Truck Driving...is it worth it??

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
I recently thought about it.
I'd get cdl, drive for a company for 6mo-1 yr.
then cope my own rig, going o/o.

Well driving for a company... is a good start... n maybe then after some time then get your hazz mat license... pays better... my buddy make about 115/120k a year... not his own rig, but home every night local long distance he drives...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
US to allow teen semi drivers in test apprenticeship program

The federal government is moving forward with a plan to let teenagers drive big rigs from state to state in a test program

By TOM KRISHER AP Auto Writer
January 13, 2022, 2:39 PM

DETROIT -- The federal government is moving forward with a plan to let teenagers drive big rigs from state to state in a test program.

Currently, truckers who cross state lines must be at least 21 years old, but an apprenticeship program required by Congress to help ease supply chain backlogs would let 18-to-20-year-old truckers drive outside their home states.

The pilot program, detailed Thursday in a proposed regulation from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, would screen the teens, barring any with driving-while-impaired violations or traffic tickets for causing a crash.

But safety advocates say the program runs counter to data showing that younger drivers get in more crashes than older ones. They say it's unwise to let teenage drivers be responsible for rigs that can weigh 80,000 pounds and cause catastrophic damage when they hit lighter vehicles.

The apprenticeship pilot program was required by Congress as part of the infrastructure bill signed into law Nov. 15. It requires the FMCSA, which is part of the Transportation Department, to start the program within 60 days.

The American Trucking Associations, a large industry trade group, supports the measure as a way to help with a shortage of drivers. The group estimates that the nation is running over 80,000 drivers short of the number it needs, as demand to move freight reaches historic highs.

Under the apprenticeship, younger drivers can cross state lines during 120-hour and 280-hour probationary periods, as long as an experienced driver is in the passenger seat. Trucks used in the program have to have an electronic braking crash mitigation system, a forward facing video camera, and their speeds must be limited to 65 mph.

After probation, they can drive on their own, but companies have to monitor their performance until they are 21. No more than 3,000 apprentices can take part in the training at any given time.

The FMCSA must reach out to carriers with excellent safety records to take part in the program, according to the Transportation Department.

The program will run for up to three years, and the motor carrier agency has to turn in a report to Congress analyzing the safety record of the teen drivers and making a recommendation on whether the younger drivers are as safe as those 21 or older. Congress could expand the program with new laws.

The test is part of a broader set of measures from the Biden administration to deal with the trucker shortage and improve working conditions for truck drivers.

In a statement, Nick Geale, vice president of workforce safety for the trucking associations, noted 49 states and Washington, D.C., already allow drivers under 21 to drive semis, but they can't pick up a load just across a state line.

“This program creates a rigorous safety training program, requiring an additional 400 hours of advanced safety training, in which participants are evaluated against specific performance benchmarks,” Geale said. The program will ensure that the industry has enough drivers to meet growing freight demands, he said.

But Peter Kurdock, general counsel for Advocates for Highway & Auto Safety, said federal data shows that younger drivers have far higher crash rates than older ones. “This is no surprise to any American who drives a vehicle,” he said.

Putting them behind the wheel of trucks that can weigh up to 40 tons when loaded increases the possibility of mass casualty crashes, he said.

Kurdock said the trucking industry has wanted younger drivers for years and used supply chain issues to get it into the infrastructure bill. He fears the industry will use skewed data from the program to push for teenage truckers nationwide.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
US Dept of Transportation Releases Several Initiatives Aimed At Helping Trucker Shortage

The Department of Transportation has unveiled a new set of initiatives to alleviate the truck driver shortage that has exacerbated the national supply chain crisis. Only on "CBS Mornings," Errol Barnett speaks with Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg about how the plan aims to bring in new drivers and keep the old drivers from leaving.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
I'm happy they get to make money but reality is no way i woulda been able to handle this truckers life at 18. I got into it at 26 and those first 3 yrs was very frustrating especially how trash u are at the beginning lol sum stressful days

I havent done it, but i have tow brothers that do it.. one is over the road and the other local long distance... both say the same thing that the first couple of year are your test years! If you can get past them... your good!! Some will get through it and many will not... just simple!! No matter what no job or career is for everyone!

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I havent done it, but i have tow brothers that do it.. one is over the road and the other local long distance... both say the same thing that the first couple of year are your test years! If you can get past them... your good!! Some will get through it and many will not... just simple!! No matter what no job or career is for everyone!
It's such a dirty game

From other truckers tryna pull ya fifth wheel handle to crooked dispatchers to white ppl lying directly to your face with straight faces

Don't let this go over yall head, its more honesty in the streets at least u know when a mfer dislike u but need u or you know when somebody bout to against u. I'll would tell a 18 yr old trust no one even trainers have hidden agendas

None of this will make sense to ppl who haven't been there but for ppl who have they know what I'm talking about. Also would tell them don't listen to sad stories cause some of all will stay with u no matter how cold hearted u are and plz don't fuck any of the chicks at rest stops.

Most important thing is to eat healthy cause u woulda been around to enjoy your money. And vacations with big bellies are the norm for truckers that's why instead of sitting in that truck i walk every day. I try to get 12k steps per day.

Last edited:

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
It's so a dirty game

From other truckers tryna pull ya fifth wheel handle to crooked dispatchers to white ppl lying directly to your face with straight faces

Don't let this go over yall head, its more honesty in the streets at least u know when a mfer dislike u but need u or you know when somebody bout to against u. I'll would tell a 18 yr old trust no one even trainers have hidden agendas

None of this will make sense to ppl who haven't been there but for ppl who have they know what I'm talking about. Also would tell them don't listen to sad stories cause some of all will stay with u no matter how cold hearted u are and plz don't fuck any of the chicks at rest stops.

Most important thing is to eat healthy cause u woulda been around to enjoy your money. And vacations with big bellies are the norm for truckers that's why instead of sitting in that truck i walk every day. I try to get 12k steps per day.

What you are spitting is real shit, unfortunately it doesnt matter if your 18 or 38...all those same things would apply!! Definitely some advice worth sharing!! Especially the health i seen my dads closest cousin get messed up cause of not eating right!! Then bragged about having a good time when he was able to but unfortunately im in this wheel chair now, but he said he wouldnt change a thing!! Im like wow!! He died less than a year after that...crazy stuff for him but you spitting some good advice!!

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What you are spitting is real shit, unfortunately it doesnt matter if your 18 or 38...all those same things would apply!! Definitely some advice worth sharing!! Especially the health i seen my dads closest cousin get messed up cause of not eating right!! Then bragged about having a good time when he was able to but unfortunately im in this wheel chair now, but he said he wouldnt change a thing!! Im like wow!! He died less than a year after that...crazy stuff for him but you spitting some good advice!!
That over the road eating had me gain 30 lbs twice

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Been local for almost 12 yrs but i was going hard like doing 12-13 hrs per day but after i had my daughter in 2015 I'm strickly a 7-9 hr per day worker

Plan to purchase a tractor this yr

The big money is in 1,000 mile trips because you get paid by the mile.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The big money is in 1,000 mile trips because you get paid by the mile.

Alot of those mfers be broke with that miles shit trust me i have family members who OTC it's not worth it for me. Most I've ever did was regional. Richmond VA the furthest south I've drove and Rochester NY the furthest up north I've driven.

Only worked over 40 hrs like 12 times in 5 yrs

All my checks 1200-1600 per wk. Can u imagine if i went back to working 12 hrs per day

I don't know what it feels like to get paid by the hr but if u divide my pay by the hrs i worked most wks i pull in $43-50 per hr. Really depends on how much i wanna hustle. I like to do the bare minimum to be honest as long as I make over $300 that day i be tryna get outta the truck to either go home to the family or go fuck bitches. Sometimes shit don't go ya way tho and u end up making $225 but some days i make over $400. On Fridays im only tryna work 6 hrs. I take off every Friday during the summer and get PTO for it.

When i work holidays its a $100 incentive plus u get your holiday pay plus what u made for the day. I hardly work holidays but i do every Thanksgiving. Easily be a $650—$700 day with the 3 things i listed how u get paid for that day.

Fuck those miles i rather have a life

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Lots of you cats think OTR is bad and local driving is better.

You need to ask yourself the question “If local driving is better, how come everybody is not doing it?”.

Like any profession, there are pros and cons.

One thing that has not been discussed in this thread is Team Driving for OTR.

Majority of team driving in the US is done by married couples.

The major benefit is a married couple are both being paid to drive. The truck is constantly rolling 24/7. The money being made goes into the same household.

A solo driver. To drive from Los Angeles to NYC will take 5 days. If a solo driver leaves LA on 600am Monday morning, he won’t arrive in NYC until Friday afternoon around 400pm. If he manages his hours good, he picks up a load in NYC and takes it back to LA, he will arrive back in LA the following Wednesday late afternoon. That’s 2800 miles for the pay period going one way, then 2800 miles going back that will pay out in next weeks pay week. It’s good money depending on his pay scale.

Now a team (husband/wife), they make the exact run leaving LA Monday morning at 6am. They will arrive in NYC by Wednesday afternoon. They pick up a load in NYC and head back to LA, they can be back in LA Friday afternoon. That means they ran 5600 miles in one pay week. Depending on their pay scale, that’s a good chunk of change to be bringing home together.

The married couple left out Monday morning and back home Friday afternoon to have dinner and catch the Lakers/Nets game at the Staples center, along with taking Saturday/Sunday off to return Monday morning and repeat the same route.

Meanwhile the solo driver is still in NYC and heading back to LA.

Do the math to figure out who is benefiting more in time and money?

Like I said, there are pros and cons.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Lots of you cats think OTR is bad and local driving is better.

You need to ask yourself the question “If local driving is better, how come everybody is not doing it?”.

Like any profession, there are pros and cons.

One thing that has not been discussed in this thread is Team Driving for OTR.

Majority of team driving in the US is done by married couples.

The major benefit is a married couple are both being paid to drive. The truck is constantly rolling 24/7. The money being made goes into the same household.

A solo driver. To drive from Los Angeles to NYC will take 5 days. If a solo driver leaves LA on 600am Monday morning, he won’t arrive in NYC until Friday afternoon around 400pm. If he manages his hours good, he picks up a load in NYC and takes it back to LA, he will arrive back in LA the following Wednesday late afternoon. That’s 2800 miles for the pay period going one way, then 2800 miles going back that will pay out in next weeks pay week. It’s good money depending on his pay scale.

Now a team (husband/wife), they make the exact run leaving LA Monday morning at 6am. They will arrive in NYC by Wednesday afternoon. They pick up a load in NYC and head back to LA, they can be back in LA Friday afternoon. That means they ran 5600 miles in one pay week. Depending on their pay scale, that’s a good chunk of change to be bringing home together.

The married couple left out Monday morning and back home Friday afternoon to have dinner and catch the Lakers/Nets game at the Staples center, along with taking Saturday/Sunday off to return Monday morning and repeat the same route.

Meanwhile the solo driver is still in NYC and heading back to LA.

Do the math to figure out who is benefiting more in time and money?

Like I said, there are pros and cons.
Down south & the mid west locally don't pay shit that's why they have to drive OTR. My cousin got off the road cause he was having a baby he couldn't find any local work down NC that he could maintain his lifestyle he ended up settling for the trainer's position because it paid $3 more per hr. My uncle have alot of health problems so he come off the road for medical reasons all the time but he's always jumping back otr cause its not good local money in his part of NC. My cousin in FL says the local work sucks so he's otr. See where I'm coming from THEY HAVE TO GO OTR to make good money we don't its plenty of drivers from my job who relocated and they end up getting laid off when it's slow. Only terminals never slow like us is Atl n Chi they never laid drivers off but this just the midwest n south terminals. The west coast is a different animal that I never dealt with and i heard Cali has the busiest intermodal system

I'M IN THE NORTHEAST ITS NOT THE SAME

PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA totally different

Most of those otr drivers HATE coming this way cause it's not wide open. They can't back in for shit
The places just too tight up here and if they not use to doing the shit we do on the daily then it's expected they gonna struggle. They not use to these tight rail yards, piers, streets. We be having to blind side off the street those mfers be lost.

U pointed out one scenario of a team couple gtfoh lol u know like i know that shit not often and hella shit goes wrong on the road. No way mfers making it from west to east and back like that but I'm gonna let u run this shit on ppl who don't really know i can't wait to show this in my group chat lmao

Its pros & cons in everything and every job

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Down south & the mid west locally don't pay shit that's why they have to drive OTR. My cousin got off the road cause he was having a baby he couldn't find any local work down NC that he could maintain his lifestyle he ended up settling for the trainer's position because it paid $3 more per hr. My uncle have alot of health problems so he come off the road for medical reasons all the time but he's always jumping back otr cause its not good local money in his part of NC. My cousin in FL says the local work sucks so he's otr. See where I'm coming from THEY HAVE TO GO OTR to make good money we don't its plenty of drivers from my job who relocated and they end up getting laid off when it's slow. Only terminals never slow like us is Atl n Chi they never laid drivers off but this just the midwest n south terminals. The west coast is a different animal that I never dealt with and i heard Cali has the busiest intermodal system

I'M IN THE NORTHEAST ITS NOT THE SAME

PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA totally different

Most of those otr drivers HATE coming this way cause it's not wide open. They can't back in for shit
The place just too tight up hehe and if they not use to doing the shit we do on the daily then it's expected they gonna struggle. They my use to these tight rail yards, piers, streets. We be having to blind side off the street those mfers be lost.

U pointed out one scenario of a team couple gtfoh lol u know like i know that shit not often and hella shit goes wrong on the road. No way mfers making it from west to east and back like that but I'm gonna let u run this shit on ppl who don't really know i can't wait to show this in my group chat lmao

Its pros & cons in everything and every job

I used to run the 48 states as team and a team can run like what I posted, cuz I have done it and did it for a year.

Yes, there maybe traffic, weather, mechanical issues, but that’s not the norm.

I know teams that run from Los Angeles, Cali to Jacksonville, FL along I-10 running FedEx loads. They back and forth with no issues.

Like you pointed out it does depend on routes and locations. If you running regional along I-95 and the Northeast corridor trying to get thru the NY Tri-State area and cities like Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington DC, you will have issues with severe traffic and weather.

You get out in the Midwest and West Coast, you flying down the interstate with no issues along I-90, I-80, I-70, I-40 and I-20, I-10. Those interstates are basically straight roads out in the middle of nowhere. Along with driving the north to south routes west of the Mississippi.

And the narrative of not getting paid is a myth. Driving is based on years of experience. You get your license today, your first year you might make around $25k/yr if that. Nobody is gonna pay you big money starting out when you have no idea on what you are doing.

Money is not going to start looking good until you hit the 3rd year depending on what you hauling. As a company driver the checks won’t start looking good until after 5 years.

There is money out there. I will say if you want to be home every day, you ain’t making shit like you pointed out. That’s by design.

I live in Vegas and know cats driving Class A local for companies like Coke, Pepsi and even Teamsters. They ain’t getting paid. They do it cuz they want to be home with family and friends everyday.

I mentioned about the married teams. What I didn’t mentioned is the ones who run good making that big money, are the ones who don’t have kids at home. Their Kids are grown and out of the house, so they have no obligation to get back there.

I met a young Latino married team who were company drivers with Werner a few years back based out of Dallas, TX. They had no kids. They got rid of their apartment, got rid of all their stuff and kept personal belongings in a storage locker.

They basically lived in the truck. When they took extended breaks, they would rent a car and get a hotel or stay with family/friends depending on where they did their breaks/vacations.

The wife was depositing her full check in the bank untouched. The husband took what they needed for road expenses (cell phone, food, hotel, rental car) from his check and deposited the rest.

They said they planned on doing it together for 4 years to stack up bread, then the wife was gonna get out to start having kids and he planned on doing something else. That amount of cash stacking up for 4 years is a lot of bread.

I have met a number of married teams who are doing the same thing.

I have 9 years experience. I am a company driver doing regional West Coast (West of I-25). The way I run I can be home 2 or 3 times a week. Lots of times I just drive thru Vegas so I can get rid of the load faster to grab another one. I’m making good money being my wife is a stay at home mother.

I can really boost up my pay running the 48, but I would only be home for a few days every couple of months. You gotta be hardcore and motivated to do that with a wife and kids at home. I ain’t doing that.

HumbleYaself

Potential Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Alot of those mfers be broke with that miles shit trust me i have family members who OTC it's not worth it for me. Most I've ever did was regional. Richmond VA the furthest south I've drove and Rochester NY the furthest up north I've driven.

Only worked over 40 hrs like 12 times in 5 yrs

All my checks 1200-1600 per wk. Can u imagine if i went back to working 12 hrs per day

I don't know what it feels like to get paid by the hr but if u divide my pay by the hrs i worked most wks i pull in $43-50 per hr. Really depends on how much i wanna hustle. I like to do the bare minimum to be honest as long as I make over $300 that day i be tryna get outta the truck to either go home to the family or go fuck bitches. Sometimes shit don't go ya way tho and u end up making $225 but some days i make over $400. On Fridays im only tryna work 6 hrs. I take off every Friday during the summer and get PTO for it.

When i work holidays its a $100 incentive plus u get your holiday pay plus what u made for the day. I hardly work holidays but i do every Thanksgiving. Easily be a $650—$700 day with the 3 things i listed how u get paid for that day.

Fuck those miles i rather have a life
What state are you in if you dont mind asking you and do you have your cdl A or B ?

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have 9 years experience. I am a company driver doing regional West Coast (West of I-25). The way I run I can be home 2 or 3 times a week. Lots of times I just drive thru Vegas so I can get rid of the load faster to grab another one. I’m making good money being my wife is a stay at home mother.

I can really boost up my pay running the 48, but I would only be home for a few days every couple of months. You gotta be hardcore and motivated to do that with a wife and kids at home. I ain’t doing that.

See that's why drivers at my job have to hustle hard because they married to stay at home moms or their gfs/wives only making like $14-15 p/h

I could afford to work 8-9 hrs per day because my wife makes more money than me. We split the bills. We own a house and both have our own cars. In fact she just bought a car last month. I only lease cars i don't purchase em.

In all my relationships I've ever had the female have always made more than me. No disrespect to anybody but i don't choose broke bitches. Even my side bitches gets bread in fact one of em just paid for my flight & resort to go away in March I'm kinda pissed she making me pay for my own rental lol stingy bitch.

I make good bread but these chicks paying for the D another chick booked a lodge in the Poconos next month so we could go relax for the wknd. She invited this chick we suppose to bang so I'm hopeful cause I haven't had a threesome in like 6 yrs now. Shit that suppose to be set in stone don't be happening so we'll see how that plays out.

Yeah im not a otr type of dude i drove to Detroit once and Ohio like 3 times its just not for me. I give dudes props for that shit just like they give me props for the shit i have to put up with in the tight ass northeast. Over the years I've had to back in so many drivers loads cause they couldn't get in the docks looking helpless as hell

U said new drivers would make around 25k their first yr. Honestly, cause I'm from NJ where its near the piers n its so congested idk any truckers making that type of money. Fork lift drivers make more than that out here. Got my license in 07 and think the least i ever made was 40k.

I've put my work in it out here from working on the dock, to yard jockey, from LTL, to P&D, from line haul, to regional, from straight job to glass delivery, from refrigerator load to flat beds, from dumpster driver to intermodal. Ive been intermodal for almost 12 yrs i love this shit. Cause its a hustle, u get paid for the work u put in and get plenty of PTO that's why i vacation so much.

Last edited:

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor
Been local for almost 12 yrs but i was going hard like doing 12-13 hrs per day but after i had my daughter in 2015 I'm strickly a 7-9 hr per day worker

Plan to purchase a tractor this yr
Trucks are so expensive right now. Where you looking to buy your truck from an auction?

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Trucks are so expensive right now. Where you looking to buy your truck from an auction?

At this point i have 2 options

My boy looking to upgrade he wants a sleeper so a few companies (ex. Ryder) will give u a good deal if u buy 2 or gonna have to get down with some guys to purchase wholesale from Canada which i miss the opportunity twice in 2021 cause I kept thinking the prices would come back down.

The market fucked up right now and nobody knows when it's gonna change smh one of my boy copped a brand new trailer in Oct that doesn't come until April cause it's on back order. He couldn't buy an old one cause those old ones going for over triple the price.

I'm sitting on alil bread, have an over 800 credit score and have 401k money i could take out if need be but I'm not trying pay $85-90k for a tractor i was going to pay $35-45k in early 2020. To be honest, it really has me sick just thinking about it

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
See that's why drivers at my job have to hustle hard because they married to stay at home moms or their gfs/wives only making like $14-15 p/h

I could afford to work 8-9 hrs per day because my wife makes more money than me. We split the bills. We own a house and both have our own cars. In fact she just bought a car last month. I only lease cars i don't purchase em.

In all my relationships I've ever had the female have always made more than me. No disrespect to anybody but i don't choose broke bitches. Even my side bitches gets bread in fact one of em just paid for my flight & resort to go away in March I'm kinda pissed she making me pay for my own rental lol stingy bitch.

I make good bread but these chicks paying for the D another chick booked a lodge in the Poconos next month so we could go relax for the wknd. She invited this chick we suppose to bang so I'm hopeful cause I haven't had a threesome in like 6 yrs now. Shit that suppose to be set in stone don't be happening so we'll see how that plays out.

Yeah im not a otr type of dude i drove to Detroit once and Ohio like 3 times its just not for me. I give dudes props for that shit just like they give me props for the shit i have to put up with in the tight ass northeast. Over the years I've had to back in so many drivers loads cause they couldn't get in the docks looking helpless as hell

U said new drivers would make around 25k their first yr. Honestly, cause I'm from NJ where its near the piers n its so congested idk any truckers making that type of money. Fork lift drivers make more than that out here. Got my license in 07 and think the least i ever made was 40k.

I've put my work in it out here from working on the dock, to yard jockey, from LTL, to P&D, from line haul, to regional, from straight job to glass delivery, from refrigerator load to flat beds, from dumpster driver to intermodal. Ive been intermodal for almost 12 yrs i love this shit. Cause its a hustle, u get paid for the work u put in and get plenty of PTO that's why i vacation so much.

I get where you coming from, like I said earlier in the thread, OTR is not for everyone.

And like I pointed out with married couples working team, to add to it you have to be a couple who loves each other, looks out for each other and work together as team/unit being on the same page on what you are doing with the same goals.

If you two are not together mentally, it’s gonna fail. That’s with anything you do together in a marriage.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
At this point i have 2 options

My boy looking to upgrade he wants a sleeper so a few companies (ex. Ryder) will give u a good deal if u buy 2 or gonna have to get down with some guys to purchase wholesale from Canada which i miss the opportunity twice in 2021 cause I kept thinking the prices would come back down.

The market fucked up right now and nobody knows when it's gonna change smh one of my boy copped a brand new trailer in Oct that doesn't come until April cause it's on back order. He couldn't buy an old one cause those old ones going for over triple the price.

I'm sitting on alil bread, have an over 800 credit score and have 401k money i could take out if need be but I'm not trying pay $85-90k for a tractor i was going to pay $35-45k in early 2020. To be honest, it really has me sick just thinking about it

And option to look into especially as a owner/operator is get a good running used truck. You can find plenty around that are 5 to 6 years old with about 300k/400k miles on them. The major Diesel engine makers like Detroit Diesel, CAT, Cummins have warranties for 500k miles or more on their engines.

For around $50k give or take you can find a decent one. The big fleets like Werner, Schiender, Covenant, CR England and others lease/purchase their trucks for 3 years and trade them in. They take care of their equipment and they are in good condition when they turn them back in.

Get your TWIC card (allows you into ports/rail yards) and run containers. All them dudes running containers operate used trucks.

One of the tricks is learn how to do your own maintenance. And establish a good business relationship with a local diesel repair shop/mechanic who can hook you up basically 24/7/365.

Them dudes doing that run them trucks hard to they quit, then trade it in for another and just keeping doing that.

Good money running them containers as a small business man or even as a side hustle.

I would do it, but I’m too lazy having to deal with running a business and being responsible for everything. That’s why I’m a company driver, let them deal with all that and send me my check on Friday.

HaHa!!! :cool:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good money running them containers as a small business man or even as a side hustle.

I would do it, but I’m too lazy having to deal with running a business and being responsible for everything. That’s why I’m a company driver, let them deal with all that and send me my check on Friday.

HaHa!!! :cool:

huh-wait-what.gif

giphy.gif

PossibleShinyDuckbillcat-size_restricted.gif

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT)

About the ELDT Regulations

FMCSA’s Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT) regulations set the baseline for training requirements for entry-level drivers. This includes those applying to:
  • Obtain a Class A or Class B CDL for the first time;
  • Upgrade an existing Class B CDL to a Class A CDL; or
  • Obtain a school bus (S), passenger (P), or hazardous materials (H) endorsement for the first time.
The ELDT regulations are not retroactive; the entry-level driver training requirements do not apply to individuals holding a valid CDL or an S, P, or H endorsement issued prior to February 7, 2022.

If an applicant who obtains a CLP prior to February 7, 2022, obtains a CDL before the CLP or renewed CLP expires, the applicant is not subject to the ELDT requirements.

Any individual who meets one of the exceptions for taking a skills test in 49 CFR Part 383 is also exempt from the ELDT requirements.

About the Training Provider Registry
Once operational, the FMCSA Training Provider Registry will retain a record of which CDL applicants have completed the new training and certification process outlined in the Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) regulations.

For more information about the ELDT regulations and the Training Provider registry, visit https://tpr.fmcsa.dot.gov.

The ELDT regulations and the Training Provider Registry were mandated under the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21). The ELDT final rule was based, in part, on consensus recommendations from the Agency’s Entry-Level Driver Training Advisory Committee (ELDTAC), a negotiated rulemaking committee that held a series of meetings in 2015.

What The New CDL Regulation Means To You

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Sunday afternoon I made it home to Vegas.

My company had me stop at the local TA to top off before heading to the yard.

The 2022 Freightliner I drive has two 120 gallon tanks. I was just below 1/4 tank when I pulled up to the pump.

TA was charging $5.15/Gal for Diesel that day. You can see the price at the bottom. On top the cost and gallon amount.

I’m back on the road today after resetting my clock. That fuel will last me until Wednesday afternoon where I will be closing in to less than 1/2 tank. I typically fuel about 3 times a week averaging about 100 gallons a fill up.

I have a company issue fuel card. They pay for the fuel.

You cats going “I’m gonna own my own truck”….Do the math on how much your fuel costs will be for the week along with all other costs and expenses.

And do the math on how much you need to be pulling in a week.

Then you will understand why I and others don’t own a truck.

QNXQqtT.jpg

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor
Sunday afternoon I made it home to Vegas.

My company had me stop at the local TA to top off before heading to the yard.

The 2022 Freightliner I drive has two 120 gallon tanks. I was just below 1/4 tank when I pulled up to the pump.

TA was charging $5.15/Gal for Diesel that day. You can see the price at the bottom. On top the cost and gallon amount.

I’m back on the road today after resetting my clock. That fuel will last me until Wednesday afternoon where I will be closing in to less than 1/2 tank. I typically fuel about 3 times a week averaging about 100 gallons a fill up.

I have a company issue fuel card. They pay for the fuel.

You cats going “I’m gonna own my own truck”….Do the math on how much your fuel costs will be for the week along with all other costs and expenses.

And do the math on how much you need to be pulling in a week.

Then you will understand why I and others don’t own a truck.

QNXQqtT.jpg
Does your company install apus in their trucks or ompti idle? My truck is in the shop over some def shit which could have been avoided if we had apus in the truck

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Does your company install apus in their trucks or ompti idle? My truck is in the shop over some def shit which could have been avoided if we had apus in the truck

We have the omptimal idle in our trucks.

FreightLiner routinely has def issues for some reason regardless if you have apu’s or not.

I think it’s by design cuz it always falls under warranty. Most likely to give their mechanics something to do.

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor
We have the omptimal idle in our trucks.

FreightLiner routinely has def issues for some reason regardless if you have apu’s or not.

I think it’s by design cuz it always falls under warranty. Most likely to give their mechanics something to do.
Lol you guessed it right bro. im driving an 2018 frightliner. And its funny the tow guy who came and picked up my truck gave me that same theory. That frieghtliner and all these def trucks are designed to fail. To keep mega companies on the hook to replace their fleet every 4-5 years. Im considering getting the system removed however that means i cannot goto cali or goto a normal mechanic anymore.