0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This isn't going to work. They're gonna cheer Becky no matter what. All this is going to do is bury Bianca even more. They fucked up Becky's return and fucked up Bianca's title reign and now they're trying to salvage it by turning Becky heel.

They figured they could fcuk over the black champ... LIKE EVERY OTHER TIME! So they're gonna make Becky a heel, which won't work cause, whyte people. So now they are seeing the backlash from even their own employees (shout out to Nikki Bella) so they're gonna do a heel run that will only push more Becky Lynch merch. And a big fcuk you to Becky Lynch for going along with this bullshyt thinking this will be good for everyone involved.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This isn't going to work. They're gonna cheer Becky no matter what. All this is going to do is bury Bianca even more. They fucked up Becky's return and fucked up Bianca's title reign and now they're trying to salvage it by turning Becky heel.

It actually may work if WWE does it right. Becky got a pop on her return, but it wasn't the pop everyone thought it would be.
Becky will never be as popular as she was a couple of years ago when she got over organically.
Everyone can see now that Becky has the WWE machine behind her, so maybe a heel turn (ala Roman Reigns) will be good for her.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They figured they could fcuk over the black champ... LIKE EVERY OTHER TIME! So they're gonna make Becky a heel, which won't work cause, whyte people. So now they are seeing the backlash from even their own employees (shout out to Nikki Bella) so they're gonna do a heel run that will only push more Becky Lynch merch. And a big fcuk you to Becky Lynch for going along with this bullshyt thinking this will be good for everyone involved.
WWE has this belief (which I think is bullshit) that if you lose a title match that quickly, that it's almost like a fluke and doesn't do that much damage to the champion that lost. They did it with Kofi and he hasn't been the same since.
It can only work if Bianca eventually gets the title immediately back in the next match, which we know probably ain't happening.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WWE has this belief (which I think is bullshit) that if you lose a title match that quickly, that it's almost like a fluke and doesn't do that much damage to the champion that lost. They did it with Kofi and he hasn't been the same since.
It can only work if Bianca eventually gets the title immediately back in the next match, which we know probably ain't happening.

Yeah cause that worked out so great for Kofi (like you already mentioned)

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It actually may work if WWE does it right. Becky got a pop on her return, but it wasn't the pop everyone thought it would be.
Becky will never be as popular as she was a couple of years ago when she got over organically.
Everyone can see now that Becky has the WWE machine behind her, so maybe a heel turn (ala Roman Reigns) will be good for her.

But they tried a soft heel turn for Roman when he first beat Undertaker during his Big Dog program. Romans current heel turn works for him and his background. The ONLY way a Becky heel turn works if she just goes straight Karen. Treating Zalina like a nanny for her kid, calling security when Bianca, Sasha and Naomi are hanging out back in catering.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But they tried a soft heel turn for Roman when he first beat Undertaker during his Big Dog program. Romans current heel turn works for him and his background. The ONLY way a Becky heel turn works if she just goes straight Karen. Treating Zalina like a nanny for her kid, calling security when Bianca, Sasha and Naomi are hanging out back in catering.
Like I said, they have to do it right and not one of these half-ass heel turns.
They can't treat her like the female Stone Cold where she's half heel half babyface, they need to have her go full heel.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Becky can be heel only after time spent in front of cameras playing up her arrogance.

Best time they could have turned her heel was when she was wearing a crown acting all Bugs Bunny arrogant sitting at the announcers table pretending to be a female version of Conor McGregor.

They should have capitalized on that then, but it wasn't the right time to do it.

With her receiving such a huge pop for returning, now it just wouldn't work.

It basically would be like CM Punk trying to play a heel character after being gone for so long. People will NOT boo these two. Not unless they are around long enough....

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Becky can be heel only after time spent in front of cameras playing up her arrogance.

Best time they could have turned her heel was when she was wearing a crown acting all Bugs Bunny arrogant sitting at the announcers table pretending to be a female version of Conor McGregor.

They should have capitalized on that then, but it wasn't the right time to do it.

With her receiving such a huge pop for returning, now it just wouldn't work.

It basically would be like CM Punk trying to play a heel character after being gone for so long. People will NOT boo these two. Not unless they are around long enough....

Sorry, that was Conor gimmick was the worst! Their writers just jump on anything that is relevant at the moment

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I stopped watching the second they fucked over Kofi and haven't watched since. I do drop by this thread though......
You're not missing anything. Working nights I would just search for hightlights of the full show before that get pulled on YouTube. WWE wasn't worth watching during the pandemic. The no crowd sucks the entertainment away from the show. AEW was ahead of the curve by putting talent around the ring for that little bit of crowd energy.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Sorry, that was Conor gimmick was the worst! Their writers just jump on anything that is relevant at the moment
It was, which is why it would have been the perfect time for her to pull off the heel turn. She would have gained mega heel heat if she kept on worh that gimmick.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If I am Tony Khan, I am on the phone to Gable Stevenson, Tamyra Mensah-Stock with video of how WWE does black folks and pulling Kurt Angle out of retirement and creating yet another stable. Gable would be a good foil for Miro (Big Meaty Men Bumping Meat) also Tamyra gives more "threats" to Jade and Nyla.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Anyone watching the Heels series thus far? They're a few episodes in. They're still working on character development, and need more wrestling ... but overall pretty good. Got it in the rotation with Godfather of Harlem, Reservation Dogs, Ted Lasso & shows we're watching ...

Heels is an American drama television series created by Michael Waldron that premiered on August 15, 2021, on Starz.[1]

Two brothers and rivals, one a villain, or "heel" in professional wrestling, the other a hero, or "face" play out scripted matches as they war over their late father's wrestling promotion and vie for national attention in small town Georgia.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone watching the Heels series thus far? They're a few episodes in. They're still working on character development, and need more wrestling ... but overall pretty good. Got it in the rotation with Godfather of Harlem, Reservation Dogs, Ted Lasso & shows we're watching ...

Heels is an American drama television series created by Michael Waldron that premiered on August 15, 2021, on Starz.[1]

Two brothers and rivals, one a villain, or "heel" in professional wrestling, the other a hero, or "face" play out scripted matches as they war over their late father's wrestling promotion and vie for national attention in small town Georgia.

Only 2 episodes have aired so far. Watched the first episode and it wasn't bad. Curious to see where the story goes.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
yeah I am fucking Heels
nice serious approach to local indie wrestling. Blown away by how good James Harrison's monologue was. Dude is really an actor.

Was it just me or Jack got a black eye. Did Ace give him the Bret Hart treatment between episodes. Alil suprised they were able to reconcile so quickly after the priemere.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
yeah I am fucking Heels
nice serious approach to local indie wrestling. Blown away by how good James Harrison's monologue was. Dude is really an actor.

Was it just me or Jack got a black eye. Did Ace give him the Bret Hart treatment between episodes. Alil suprised they were able to reconcile so quickly after the priemere.

Yeah - should be a good debut season. Heard the other day one of the leads is a serious wrestling fan, so it's good to see that level of interest put into the production. Like when boxing, mma, and martial arts productions are also done properly.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Stephen Adam Amell[1] (born May 8, 1981) is a Canadian actor, producer, and occasional professional wrestler best known for playing Oliver Queen / Green Arrow on The CW superhero series Arrow (2012–2020), the show that started the Arrowverse. Predominantly a television actor, Amell has also had notable roles in the films Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016) and Code 8 (2019). In 2019, it was announced that he would star in the upcoming Starz wrestling drama series Heels.

A lifelong professional wrestling fan, Amell has made appearances in major professional wrestling promotions, including working a match for WWE in 2015 and for Ring of Honor in 2017, joining the stable Bullet Club and later The Elite.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
Besides the blatant racial undertones of it, the second worse thing about the Bianca shit was that it was just so fuckin' lazy.

I get that Vince and them want the backlash. They think when they get people tight like this and talking about it on the internet that it's a good thing. They only care about making moments, things the can clip and put on YouTube that will get millions of views.

But they could've thought of some better shit. They knew Sasha wasn't going to be able to wrestle at SS last week.

They could've wrote Sasha off like she was mysteriously assaulted before the show, had a contender's match on the pre-show with the other Smackdown women for a replacement, had Bianca squash the winner, then have Becky return and turn heel. Then reveal Becky took out Sasha on Smackdown, setting up a 1v1, then a triple threat down the line.

Doing it the way they did it made Sasha look like she chickened out and Bianca look like a paper champion. And if Becky retains against Bianca, there ain't nothing left for her to do.

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor

I'll have to peep soon

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Its pretty good. Reminds me of like a wrestling Friday Night Lights.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah I am fucking Heels

James Harrison is great. I mean all the actors are great but I'm really shocked James Harrison made this transition to acting...its funny that I'm pretty sure a lot of these actors aren't even wrestlers but I believe them in their roles. Well done with the casting.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Besides the blatant racial undertones of it, the second worse thing about the Bianca shit was that it was just so fuckin' lazy.

I get that Vince and them want the backlash. They think when they get people tight like this and talking about it on the internet that it's a good thing. They only care about making moments, things the can clip and put on YouTube that will get millions of views.

But they could've thought of some better shit. They knew Sasha wasn't going to be able to wrestle at SS last week.

They could've wrote Sasha off like she was mysteriously assaulted before the show, had a contender's match on the pre-show with the other Smackdown women for a replacement, had Bianca squash the winner, then have Becky return and turn heel. Then reveal Becky took out Sasha on Smackdown, setting up a 1v1, then a triple threat down the line.

Doing it the way they did it made Sasha look like she chickened out and Bianca look like a paper champion. And if Becky retains against Bianca, there ain't nothing left for her to do.

In their defense they did the exact same shit to Rhea Ripley and Nikki....shit I think what they did with Ripley was criminal. This shit is all a joke. Now Bianca is about to become the next Naomi.....