If The Earth Was Flat. Why Can”t You See The Edge From A Plane?

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Exactly. You prove my point.

Of course not. You're going to veer northwest. On a sphere you can travel purely west. On a flat circle it will be northwest. It's still a westward direction. This is too simple to argue. Draw a circle on the goddamn floor, follow the outline of the circle and you end up in the same fucking place you started.

Light spreads, which means it's less concentrated, therefore less intense.

"The Law states that the intensity of a source decreases at a ratio inversely proportional to the square of the distance it travels. Basically this means, as the distance doubles, the light intensity decreases by a factor of 4." - https://www.parabolixlight.com/debunking-the-inverse-square-law

484e6e_de724887be38402bbe8db28925c3df43~mv2.webp

484e6e_3c01c71e5bf54f84bc6a7457ef3d0f9c~mv2.webp

The sun in the globe model is omnidirectional, therefore the inverse square law applies. The light would be too dim for us to see Saturn.

Here's a whole presentation on it:
That was a quick meeting

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Why does walking in a straight line on a flat disc take you on a circular path though? Shouldn't it just take you...straight? Why the effect of walking in a track on a vinyl record? Would that not require a slight and constant turn in one's path? This happens naturally on a sphere, on a disc there is no physical reason for it, how can this be explained?

And what is the relevance of the cardinal points? Is north the center of the record and south the outside of the record?
Was you in that same meeting?

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
It doesn't. Check my response.
I'm not sure which you mean, but I scanned for the one I think you mean and it didn't contain an answer to the question I'm posing.

On a flat plane, a straight line is a straight line. There is no possible way to walk in a straight line on a flat disc and arrive at a point on a circular path. A straight line will always take you to the edge.

Straight lines create circular paths on spheres because...they're spheres. How do you rationalize this?

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
I'm not sure which you mean, but I scanned for the one I think you mean and it didn't contain an answer to the question I'm posing.

On a flat plane, a straight line is a straight line. There is no possible way to walk in a straight line on a flat disc and arrive at a point on a circular path. A straight line will always take you to the edge.

Straight lines create circular paths on spheres because...they're spheres. How do you rationalize this?
How u have a right angle on a sphere?

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

If you draw a circle on the floor, you can follow the outline of a circle OR you can walk the outline of a diamond within the circle to shorten the distance. The point is, you can end up back at the place you started on a flat circle, just like you would a sphere.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
If you draw a circle on the floor, you can follow the outline of a circle OR you can walk the outline of a diamond within the circle to shorten the distance. The point is, you can end up back at the place you started on a flat circle, just like you would a sphere.
I'm not saying you CAN'T, I'm saying that you can't do it by walking in a straight line. A straight line on a disc will always only take you to the edge. You literally HAVE to walk in a circle to get back to where you were on a disc.

You can travel in a straight line and arrive at back your starting point because of the physical characteristics of a sphere. A disc may as well be a square, the corners just gone.

A straight line on a flat plane will NEVER bring you back to your starting point. How do you reconcile this w your belief?

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
I'm not saying you CAN'T, I'm saying that you can't do it by walking in a straight line. A straight line on a disc will always only take you to the edge. You literally HAVE to walk in a circle to get back to where you were on a disc.

You can travel in a straight line and arrive at back your starting point because of the physical characteristics of a sphere. A disc may as well be a square, the corners just gone.

A straight line on a flat plane will NEVER bring you back to your starting point. How do you reconcile this w your belief?

Dude, I didn't say walking a straight line on a flat plane will bring you back to your starting point.

Donjuan posted a video saying if you walk a straight line on a sphere, then make a 90 degree turn, walk another straight line, make another 90 degree turn and you will end up back where you started, making a triangle.

I'M saying, go try that on a football field since where are supposedly on a sphere. You're on a sphere right?? Then it should work....WRONG!

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

Photoshop!! Why do y'all keep letting graphic designers define your sense of reality??

Betelgeuse and Antares are identical in this pic. This isn't REAL.

Light years don't exist bruh. The celestial bodies are close, not light years away. You wouldn't be able to see them if they were light years away.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Photoshop!! Why do y'all keep letting graphic designers define your sense of reality??

Betelgeuse and Antares are identical in this pic. This isn't REAL.

Light years don't exist bruh. The celestial bodies are close, not light years away. You wouldn't be able to see them if they were light years away.
They are clearly not identical

U saying the light we see was just made?

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Dude, I didn't say walking a straight line on a flat plane will bring you back to your starting point.

Donjuan posted a video saying if you walk a straight line on a sphere, then make a 90 degree turn, walk another straight line, make another 90 degree turn and you will end up back where you started, making a triangle.

I'M saying, go try that on a football field since where are supposedly on a sphere. You're on a sphere right?? Then it should work....WRONG!
This makes sense to you? Using the scale of a football field for that idea? That can't make sense to you sir.

Also

How do the concepts of East and west work on a flat disc? How does circumnavigation work if you have to constantly correct right or left? Do you believe that all the pilots in the world keep it secret that they are flying using a massive and ubiquitous fake flight system? How can flight times be faked?