Blade / Mahershala Ali | Official Thread | Marvel Studios

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Might as well find another lead actor. Ali is in his 50s now. I still want Wesley involved someway though.
Nah, I'm with Ali until he says "fuck this I'm out." He's both talented enough and in good enough shape that you can easily build a franchise off of him. He looks younger now than RDJ did in '08.

I agree that WS should be involved in front of the camera though.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
50 ain’t 50 no more that ain’t old lol. I just seen Martin and Will kill 100 people lol. Hugh Jackman just killed 100 plus Deadpool like 200 times lol.
Yeah but u cant compare will and martin tho. I mean hell the whole thing is about them getting older . And the young ones were kicking ass. I mean the best scenes isnt even them.

This is blade vampire that ages slowly. Wesley can play an aged vampire cause 1 he deserves it and two he been bland for almost 30 years. You can fast forward into the future and it will work.

Marsh is suppose to be blade in this mcu. You know marvel takes like at least 2/3 years to make a movie. That negro will be 60 when he does 2 movies hahaha.

Nah u need a young blade that you can go for the next 10/15 years.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
the brother is capping. he did kissing, sex scences with white girls so it was real foul to diss taraji like that
A little off topic but I heard a rumor Denzel refused to kiss Julia Roberts in the The Pelican Brief because he thought it wouldn't go over very well with the sistas. I don't know if this is true or not but he definitely had intimate scenes with a white woman a few years earlier in For Queen and Country.

Last edited:

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Yeah but u cant compare will and martin tho. I mean hell the whole thing is about them getting older . And the young ones were kicking ass. I mean the best scenes isnt even them.

This is blade vampire that ages slowly. Wesley can play an aged vampire cause 1 he deserves it and two he been bland for almost 30 years. You can fast forward into the future and it will work.

Marsh is suppose to be blade in this mcu. You know marvel takes like at least 2/3 years to make a movie. That negro will be 60 when he does 2 movies hahaha.

I'm not sure how they've changed Blade in the MCU, but in the original film series he aged normally like regular humans. Whistler told Dr. Karen Jensen this when he mentioned Blade's healing factor.

As for movies, they only take a few months to shoot. It's the post-production that takes most of the time. Ali can shoot easily 3 or 4 films in couple of years. Furthermore, the man looks younger than his chronological age.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
A little off topic but I heard a rumor Denzel refused to kiss Julia Roberts in the The Pelican Brief because he thought it wouldn't go over very well with the sistas. I don't know if this is true or not but he definitely had intimate scenes with a white woman a few years earlier in For Queen and Country.
it is true he did not go along with kissing julia because it would hurt his base

keone

International Member
I'm not sure how they've changed Blade in the MCU, but in the original film series he aged normally like regular humans. Whistler told Dr. Karen Jensen this when he mentioned Blade's healing factor.

As for movies, they only take a few months to shoot. It's the post-production that takes most of the time. Ali can shoot easily 3 or 4 films in couple of years. Furthermore, the man looks younger than his chronological age.
Thats ideal but we all know it aint going like that. Also dont forget there ate other projects that they will do. He not going to do just blade.

And yes he looks young for his age. But can he fight not hating just saying. Dont want no damn stunt double lol. Wes is teal life martial artist thats what alot of people forgetting. I want him to have all the success and I support him. I just wanted a younger blade. Now that its Marsh lets go.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Thats ideal but we all know it aint going like that. Also dont forget there ate other projects that they will do. He not going to do just blade.

And yes he looks young for his age. But can he fight not hating just saying. Dont want no damn stunt double lol. Wes is teal life martial artist thats what alot of people forgetting. I want him to have all the success and I support him. I just wanted a younger blade. Now that its Marsh lets go.
Any other films would just be cameos so there would be even less filming required by him. None of that stuff takes a very long time.

At the end of the day, this is Hollywood. He can definitely learn fight choreography just as any other actor does for a role. But they're still going to use stunt doubles. You think they didn't use doubles for Chadwick and Michael B.?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Black don’t crack. Plus with the way things going you ain’t gotta worry about sequels they will probably get one film from this group lol

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Wesley could play a aged Blade and still come across natural born to play the role but I'm sure he's even ok with passing the reigns but with his involvement and respect for the multi billions his efforts helped to spawn.

seems like a bunch of extra hype to drum up more interest in the movie......

Until they blow our minds with and epic full real trailer with Mahershala Ali's portrayal all this is sillyness and will continue to make marvel money before Wesley is even considered for another reprisal, and if Ali's trailer is wack, its going to get worse.

I truly hope Ali's trailer and movie is mindblowing and that Wesley continues to get his flowers but the world hasn't been working that way
so we'll see.

jmo

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wesley could play a aged Blade and still come across natural born to play the role but I'm sure he's even ok with passing the reigns but with his involvement and respect for the multi billions his efforts helped to spawn.

Until they blow our minds with and epic full real trailer with Mahershala Ali's portrayal all this is sillyness and will continue to make marvel money before Wesley is even considered for another reprisal, and if Ali's trailer is wack, its going to get worse.

I truly hope Ali's trailer and movie is mindblowing and that Wesley continues to get his flowers but the world hasn't been working that way
so we'll see.

jmo

Bookmarked

keone

International Member

so we'll see.

jmo
This :yes:

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
My point still stands bro. I dont need all the extras and disney horrible with cgi. Lol. But it is what it is now. So lets see what happens.

Sidebar....

I really don't notice all this bad cgi yall keep talking about. Some is better than others but it's never been bad enough to help or hurt the experience for me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It's in development hell now.

Honestly?

I'm fine with this.

Let them get this right.

If you have to start from scratch rewrite recast etc etc etc

I don't care.

Let's just get it right.

All these other stuff is just gossip to gossip. None of these folks ever wrote a script cast a movie run a studio etc etc.

I don't need to know how the sausage is made.

Get me the final product make it good.

No one REALLY cares how you get there.

keone

International Member
Honestly?

I'm fine with this.

Let them get this right.

I don't care.

Let's just get it right.

All these other stuff is just gossip to gossip. None of these folks ever wrote a script cast a movie run a studio etc etc.

pause-champ.gif

had too lol

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Honestly?

I'm fine with this.

Let them get this right.

I don't care.

Let's just get it right.

The news got you writing like Mrfreddygoodbud. :lol:

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
That version of blade wasn't comic accurate though. In the comics blade is more than100 years old and he was originally born in england. The mcu version might stick a little closer to the source material there prolly wont have whistler in these films since he was a character made up for spiderman the animated series.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sidebar....

I really don't notice all this bad cgi yall keep talking about. Some is better than others but it's never been bad enough to help or hurt the experience for me.
Naw I never see it either I guess some people got eyes for it but for me cg all looks fake so not sure what makes Disney’s any different lol

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
That version of blade wasn't comic accurate though. In the comics blade is more than100 years old and he was originally born in england. The mcu version might stick a little closer to the source material there prolly wont have whistler in these films since he was a character made up for spiderman the animated series.
True. I brought this up before when I suggested John Boyega play the character. That said, the comics expanded on the character and made him more American centric years ago. By the 90s, you wouldn't know he was British.