If The Earth Was Flat. Why Can”t You See The Edge From A Plane?

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
I've chosen not to respond back to the flat earthers directly because of my blood pressure. I just want to say these niggas have a legal right to vote. That's some scary shit lol.
You're not kidding. I could understand if the explanations were complex, but after reading and seeing the posts on tik tok, it's obvious I'm dealing with young bloods. And I hated science in school but experiments were cool.

The narcissism is hilarious though. They are folks that didn't accept the truth after installing a gyroscope to disprove round earthers. Their findings that brought them to their conclusion was very sound. But the truth didn't align with their beliefs. At least they tested their theories.

The argument with Camille was the funniest. She assumed he would notice a change in time and the earth's rotation but no... dude dismissed it because he didn't see Antarctica.

According to our flat earth poster(s), no perimeter of flat earth, no precise center, one pole, no concept of time, etc. What are time zones are based on on flat earth. I don't even know whether flat earth rotates. I would bet dollars to doughnuts he's never traveled outside of his country.

I asked about the trees and he's talking photosynthesis. As if growing trees aren't subjected to gravity AND photosynthesis.

We can agree that there is a North pole already. No word of a South pole. Even if static electricity controls "up and down", where is the south pole on flat earth? No magnetic force? I'm not even trying to sound sophisticated. I'm not even thinking past middle school science.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
What question man? You have a communication problem. You choosing to reject and ignore every response to your claims does not negate that everything you claim has been responded to and knocked down.

You ask a question then stick your fingers in your ears and hum and when people's lips stop moving you declare victory on the grounds that no one will answer you. Do you not realize you're doing that? Or is it just a strategy you've chosen to stick with?

:smh:

What proof do you have behind your assertion that the majority of the world populace thought the world was a sphere for 1900 years?

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
What question man? You have a communication problem. You choosing to reject and ignore every response to your claims does not negate that everything you claim has been responded to and knocked down.

You ask a question then stick your fingers in your ears and hum and when people's lips stop moving you declare victory on the grounds that no one will answer you. Do you not realize you're doing that? Or is it just a strategy you've chosen to stick with?

Dude, did you write in a question to Globebusters livestream tonight?? Somebody asked a question that sounded like you verbatim!! Are you Crystal on yt??

Que'd at 41:46

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Has anybody in this thread been to space or only know what Dey been told and studied?
Nope, but I have been to Stavanger Norway and 200 miles south of South Africa and the full moon is upside down when you compare both places. The only explanation is the earth is round. If you say it rotates around the flat earth it would be sideways comparing Singapore and Trinidad and Tobago which I've also been.

Doesn't add up at all.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Nope, but I have been to Stavanger Norway and 200 miles south of South Africa and the full moon is upside down when you compare both places. The only explanation is the earth is round. If you say it rotates around the flat earth it would be sideways comparing Singapore and Trinidad and Tobago which I've also been.

Doesn't add up at all.

It works on a flat plane too. And quite easy to understand. Too easy. :smh:

Last edited:

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
I didn't know BGOL was so full of company men. Niggas walked in with guns, and came out with jobs. The brothers weren't maaaaad anymore. Lmao!

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor

Doesn't add up at all.

Have u been to the Norf Pole?

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered

I have, actually. It's similar to Alaska. The sun doesn't set during the summer. In the winter, maybe 3 hours of sunlight. Note: never been in the N Pole in the winter. We had to visit walrus County to collect biopsies. Now I'm sure folks are fucking with you. Nice try. Some of us deal with round earth situations in our occupation, not just squawking for the sake of squawking. Gotta go. Got a flight to Anchorage, ironic huh?

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
It doesn't disappear.

It might disappear to an observer on the ground, where the sun and it's light travel out of reach of the observer, but it's not gone.

In that model, i should still be able to see the sun even though it isnt illuminating my area. That is not what we observe. Also the sun would get smaller and smaller as it moves away until I cant see it anymore, just like a plane in the sky, but in fact what we observe is that the sun stays the same size until it sets over the horizon.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think we've all been misled, so I'm not singling you out.

For instance, you can be led to believe certain information comes from certain places, like satellites orbiting the earth, when that data might actually be coming from a source closer to the ground. But as long a you're told it's coming from satellites, and you have no reason to question it and it doesn't affect your ability to predict the weather, it doesn't matter whether the data is actually coming from somewhere else.

Can you for instance provide footage of a satellite launch in real time? Or is everything just cuts of videos and computer simulations of a launch? I'd like to see footage that convinces me 100% that they launched a rocket and released a satellite and it started orbiting rather than falling back down to the ground. Does that footage exist? If so please post it.

it’s actually does affect how we predict and monitor weather. Those details are not arbitrary numbers. They are precise and affects how we do calculations daily. These are not made up numbers. We are not allowed to be arbitray

This is just a snippet of the code I use to produce satellite images. And it all probably doesn’t mean anything to you, but it has everything to do with how I calculate and display my data.

#########################################################
# Getting constants from NetCDF file to create meshgrid
# used with map points created from Pyproj
#########################################################
print("Getting satellite constants and x,y coordinates...")

# Satellite height
sat_h = C02nc.variables['goes_imager_projection'].perspective_point_height

# Satellite longitude
sat_lon = C02nc.variables['goes_imager_projection'].longitude_of_projection_origin

# Satellite sweep
sat_sweep = C02nc.variables['goes_imager_projection'].sweep_angle_axis

# The projection x and y coordinates equals
# the scanning angle (in radians) multiplied by the satellite height (http://proj4.org/projections/geos.html)
X = C02nc.variables['x'][:][::2] * sat_h
Y = C02nc.variables['y'][:][::2] * sat_h

# Map object with pyproj. Creating Geostationary Projection grid
p = Proj(proj='geos', h=sat_h, lon_0=sat_lon, sweep=sat_sweep)

# Convert map points to latitude and longitude with the functions provided by Pyproj
XX, YY = np.meshgrid(X, Y)
lons, lats = p(XX, YY, inverse=True)

That code is just me setting up my projection map and coordinate system. There are 500 more lines of code that is doing other calculations.

Satellite height in that code returns a value of 35,786,023 meters which is the equivalent to 22,236 miles above earth surface. Plus it’s a geostationary satellite, which means it travels as the same exact rate as the earths rotation.

You telling me that satellite height doesn’t make a difference is like me telling you that the tempo of a drum pattern doesn’t make difference in how a song turns out, which we both know is bullshit.

You stay trivializing what I do on a daily basis just because you don’t see videos of satellites being launch. Which in your mind allows you to makes statements like: “satellites orbiting the earth, when that data might actually be coming from a source closer to the ground.”

If I was being misled, then I would have known a long time ago.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
In that model, i should still be able to see the sun even though it isnt illuminating my area. That is not what we observe. Also the sun would get smaller and smaller as it moves away until I cant see it anymore, just like a plane in the sky, but in fact what we observe is that the sun stays the same size until it sets over the horizon.

You don't understand how horizons work. This video demonstrates how things disappear beyond horizons because of your particular height. I've posted videos here where the sun sets and then the camera travels upward (drone footage) and the sun reappears again. It's not going over a curve.

In this pic YOU KNOW the floor and ceiling are parallel, yet because of perspective they appear as diagonal lines that converge to a single point in the center of the pic. If you were to lay on the ground and look down that hallway the range of what you see will lessen. The horizon will appear closer and you won't see beyond it. When you stand up again, the horizon will be further away and you will see further down the hallway.

I've covered all this before but yall clowns don't listen.

800px-Long_hallway_at_Bellagio.jpg

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
You don't understand how horizons work. This video demonstrates how things disappear beyond horizons because of your particular height. I've posted videos here where the sun sets and then the camera travels upward (drone footage) and the sun reappears again. It's not going over a curve.

In this pic YOU KNOW the floor and ceiling are parallel, yet because of perspective they appear as diagonal lines that converge to a single point in the center of the pic. If you were to lay on the ground and look down that hallway the range of what you see will lessen. The horizon will appear closer and you won't see beyond it. When you stand up again, the horizon will be further away and you will see further down the hallway.

I've covered all this before but yall clowns don't listen.

800px-Long_hallway_at_Bellagio.jpg

This response has nothing to do with what I said.

You said the sunset was the sun getting too far away for us to see it.

Things appear smaller and smaller as they get further and further away from us.

Why does that not happen to your flat earth sun?

Also what laws of physics explain why we wouldnt be able to see the sun even if it isnt currently illmunating us?

Last edited:

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
it’s actually does affect how we predict and monitor weather. Those details are not arbitrary numbers. They are precise and affects how we do calculations daily. These are not made up numbers. We are not allowed to be arbitray

This is just a snippet of the code I use to produce satellite images. And it all probably doesn’t mean anything to you, but it has everything to do with how I calculate and display my data.

That code is just me setting up my projection map and coordinate system. There are 500 more lines of code that is doing other calculations.

Satellite height in that code returns a value of 35,786,023 meters which is the equivalent to 22,236 miles above earth surface. Plus it’s a geostationary satellite, which means it travels as the same exact rate as the earths rotation.

You telling me that satellite height doesn’t make a difference is like me telling you that the tempo of a drum pattern doesn’t make difference in how a song turns out, which we both know is bullshit.

You stay trivializing what I do on a daily basis just because you don’t see videos of satellites being launch. Which in your mind allows you to makes statements like: “satellites orbiting the earth, when that data might actually be coming from a source closer to the ground.”

If I was being misled, then I would have known a long time ago.

.....Okay! Well I'm just going to agree to disagree with you.

I also want to know what you think of the info in this video. If you can spot the flaws in their claims, maybe it might swing me back around in considering that I live on a ball again like the good ol days. :cool:

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
This response has nothing to do with what I said.

You said the sunset was the sun getting too far away for us to see it.

Things appear smaller and smaller as they get further and further away from us.

Why does that not happen to your flat earth sun?

:hithead:

Because you aren't at the same height as the sun. From your perspective on the ground, the sun seems to dip below the horizon as if it were going over a curve. In actuality, it's traveling beyond the point where the ground and sky converge to a single point, BASED ON YOUR DISTANCE FROM IT and YOUR HEIGHT!! You could be on the ground, and the sun completely sets where you can see it anymore. Send a drone up 500ft and the sun will reappear.

My response had EVERYTHING to do with what you just said, you're just slow at connecting the dots. Seriously. :smh:

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

so looking at that footage, do you see the earth spinning at 1040 mph per hour around a motionless sun? Or do you see the sun traveling across a motionless earth?

NOTICE HOW THE SUN MOVES UP AND DOWN??

So is that the EARTH wobbling or is it the sun moving independently???

Mayne, we done here mayne! Memphis mayne DONE!!

Last edited:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
:hithead:

Because you aren't at the same height as the sun. From your perspective on the ground, the sun seems to dip below the horizon as if it were going over a curve. In actuality, it's traveling beyond the point where the ground and sky converge to a single point, BASED ON YOUR DISTANCE FROM IT and YOUR HEIGHT!! You could be on the ground, and the sun completely sets where you can see it anymore. Send a drone up 500ft and the sun will reappear.

My response had EVERYTHING to do with what you just said, you're just slow at connecting the dots. Seriously. :smh:

Completely false.

First, gonna point out that you keep dodging the question of your sun not getting any smaller. You can answer any day now.

Second, people fly at night and still dont see the sun in the sky. So where does it go?

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Completely false.

First, gonna point out that you keep dodging the question of your sun not getting any smaller. You can answer any day now.

Second, people fly at night and still dont see the sun in the sky. So where does it go?

Welp, gonna have to agree to disagree. What I said is 100% absolutely true. And I'm not dodging your question.

This is an extremely simplified representation of what happens.

giphy.gif

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
The camera is following the sun. The earth is still and at 0:17 we see the clouds running past the sun (parallax as well) while the earth remains still. The sun movement shows how it bounces and wobbles. That's not the earth.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
T

they are not moving.

THATS THE EARTH SPIN SPEED u are seeing on a time laspe speed camera

The camera is following the sun. Look at the foreground. If the camera were still the foreground wouldn't change and the sun would simply move off the screen as the earth moves. The camera is being adjusted in real time to follow the sun, that's why the foreground changes. That's not the earth moving, that's the sun.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Welp, gonna have to agree to disagree. What I said is 100% absolutely true. And I'm not dodging your question.

giphy.gif

So you arent dodging the question, but you arent answering it either...

When you cant explain something, your response is to say agree to disagree...

Why not just say the truth which is that you dont know and cant explain it and that your model is wrong?

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered

giphy.gif
I shit my Pants. The sun and the earth's moon spin in this motion? The sun and the moon affect the ocean? How does gravity allow for... fuck it keep posting.

older version

A version older
Registered
The sun would have to be extremely close to the earth in this model to not light up the entire plane
all at the same time, so close that the earth would have been annihilated.

giphy.gif

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
Nah, but if I wasn't married I would spend a couple of weeks in Antarctica. South pole, ice wall and the nights watch
Hey, is there any money promoting flat earther propaganda? I mean that pic doesn't account for the earth's 'tilt'. I don't know much about the equinoxes so I can't discuss it. Lemme know something. There's money in the treatment, not the cure.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
The sun would have to be extremely close to the earth in this model to not light up the entire plane
all at the same time, so close that the earth would have been annihilated.

It IS extremely close to the earth. And it's not a big as they claimed. The sun is simply NOT 92 million miles away.

It's close and small.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator

giphy.gif
So the Moon and Sun go at different speeds right? and one is lower than the other right? Oh and the Sun is what, 3000 miles? So what kind of magic shit burns for millions of years and is that small?