Will Biden Allow Another Dem To Challenge Trump? He has the lowest approval rating of the CENTURY for the start of a re-election year!

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Dems just need to focus on regaining the House and controlling the Senate.....
thats the only real way to block and or control Trump's agenda if he were to win.

That's a big part of what is driving calls for Biden to step down.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not sure they want Harris.

Hillary has been pretty silent during this push.

With only 3 months before the election, they might have her step in

She won the popular vote against Trump so she might be the best chance.

Mofokrs dont want a woman and really dont want a black woman unless its Michelle

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Mofokrs dont want a woman and really dont want a black woman unless its Michelle

There's a split-- Some do, some don't.

(McCollum advocating for a specific VP nominee is wild.)

I think there's a consensus that Biden running is the worst case scenario. So the first step is getting him out and then you deal with what's next.

Harris is my preference and IMO the only realistic option but 'd be happier with any of these governors who aren't senile than with Biden.

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor

If it's not Kamala stay the course. The dont vote people are gonna have a field if she gets passed over.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
The dems are a shit show

You had eight fucking years after Billary

You roll out Bernie or you roll out Kamala and someone else

They and we are in deep shit regardless.

People want Biden to stay in it, not because he hasn't declined and is closer to an old folks home than the white house, but because he's the best shot at winning.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Coons are with Trump

Couldn't resist :dunno:
Coons clearly expressed support for Biden

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Why do people keep ignoring that a strong majority of regular Democrats want Biden to step down?

Be honest with yourself!!! And don’t lie to us!!!

You say "select people" like its a special list, not a random sample.

I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't understand the science of polling. :dunno:

Good point re: Newsom.

I don’t think she should choose either of them anyway.

I’ve had reservations about Biden for a long time, as evidenced by this thread starting much earlier in the year.

But I think you’re being unfair. It’s not about summersaults, it’s about sentences. Biden can’t put them together. Despite wanting another candidate for a long time and highlighting warning signs like his ducking the Superbowl interview, I was SHOCKED by his debate performance. I think it is fair for someone to change their mind after something like that, the worst televised debate performance ever.

That's a big part of what is driving calls for Biden to step down.

I think there's a consensus that Biden running is the worst case scenario. So the first step is getting him out and then you deal with what's next.

Harris is my preference and IMO the only realistic option but 'd be happier with any of these governors who aren't senile than with Biden.

Coons clearly expressed support for Biden

giphy.webp
giphy.webp

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

This-- what Sargent writes-- is why I think the open convention alternative is dumb and it should be Harris:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

The idea that supporting Harris over Biden is a white thing (or even racist) is the craziest argument I’ve ever seen some black people embrace.