Didn't ever think I'd be making one of these. R.I.P. Killagram.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
I know exactly what you mean.
My grandfather passed about 3 years ago he was about to turn 95
One day i was at his house chillin with him getting ready to take him to a Dr. appointment,
he was getting out of the tub and ready to get dressed and It hit me .....
My Grandmother had passed about 2 years earlier and I realized that the two of them had outlived all of their siblings
all of their life long friends and one of their children. There was nothing left except older family members.

I looked at him one of those days while i was visiting as he sat on the side of the bed,
Which is where he was everyday , watching TV and playing stupid ass games on the tablet my mother had given him.
It occurred to me "Is he just sitting here in a personal prison waiting for his time to die?"
This was a big strapping man with a lot of life and doing big things. Making shit happen
Worked saved and accumulated, only to end up in what appeared to me to be a preverbal cage.
Mind still sharp... Body not so much, he could hardly walk.
Barely able to walk and wouldn't take any assistance from anyone.
You touch him ... You would get cussed out severely.
We all pray for long life …. but I think we should all be very careful what we ask for.
Long life has consequences that we for the most part cannot foresee.
Last thing.... I have never seen a Brinks truck or a U-Haul follow a Hurst into the cemetery.

As a school teacher it's unfortunate but you have to help kids grieve through their losses in life. I came across this book titled Tuck Everlasting and it explained death and dying in the most beautiful way possible. So now every year I find time to read it to my students (if they're in the lower grades because you never know what they are going through). I won't spoil the book for others but basically it teaches why death is important and one of the most beautiful aspects of life. (however do not watch the movie it's bullshit). So many people think they want to live forever but that amount of time on Earth is nothing but a curse.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
I had that same reaction a couple of times. I used to enter those threads like.....

scared-peeking.gif
I knew what it was when he’d tag me

A bitch temple got destroyed

A true shepherd of zods will

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
May He Rest In Peace and His Family has my Sincere Condolences.
Lately I have been deeply contemplating my own mortality and realize
That there are a lot of people checkin out. We aint getting any younger.
Man you better not leave any time soon, because you are another poster that will be impossible to replace!
But yeah, at least I get to tell you while you are alive and kicking. :cool:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
May He Rest In Peace and His Family has my Sincere Condolences.
Lately I have been deeply contemplating my own mortality and realize
That there are a lot of people checkin out. We aint getting any younger.

My oldest aunt said that it's a blessing to get older...

The curse is that you see everyone that you grew up with die. And the burden to have to see so many die, go to so many funerals and take in all of those emotions is a a lot.

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor

The curse is that you see everyone that you grew up with die. And the burden to have to see so many die, go to so many funerals and take in all of those emotions is a a lot.
Crazy ass story ... Imma tell it next week about one of my Homies that passed two months ago.
Shit is mad wild. On the one hand he died too soon ....on the other Im shocked it took this long

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Side note ... family dynamics are interesting. Speaking of aunts ...

Never been close to my mom’s sister. Cold, arrogant lady. Turned 80 this month. Never been close to us kids. Last saw her 5 years ago. Said a few sentences in conversation to each other.

On the flip side, my dad’s sister. 75yo. Like a 2nd mom (never had kids of her own and married at 47yo). Keep in contact with her by email regularly and see her every few months. We got together last night and went for a walk at the local lake, listened to some live music there (band was playing), sat on a bench later talking about life and then went for onion rings & burgers.

I never take that shit for granted. It’s a blessing. Thanks for the company, Rose!

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Side note ... family dynamics are interesting. Speaking of aunts ...

Never been close to my mom’s sister. Cold, arrogant lady. Turned 80 this month. Never been close to us kids. Last saw her 5 years ago. Said a few sentences in conversation to each other.

On the flip side, my dad’s sister. 75yo. Like a 2nd mom (never had kids of her own and married at 47yo). Keep in contact with her by email regularly and see her every few months. We got together last night and went for a walk at the local lake, listened to some live music there (band was playing), sat on a bench later talking about life and then went for onion rings & burgers.

I never take that shit for granted. It’s a blessing. Thanks for the company, Rose!

Family dynamics are definitely interesting. Just because we're family don't make us "Family".

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Family dynamics are definitely interesting. Just because we're family don't make us "Family".

Well said.

Always keep the people close to you close. Treat ‘em like family.

My dad encouraged his gf to spend more time with her friends socially. She keeps a busy schedule with part-time work, quality time with her grandkids, and time with him.

She has lost a few friends this past year, including a friend she had lunch with last month.

My pops keeps in contact with friends by phone and email, and group lunches (old sports or work friends).

He said to her - “spend more You time. You deserve it. Maintain those contacts with your friends” and she plans on doing so.

I thought that was good advice. She is 77, but could pass for 65. High energy and gets things done ...

no2plex

Rising Star
Registered
It's with heavy heart that I have to share with the members of BGOL that our brother and friend Killagram has transitioned on to the next life.

He was born on July 26 1978 and passed on March 2, 2024. It took me a long while to find this out, as the nature of our relationship didn't yield much access to family or people who could confirm what had happened. Killa was my bro, partner in crime, a businessman, a dawg on these hoes, and was every bit the real life character he was on this board. He always bought the bar and he took good care of his employees and family, and he fed the streets as best he could. So rest assured he enjoyed life.

I'm not sharing his name partly because I know how ignant niggas on this board can be, but mostly because if I could ask him if he wanted me to I'm pretty sure he'd be like fuck naw lol. I don't suppose it matters much either way, because Killa was who the board knew.

This shit really sucks.

R.I.P. @killagram, you were truly a real one.
Very sad day indeed. Killa was always cracking jokes and brought life to board. That brother will be missed. Rest easy bro.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a school teacher it's unfortunate but you have to help kids grieve through their losses in life. I came across this book titled Tuck Everlasting and it explained death and dying in the most beautiful way possible. So now every year I find time to read it to my students (if they're in the lower grades because you never know what they are going through). I won't spoil the book for others but basically it teaches why death is important and one of the most beautiful aspects of life. (however do not watch the movie it's bullshit). So many people think they want to live forever but that amount of time on Earth is nothing but a curse.

Damn, I remember that book, it was part of the curriculum in elementary school, don't remember the exactly what grade I was in though. You're right the movie was trash.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well said.

Always keep the people close to you close. Treat ‘em like family.

My dad encouraged his gf to spend more time with her friends socially. She keeps a busy schedule with part-time work, quality time with her grandkids, and time with him.

She has lost a few friends this past year, including a friend she had lunch with last month.

My pops keeps in contact with friends by phone and email, and group lunches (old sports or work friends).

He said to her - “spend more You time. You deserve it. Maintain those contacts with your friends” and she plans on doing so.

I thought that was good advice. She is 77, but could pass for 65. High energy and gets things done ...

Your dad gave her words to live by...

No, he gave us ALL words to live by. :bravo:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Your dad gave her words to live by...

No, he gave us ALL words to live by. :bravo:

Thanks - yeah - thankful for his advice over the years. He too is 77, and still very sharp. He's always been realistic too in regards to mortality. He's lost a lot of people over the years - friends & family. And been around emergency situations through his decades in the fire dept.

I gave him plenty of credit during the pandemic as he made it a point to reach out regularly to people. Especially calls and emails to friends & acquaintances that he knew did NOT have many family or social contacts. He called them to "check in" and do his best to lift their spirits.

That's some real human shit to do.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

gil919

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's with heavy heart that I have to share with the members of BGOL that our brother and friend Killagram has transitioned on to the next life.

He was born on July 26 1978 and passed on March 2, 2024. It took me a long while to find this out, as the nature of our relationship didn't yield much access to family or people who could confirm what had happened. Killa was my bro, partner in crime, a businessman, a dawg on these hoes, and was every bit the real life character he was on this board. He always bought the bar and he took good care of his employees and family, and he fed the streets as best he could. So rest assured he enjoyed life.

I'm not sharing his name partly because I know how ignant niggas on this board can be, but mostly because if I could ask him if he wanted me to I'm pretty sure he'd be like fuck naw lol. I don't suppose it matters much either way, because Killa was who the board knew.

This shit really sucks.

R.I.P. @killagram, you were truly a real one.
Brother I'm so sorry , I just found out about this . Killagram was cool , I still have PM between me and him sharing information ... DAMN !... I wondered why I hadn't seen anything from him in a while . Im sorry for his family and the BGOL family for this loss. REALTALK R I P Killagram .

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Please don't forget @killagram was not just a character on here

He was MUCH more than that

He was a fully formed intelligent black man who fought through some very serious demons to become who we all know and respect

He seen it and been through the worst

And was not ashamed to share his history of hardship

It's his perseverance that we should honor more than anything.

We all have those moments especially as black folk that we all need to call on our inner killa from time to time.

KINGSAPIO

Torah All Day!
BGOL Investor
Truly saddened as a human/brother to see our brother @killagram leave this physical plain. To see BGOL members knowing how we're ALL coming along whether medically, or an unforeseen situation happen, should be common shared info (b/c most of us have/hold a genuinely care) but it's badmind ppl that ruin it for the good ones who could've lend a hand of insight, and/or formal support while someone is still living. Although death is inevitable it crushes my soul seeing over the past 20 years of being a BGOL'er how we've become affected to ppl we indirectly or directly know on this board. Your presence was felt brother. I know up top there will be a special place for ALL OF US BGOL'ERS!

Regardless how he preached game, and business.... R.I.P to a brother who left a significant impact behind.