe lose his cool a little a look angry.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

well damn.

@EPDC

tenor.gif

Pun sister is his wife's cousin.

mami...

let this sh*t go

you gonna be a DOCTOR? You got kids? and you doing THIS?

C'mon now.

Ummm... is she SNITCHING on Pun Wife Eliza attempted to murder Fat Joe...

plus extortion?!?

ummm can the feds pick up that?

and they supposed to be COOL?!?!?!?

WTF is going on here?

Last edited:

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Bro...

Fam....

Cuz...

Damn.

I know you joking

He the greatest latino rapper of all time

One of the best MCs ever.

Platinum artist during one of the greatest eras of hip hop music.

Hit records pop mixtape radio underground

Classic all time verses.

That man held his own and surpassed mcs like black thought, canibus, Cam'ron, ll cool j, raekwon in their primes and mcs the likes of Kool g rap, nature, nore, fat Joe, foxy brown, LOX, DMX etc.

In a ridiculously short career

He earned his spot

I remain unimpressed by his body of work. I liked the 187 remix. Being the greatest "latino" rapper all time doesn't automatically rank him among the greatest rappers of all time. Not by my standards.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I remain unimpressed by his body of work. I liked the 187 remix. Being the greatest "latino" rapper all time doesn't automatically rank him among the greatest rappers of all time. Not by my standards.

Bro.

I give him that title just cause you don't want to get into the top 5 dead or alive debate

no matter what he is

he was a DOPE MC period.

What he was able to do lyrically rhyme pattern flow bars within bars rhymes within rhymes always made sense on topic

and arguably the greatest breath control PERIOD and at THAT size.

NEVER EVER had a bad verse

EVER

Killed every feature

was a legit STAR for his time

Left an indelible mark during the most COMPETITIVE era of MUSIC period

and its MORE than that.

much like how the Fugees became patron saints for Island kids especially Haitian kids and for what L Boogie did for female MCs and as a group for WORLD MUSIC

Pun BIGGER than those 2/3 albums

Big Pun was like on some Selena sh*t. For Puerto Ricans and the Latinx community he is THEIR Biggie.

I can respect it.

BUT saying ALL that?

music is subjective you like it or you don''t. Period

But you cannot DENY someone influence when the receipts and proof are still right there.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
it was a court of law

Joe might have gotten a round of applause from the jury

EFN tried HARD with all that peace stuff

and maybe for the first time EVER?

I legit saw Joe lose his cool a little a look angry.
Man, after all these years of having those dusty Bronx bums trashing your name, I can understand Joe being a little angry and losing his cool.

I'm just going to repeat, if what Liza and Cuban say is legit, why aren't more people fucking with Cuban or Pun's family. Why haven't people really worked with his son?

Man, i remember Joel Ortiz put his son on, and by that extension Chris Rivers could have had an association with Em/Slaughterhouse years back.

Why did Em show so much love to a bunch of cats from Buffalo (Griselda) instead of doing something that made business sense, signing Big Puns son who had a buzz a few years ago?

Their family is fucked up. People will big up and represent Big Pun, but Liza, Cuban and the rest of them dusty ass Po'Ricans need to man up and do something instead of living off Pun's memory. Seriously, does Cuban release social media videos WITHOUT ever mentioning Pun or Fat Joe?

Fat Joe lives in Cuban's head rent free.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man, after all these years of having those dusty Bronx bums trashing your name, I can understand Joe being a little angry and losing his cool.

I'm just going to repeat, if what Liza and Cuban say is legit, why aren't more people fucking with Cuban or Pun's family. Why haven't people really worked with his son?

Man, i remember Joel Ortiz put his son on, and by that extension Chris Rivers could have had an association with Em/Slaughterhouse years back.

Why did Em show so much love to a bunch of cats from Buffalo (Griselda) instead of doing something that made business sense, signing Big Puns son who had a buzz a few years ago?

Their family is fucked up. People will big up and represent Big Pun, but Liza, Cuban and the rest of them dusty ass Po'Ricans need to man up and do something instead of living off Pun's memory. Seriously, does Cuban release social media videos WITHOUT ever mentioning Pun or Fat Joe?

Fat Joe lives in Cuban's head rent free.

YUP

remember Chris had beef cause Ortiz made that Big Pun back record? which was an OBVIOUS sign of respect.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Man, I thought that crew (on !llminds Latinos Pt. 2) was tight, like a the second coming of Terror Squad, except they all had a nice flow.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Pun birth a whole new segment of hip hop.

His legacy is set in stone.

It is

BX is the birthplace of hip hop

Even though KRS ONE the legend made the greatest song about it and ain't from there

That debate is legit and I rep Brooklyn but the best borough to birth mcs...

Many say queens

But BX... could be it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I already said Im no expert, but I heard what I heard in my era. At the time who was repping the Bronx like Pun?

to be fair

Pun only had like a 3 year run

which is INSANE when you really think about it.

Homeboy was a WORKER.

And like I mentioned... not ONE bad verse

not a ONE.

was he the BIGGEST artist out of the Bronx in hip hop from 97 - 2000?

Probably definately YES but EVER?

Not at all

I remember Jennifer Lopez was bubbling at that time too (non hip hop)

But the Bronx is the birthplace

Like I said earlier KRS repped it HARD but wasn't really from there.

Herc, Caz, Melly Mel, Afrika, Slick Rick, Finesse, Fat Joe, Remy, Fred Godson (RIP), Cardi, Camp Lo that's just off top

and they ALL rep BX heavy while they were in the spotlight.

But Pun (and remember you HAVE to thank Joe for that) held the Bronx down HEAVY.

PERIOD

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Interesting...

@EPDC you think there was some MORE to this comment by Styles?

He addressed all of hip hop

But was that a little bit at fat joe?

Am I reaching?

Chris nice but a Styles co sign?!?!