UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis - Sat. Nov 3rd, 2018

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I don't see anyone at 185 wanting to strike with him, not even Whittaker. I think he's going to go on a dominant reign at 185

Big fan of his too. Exciting striker, good personality, and confidence in his skill set. He's going to be a problem for many people.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I don't see anyone at 185 wanting to strike with him, not even Whittaker. I think he's going to go on a dominant reign at 185

Agreed. Whittaker is tough/durable, but his striking isn't as developed as Adesanya's. Plus, didn't Whittaker formerly fight at 170 before moving up to 185? He's on the smaller end for the division. Going to be interesting to see how Whittaker-Gastelum plays out in the first or second quarter of 2019. Kelvin's done quite well in his career post-TUF.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah Whittaker moved up from 170, Stylebender has 4 inches on him in height and 6.5 inches in wingspan. That would be a huge fight to have in Auckland tho

Agreed. Whittaker is tough/durable, but his striking isn't as developed as Adesanya's. Plus, didn't Whittaker formerly fight at 170 before moving up to 185? He's on the smaller end for the division. Going to be interesting to see how Whittaker-Gastelum plays out in the first or second quarter of 2019. Kelvin's done quite well in his career post-TUF.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yeah Whittaker moved up from 170, Stylebender has 4 inches on him in height and 6.5 inches in wingspan. That would be a huge fight to have in Auckland tho

Agreed. He has noted he wants to fight Rob & put on a show. Respect to Rob' too ... no easy feat getting back 2 back wins over Romero.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah i got a lota respect for Bobby Knuckles, even tho I think Romero beat him in the rematch he showed his toughness there, that Maori fighting spirit. Romero is the only 1 at 185 that would be scary to fight for Stylebender imo

Agreed. He has noted he wants to fight Rob & put on a show. Respect to Rob' too ... no easy feat getting back 2 back wins over Romero.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yeah i got a lota respect for Bobby Knuckles, even tho I think Romero beat him in the rematch he showed his toughness there, that Maori fighting spirit. Romero is the only 1 at 185 that would be scary to fight for Stylebender imo

Yeah - definitely some scares for Bobby in both Romero fights previously. I'd like to see a 3rd before Romero retires, if at all possible. Romero's in his early-40s now, right?

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah Romero 41 but lol his physique and the way he flips, bounces around and just the way he moves will make cats in their 20s feel non athletic. Romero is just so explosive, I'd like to see a 3rd fight but I can't even blame Whittaker if he doesn't want to get in that cage with Romero again after doing it twice

Yeah - definitely some scares for Bobby in both Romero fights previously. I'd like to see a 3rd before Romero retires, if at all possible. Romero's in his early-40s now, right?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yeah Romero 41 but lol his physique and the way he flips, bounces around and just the way he moves will make cats in their 20s feel non athletic. Romero is just so explosive, I'd like to see a 3rd fight but I can't even blame Whittaker if he doesn't want to get in that cage with Romero again after doing it twice

Yeah - he's nice with the athleticism. Love how he tries to lull opponents to sleep ... real nonchalant-like & then attacks. Spring-loaded precision when he finds his target.